Turn Signal Relocation

Cormanus

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter
I'm planning to fit some saddlebags to the CB1100 and will have to move the indicators if I'm to ride the bike two up—which I'm planning to do occasionally. I bought a Saddlemen universal relocator, but I can't see that the licence bracket will be sturdy enough to support it given it hangs off the brake light housing. Seems to me that adding a couple of indicators, no matter how light, runs the risk of putting too much strain on the structure. I suspect I'll also have to modify the Saddlemen bar to get the OEM signal mountings to fit well.

Does any one have any experience with the Saddlemen universal relocator. If so, I'd appreciate any thoughts, guidance or advice.
 
My guess, you have to be willing to replace the original turn indicators with some ultralight, LEDs. I have seen one integrated rear/brake/turn light housing on a CB RS. If needed, I could possibly find and post a picture (the bike was for sale). Downside: it's no longer the CB1100 original looks.
 
Cormanus, can post a pic of the Saddlemen reloactor?
 
Cormanus, Is your 2010 Australian brake light assm. the same as the 2013 US model? If so that bracket is built in to the mount and has reflectors on it. But it is all metal and bolted to the fender with rubber bushings. It will hold signals easily.
 
Bought mine from Samurider for $110 (including shipping) back in 2017. Part# was plot0004 and it came with wiring extensions. Was part of a saddlebag guard/mount system but he was able to order just the signal relocation bracket and assy parts for me. This is a heavy duty bracket .... looks like an angle iron with welded caps on each end.
 
Thread starter
Thanks again, Lord Popgun. I've taken it all apart now and confirm the licence holder does bolt straight to the fender. I can't decide yet whether simply to attach it to the top of the licence plate or drill new holes in it and attach it with the bolts that hold the bracket to the fender.
 
Thread starter
Next question, if I may: it seems to be hard to source OEM electrical plugs for motorcycles in Brisbane, Australia. That may well be because I don't know where to look. To help me narrow the field, does anyone know the type and spec of the plus used for the rear indicators?
 
Back
Top