Houtman_imp said:
They do show the Dunlop 205 on the 2017 parts fiche , will it be a Honda OEM tire for a while ? ( about $ 170 )
I love them on my 2017 and would like to fit them also as a tubeless tire on my 2013/2014.
Thanks for the lead. I checked the fiche and found the part numbers. Used Google and found them listed on Babbitts, ProCaliber, and Honda Service websites with prices.
I telephoned Dave Johnston at Dunlop Motorcycle Tires in Dayton, Ohio again. He confirmed that Dunlop would not be importing them as the numbers required would be too small. He feels that Honda USA has not ordered them either, but he will check on that.
I mentioned the three websites. He replied they would all rely on Honda USA to provide the tires for them to sell.
I called Babbitts and they are on back order. He confirmed they rely on Honda USA to provide them with the tires.
I am not getting that warm and fuzzy feeling that Honda is going to do the right thing here.