Mr.P's CB mods, mark II

misterprofessionality

Road warrior
Thread starter
Howdy folks,

So i got tired of the strictly 80's look, and got tired of worrying about my shoddy signal brackets, and instead decided to swap things to something more reliable, sturdy, modern, and trim. edit: forgot to mention I also relocated my horns to the side orientation just under the headlight. now they sound to the left and right to alert people who don't check their blind spots, it's also a bit neater and more trim around the headlight.

mods: returned to the stock seat, swapped signals for smaller Aluminum casing signals from K&S, swapped tail light for smaller metal cased tail light, swapped MIZ tail from short rear fender from Samurider, swapped to 2017 style grab rail in Black, using a modified homemade bracket, which also houses the rear signals.





and here's a shot of the little bracket....it's very low profile. you almost can't tell it's there. i'm impressed with myself.



i gotta say, seeing it together, this seems like the way Honda should have set this bike up from stock. the '17 grab rail is just SO much better. the shorter rear fender and smaller lights are a big plus too. I think i found the aesthetic sweet spot for this bike.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
:thumbsup: , the best I like is your gold chain!
DID ZVM-X X ring chain. one of the best out there. I had to get it when i changed my sprockets.
DID ZVM-X X ring chain. one of the best out there. I had to get it when i changed my sprockets. You are right about that chain , I have the "silver" plated one , very easy to keep clean.
 
Looks good, Mr.P. Where did the knee pads come from?
 
Thread starter
mtneers_imp said:
Looks great Adam! Is your front fender carbon fiber?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is. i had that at the rally actually! I thought about swapping for a shorty metal front fender, but in the end decided that i wouldn't be able to sell the carbon fiber for the amount needed to fund the purchase of the short metal fender.
Cormanus_imp said:
Looks good, Mr.P. Where did the knee pads come from?
http://www.madhornets.com/tank-trac...MIlpfc97Xc6AIVyP_jBx1DaATZEAQYASABEgJFJfD_BwE
 
Thanks. They might well solve a problem for me. Once they're on, can you ever get them off?
Another question, maybe? How did you get the forum to display photos on Google?
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Thanks. They might well solve a problem for me. Once they're on, can you ever get them off?
Another question, maybe? How did you get the forum to display photos on Google?
They go on with a kind of sticky 3M material. it stays on really well and does nothing at all to your paint job. However, if you ever accidentally pull them off, they will NEVER go back on. EVER. a landscaper accidentally pulled one of mine off and I had to make the landscaping company buy me a new set, because i couldn't get it to stick back on correctly.

I take those pictures on my phone, but instead of taking the pictures the regular way, I take them as if i'm sending a pic to my wife on Google Hangouts (use the "send picture" function in the app). It allows you to snap the picture in the app rather than having to go out and activate your camera yadda yadda. This way the picture appears in the chat feed of google hangouts on my laptop. when you open an image in google hangouts, it opens a new browser tab to show you the full sized image. this browser tab has a URL. This URL can be used to post an image on the CB1100 forum. it's so much faster than using IMGUR or any other hosting site.
 
Thanks, MrP. I remember the story of the tank pad and the landscaper now you remind me. Somewhere in Google Photos there’s a url with ‘.jpg’ at the end of it, but I’ve never been able to find it. Interesting it turns up in Hangouts.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Howdy folks,

So i got tired of the strictly 80's look, and got tired of worrying about my shoddy signal brackets, and instead decided to swap things to something more reliable, sturdy, modern, and trim. edit: forgot to mention I also relocated my horns to the side orientation just under the headlight. now they sound to the left and right to alert people who don't check their blind spots, it's also a bit neater and more trim around the headlight.

mods: returned to the stock seat, swapped signals for smaller Aluminum casing signals from K&S, swapped tail light for smaller metal cased tail light, swapped MIZ tail from short rear fender from Samurider, swapped to 2017 style grab rail in Black, using a modified homemade bracket, which also houses the rear signals.





and here's a shot of the little bracket....it's very low profile. you almost can't tell it's there. i'm impressed with myself.



i gotta say, seeing it together, this seems like the way Honda should have set this bike up from stock. the '17 grab rail is just SO much better. the shorter rear fender and smaller lights are a big plus too. I think i found the aesthetic sweet spot for this bike.
NOICE. Care to fab me some brackets? :D
 
Back
Top