Turn Signal Removal

Nibis_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I plan on changing to a different turn signal, anyone have any tips on how they come off. I was adding a battery tender cable to the battery today and looked at the signals, but not exactly sure how they come off.
 
Nibis_imp said:
I plan on changing to a different turn signal, anyone have any tips on how they come off. I was adding a battery tender cable to the battery today and looked at the signals, but not exactly sure how they come off.
I think I did a write up when asked earlier in the year but my memory is pretty poor as of late. I will see if I can find it. I definitely posted pictures and part numbers for the harnesses and turn signals I used somewhere on here at the bare minimum

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Let us know how you go searching, mvk24. I’ve relocated my rear turn signals recently enough to have a vague memory of how I did it.
 
mvk24_imp said:
Nibis_imp said:
I plan on changing to a different turn signal, anyone have any tips on how they come off. I was adding a battery tender cable to the battery today and looked at the signals, but not exactly sure how they come off.
I think I did a write up when asked earlier in the year but my memory is pretty poor as of late. I will see if I can find it. I definitely posted pictures and part numbers for the harnesses and turn signals I used somewhere on here at the bare minimum

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
I think I did a write up when asked earlier in the year but my memory is pretty poor as of late. I will see if I can find it. I definitely posted pictures and part numbers for the harnesses and turn signals I used somewhere on here at the bare minimum

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Will this help?
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=17287&pid=304616#pid304616

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9405&pid=300300#pid300300

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread....424&page=2

[url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9405&pid=290985#pid290985]http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9405&pid=290985#pid290985
 
peterbaron_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
Nibis_imp said:
I plan on changing to a different turn signal, anyone have any tips on how they come off. I was adding a battery tender cable to the battery today and looked at the signals, but not exactly sure how they come off.
I think I did a write up when asked earlier in the year but my memory is pretty poor as of late. I will see if I can find it. I definitely posted pictures and part numbers for the harnesses and turn signals I used somewhere on here at the bare minimum

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
I think I did a write up when asked earlier in the year but my memory is pretty poor as of late. I will see if I can find it. I definitely posted pictures and part numbers for the harnesses and turn signals I used somewhere on here at the bare minimum

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Will this help?
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=17287&pid=304616#pid304616

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9405&pid=300300#pid300300

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread....424&page=2

[url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9405&pid=290985#pid290985]http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9405&pid=290985#pid290985
I think I did a write up when asked earlier in the year but my memory is pretty poor as of late. I will see if I can find it. I definitely posted pictures and part numbers for the harnesses and turn signals I used somewhere on here at the bare minimum

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Will this help?
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=17287&pid=304616#pid304616

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9405&pid=300300#pid300300

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread....424&page=2

[url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9405&pid=290985#pid290985]http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9405&pid=290985#pid290985
Yes thank you very much

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Nibis_imp said:
I found the wire harness adapters, resistors and some adapters that should work.
Those look cool, my turn signals are done but do you have a link for those?

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Thread starter
mvk24_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
Nibis_imp said:
I plan on changing to a different turn signal, anyone have any tips on how they come off. I was adding a battery tender cable to the battery today and looked at the signals, but not exactly sure how they come off.
I think I did a write up when asked earlier in the year but my memory is pretty poor as of late. I will see if I can find it. I definitely posted pictures and part numbers for the harnesses and turn signals I used somewhere on here at the bare minimum

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
I think I did a write up when asked earlier in the year but my memory is pretty poor as of late. I will see if I can find it. I definitely posted pictures and part numbers for the harnesses and turn signals I used somewhere on here at the bare minimum

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Will this help?
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=17287&pid=304616#pid304616

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9405&pid=300300#pid300300

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread....424&page=2

[url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9405&pid=290985#pid290985]http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9405&pid=290985#pid290985
I think I did a write up when asked earlier in the year but my memory is pretty poor as of late. I will see if I can find it. I definitely posted pictures and part numbers for the harnesses and turn signals I used somewhere on here at the bare minimum

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Will this help?
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=17287&pid=304616#pid304616

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9405&pid=300300#pid300300

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread....424&page=2

[url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9405&pid=290985#pid290985]http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9405&pid=290985#pid290985
Yes thank you very much

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Nibis_imp said:
I found the wire harness adapters, resistors and some adapters that should work.
Those look cool, my turn signals are done but do you have a link for those?

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
I think I did a write up when asked earlier in the year but my memory is pretty poor as of late. I will see if I can find it. I definitely posted pictures and part numbers for the harnesses and turn signals I used somewhere on here at the bare minimum

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Will this help?
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=17287&pid=304616#pid304616

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9405&pid=300300#pid300300

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread....424&page=2

[url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9405&pid=290985#pid290985]http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9405&pid=290985#pid290985
Yes thank you very much

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Nibis_imp said:
I found the wire harness adapters, resistors and some adapters that should work.
Those look cool, my turn signals are done but do you have a link for those?

