Two Bros Exhaust now available

Scoobynut_imp said:
Guth_imp said:
The problem with the 2 Bros design is that it appears as if they simply take an existing can down off of the shelf and slap it on some spare mid-pipe they found laying around and throw it out on the market for sale. On the other hand, with the designs like the Staintune or the Moriwaki, it is obvious they spent the time and the money to obtain gains in both performance and looks — creating designs that are unique to the CB1100.

Compare and contrast:

2396c000e26145de8bc78f0dbaec3923.jpg
Well said, Guth. I remember thinking when I first saw the TBR exhaust yesterday, hmmm, well, they certainly didn't spend a lot of money developing that exhaust, for the reasons you spelled out. I can understand their reasoning -- to save development costs -- but I just don't see the exhaust having much appeal with most of the CB1100 crowd.
Well said, Guth. I remember thinking when I first saw the TBR exhaust yesterday, hmmm, well, they certainly didn't spend a lot of money developing that exhaust, for the reasons you spelled out. I can understand their reasoning -- to save development costs -- but I just don't see the exhaust having much appeal with most of the CB1100 crowd.
+1
 
The same video posted by CB4ME is on YouTube, on the 2brostv channel. I tried to leave a negative comment about how the pipe doesn't match the character of the motorcycle, and they should be ashamed of themselves for grabbing a sportbike can "off the rack", and rushing this design to market.

Well, the comments are "subject to approval" when you try to enter them, and yep, they get deleted (I've tried twice now).

I guess they only want to hear nice words about their products.
 
thumper_imp said:
The same video posted by CB4ME is on YouTube, on the 2brostv channel. I tried to leave a negative comment about how the pipe doesn't match the character of the motorcycle, and they should be ashamed of themselves for grabbing a sportbike can "off the rack", and rushing this design to market.

Well, the comments are "subject to approval" when you try to enter them, and yep, they get deleted (I've tried twice now).

I guess they only want to hear nice words about their products.
I love 2 bros, but that shows their commitment to the customer. That exhasut looks like a titanium carbon shorty on a pristine CB750F. It just does not work. On my '01 'Busa, sure, awesome... but not here. NEXT....
 
Agree with all of you. 2bros seems to be trying to make a quick and easy buck without doing any work.
I'll buy from the guys that put in the effort to do the job right.

but honestly nothing in the 2bros product line seems to be right for this bike.
 
Flynbulldog_imp said:
Agree with all of you. 2bros seems to be trying to make a quick and easy buck without doing any work.
I'll buy from the guys that put in the effort to do the job right.

but honestly nothing in the 2bros product line seems to be right for this bike.
So as I stated earlier... I wholeheartedly agree that the look leaves something to be desired, but I wouldn't say that they just slapped this thing together. 9 horsepower from a slip-on with no other tuning is no small feat.
 
I just noticed on the picture of the 2bros exhaust from page 2:

"Hey guys, when you're done destroying the looks of this bike by putting your exhaust pipe on it, make sure you re-install the headlight shell before taking your studio shots!"

:(
 
don't know if you guys know this but Kerker is still in business and still selling exhausts for the KZ900/1000.
I'll bet they could be coerced into building exhaust for the CB.
Not my cup of tea though, I'd rather have the mugen or staintune.
 
Deftquiver_imp said:
Sounds nice, and I like the HP/Torque gains... but is it just me... or is that thing ugly?
Gentlemen,

Yeah, no question about it. Two Brothers hit this unit hard with the ugly stick and then gave it a couple more wacks for good measure. On the CB1100 that exhaust looks about as proper as running boards on a Ferrari. Good grief. I don't care how good it sounds or performs, there is no way I would mount that on my CB.

Chip
 
thumper_imp said:
Deftquiver_imp said:
So call me crazy... but it's actually starting to grow on me.
Okay, you're crazy! :P
Lol... well hear me out... First off, I'd rather have that can on my CB11 than a generic windscreen... and second, I agree that it doesn't fit the CB in it's current state, but if it had a bit of a street fighter treatment, I think I could dig it.


But again... I may just be crazy.
 
Deftquiver_imp said:
thumper_imp said:
Deftquiver_imp said:
So call me crazy... but it's actually starting to grow on me.
Okay, you're crazy! :P
Lol... well hear me out... First off, I'd rather have that can on my CB11 than a generic windscreen... and second, I agree that it doesn't fit the CB in it's current state, but if it had a bit of a street fighter treatment, I think I could dig it.


But again... I may just be crazy.
I agree that it doesn't fit the CB in it's current state, but if it had a bit of a street fighter treatment, I think I could dig it.


But again... I may just be crazy.
Yea, I would also dig it on that CB11 :angel:
 
redReno_imp said:
Deftquiver_imp said:
thumper_imp said:
Deftquiver_imp said:
So call me crazy... but it's actually starting to grow on me.
Okay, you're crazy! :P
Lol... well hear me out... First off, I'd rather have that can on my CB11 than a generic windscreen... and second, I agree that it doesn't fit the CB in it's current state, but if it had a bit of a street fighter treatment, I think I could dig it.


But again... I may just be crazy.
I agree that it doesn't fit the CB in it's current state, but if it had a bit of a street fighter treatment, I think I could dig it.


But again... I may just be crazy.
Yea, I would also dig it on that CB11 :angel:
Hooray... I'm not alone. :P
 
Man , what a waste of performance...you should never compromise on aesthetics ..
Sorry I can't see the big red in another role...it's like Michael Jordan playing golf...
 
I would bite the bullet for the rest of you so that I could vouch for the performance gains... but looking at the forums, I've seen some iffy posts about TwoBros as far as customer service.
 
Back
Top