Tubeless tires

@Enzo
That is interesting, however it does not provide sufficient answer to the question as of whether your rim can safely support a tire made for a tubeless rim. It's been discussed here in this thread, but no definitive answer as of yet. The website you mention doesn't go into this detail ...

Another minor concern, did you look at the detailed shipping instructions ? The I think you have to consider a solid 3 weeks for the turn around time plus the work needed at home.
 
j3gq_imp said:
tod.branko_imp said:
j3gq_imp said:
Could anyone explain the tire codes to me which Honda uses in the user manual ? Here is what I read
110/80R18 M/C 58V
140/70R18 M/C 67V
The first part 110/80R18 I do understand, what about the rest ?
Thanks
M/C means motorcycle

The number is a weight code can't say from the top of my head what is 58 and what 67, probably somewhere between 250-300kg (edit because I consulted a chart 58=230kg load, 67=307kg load)

V is a speed code 240km/h max

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
M/C means motorcycle

The number is a weight code can't say from the top of my head what is 58 and what 67, probably somewhere between 250-300kg (edit because I consulted a chart 58=230kg load, 67=307kg load)

V is a speed code 240km/h max

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Thanks ! What still puzzles me is when I go to one of the online motorcycle tire shops, they often show M/C, but sometimes other codes such as T/T etc. Is there more to it ?
M/C means motorcycle

The number is a weight code can't say from the top of my head what is 58 and what 67, probably somewhere between 250-300kg (edit because I consulted a chart 58=230kg load, 67=307kg load)

V is a speed code 240km/h max

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Thanks ! What still puzzles me is when I go to one of the online motorcycle tire shops, they often show M/C, but sometimes other codes such as T/T etc. Is there more to it ? TT normally stands for "tube type", while TL will be for (tubeless) but it's not always printed on the tire as an abbreviation, they will commonly just write it in words. There are other codes one would find on a tire, such as RFT which is a run-flat, but those are more common on car/truck tires. On a motorcycle you can probably find M+S, maybe M+T (I've never seen one with that marking tho, even if it's an off-roading tire)

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
j3gq_imp said:
@Enzo
That is interesting, however it does not provide sufficient answer to the question as of whether your rim can safely support a tire made for a tubeless rim. It's been discussed here in this thread, but no definitive answer as of yet. The website you mention doesn't go into this detail ...

Another minor concern, did you look at the detailed shipping instructions ? The I think you have to consider a solid 3 weeks for the turn around time plus the work needed at home.
On page 48 you will find the solutions for the CB1100 EX, just spend:thumbsup:

http://godiamocela.altervista.org/catalogo_Bartubeless.pdf
Houtman_imp said:
Enzofour_imp said:
this is interesting, in January I have it applied.:shy:

https://www.bartfactory.com/products/?lang=en
Will you do this yourself at home or do you have to send of the wheel ?
Will you do this yourself at home or do you have to send of the wheel ?
It is done with a hot machine, you have to have them do it.
I carry the wheels, they are 50 minutes from my house.:rolleyes:
 
This looks like a great solution and I would prefer to do this than self fit the Outex kit. Food for thought.
 
Tev62_imp said:
Enzofour_imp said:
this is interesting, in January I have it applied.:shy:

https://www.bartfactory.com/products/?lang=en
Did you get anywhere with them, I mailed them but no-one responds?
Did you get anywhere with them, I mailed them but no-one responds?
hello, on what date did you ship them?
Did you contact them before shipping?
I should call him in the next few days, if you want I ask for you?

enzofour
 
I didn't ship anything, I just emailed them to see if they were currently working during the pandemic. I didn't want to pull my wheels off until I knew for sure.
 
Tev62_imp said:
I didn't ship anything, I just emailed them to see if they were currently working during the pandemic. I didn't want to pull my wheels off until I knew for sure.
sorry, i understand, they reopen today.
 
Enzofour_imp said:
for the weekend my spoked wheels will be tubeless. :timido:
Excellent! Let us know how you get on. They got back to me recently and I just finished boxing mine up today to ship them out. I shall be fitting Bridgestone T31's when they come back to me. I'm glad I took the tyre off, the valve on the tube was rusty enough, I was quite surprised with such a young bike with low mileage. In its defence it was originally an English bike so rain is the norm as it is in Ireland. :s
 
OK now I'm tubeless;)

276d5ae1b51f7b424fde899ece35986b.jpg


now it is OK



waiting for better weather

 
Back
Top