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca https://www.motorcycleid.com/show-c...9t.html?singleid=1644723527&url=131385219



Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
Nibis_imp said:
I plan on changing to a different turn signal, anyone have any tips on how they come off. I was adding a battery tender cable to the battery today and looked at the signals, but not exactly sure how they come off.
I think I did a write up when asked earlier in the year but my memory is pretty poor as of late. I will see if I can find it. I definitely posted pictures and part numbers for the harnesses and turn signals I used somewhere on here at the bare minimum

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
I think I did a write up when asked earlier in the year but my memory is pretty poor as of late. I will see if I can find it. I definitely posted pictures and part numbers for the harnesses and turn signals I used somewhere on here at the bare minimum

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Will this help?
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=17287&pid=304616#pid304616

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9405&pid=300300#pid300300

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread....424&page=2

[url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9405&pid=290985#pid290985]http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9405&pid=290985#pid290985
I think I did a write up when asked earlier in the year but my memory is pretty poor as of late. I will see if I can find it. I definitely posted pictures and part numbers for the harnesses and turn signals I used somewhere on here at the bare minimum

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Will this help?
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=17287&pid=304616#pid304616

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9405&pid=300300#pid300300

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread....424&page=2

[url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9405&pid=290985#pid290985]http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9405&pid=290985#pid290985

Yes, it does help with some good info, however, I still don't see how to take the stock signals off. While this is usually fairly simple, and it probably is. When I look at my bike, all I see is a black plate, or something, that looks like it's blocking access to the mounting hardware.
 
Nibis_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
Nibis_imp said:
I plan on changing to a different turn signal, anyone have any tips on how they come off. I was adding a battery tender cable to the battery today and looked at the signals, but not exactly sure how they come off.
I think I did a write up when asked earlier in the year but my memory is pretty poor as of late. I will see if I can find it. I definitely posted pictures and part numbers for the harnesses and turn signals I used somewhere on here at the bare minimum

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
I think I did a write up when asked earlier in the year but my memory is pretty poor as of late. I will see if I can find it. I definitely posted pictures and part numbers for the harnesses and turn signals I used somewhere on here at the bare minimum

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Will this help?
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=17287&pid=304616#pid304616

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9405&pid=300300#pid300300

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread....424&page=2

[url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9405&pid=290985#pid290985]http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9405&pid=290985#pid290985
I think I did a write up when asked earlier in the year but my memory is pretty poor as of late. I will see if I can find it. I definitely posted pictures and part numbers for the harnesses and turn signals I used somewhere on here at the bare minimum

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Will this help?
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=17287&pid=304616#pid304616

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9405&pid=300300#pid300300

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread....424&page=2

[url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9405&pid=290985#pid290985]http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9405&pid=290985#pid290985

Yes, it does help with some good info, however, I still don't see how to take the stock signals off. While this is usually fairly simple, and it probably is. When I look at my bike, all I see is a black plate, or something, that looks like it's blocking access to the mounting hardware.
I think I did a write up when asked earlier in the year but my memory is pretty poor as of late. I will see if I can find it. I definitely posted pictures and part numbers for the harnesses and turn signals I used somewhere on here at the bare minimum

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Will this help?
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=17287&pid=304616#pid304616

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9405&pid=300300#pid300300

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread....424&page=2

[url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9405&pid=290985#pid290985]http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9405&pid=290985#pid290985

Yes, it does help with some good info, however, I still don't see how to take the stock signals off. While this is usually fairly simple, and it probably is. When I look at my bike, all I see is a black plate, or something, that looks like it's blocking access to the mounting hardware. The front and rear are a bit different.

The rear you have to remove the 2 bolts that are also your tie downs. That will let you remove the black peice of metal that your turn signals are mounted to.

The rear most tie down/bolt on each side goes through a plate on the back side that holds the rear turn signal housing in place.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Thread starter
[/QUOTE]The front and rear are a bit different.

The rear you have to remove the 2 bolts that are also your tie downs. That will let you remove the black peice of metal that your turn signals are mounted to.

The rear most tie down/bolt on each side goes through a plate on the back side that holds the rear turn signal housing in place.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that is what I was looking for, makes sense now.
 
The front and rear are a bit different.

The rear you have to remove the 2 bolts that are also your tie downs. That will let you remove the black peice of metal that your turn signals are mounted to.

The rear most tie down/bolt on each side goes through a plate on the back side that holds the rear turn signal housing in place.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that is what I was looking for, makes sense now.
[/QUOTE]No problem, I have the factory rear rack and converted to micro LED turn signals but if you need i will stumble in the garage and get some pictures of what you make need even though it might look slightly different now on mine.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Back
Top