True Confessions of CB1100 Riders

Ridem32_imp said:
Back in the day my mom would pull up to a real service station and say
Fill er up with Ethel lol
Thats what my folks called it back in the day too. My Dad still calls a Visa Bankamericard and Interstates Turnpikes. Gotta love that old lingo.
 
My parents had the MasterCharge And the gulf credit card. Exon I think was the one that said put a tiger in your tank. And back then cars had the gas cap behind the tag and would hang a tiger tail from it lol
We had the green stamps! My mom would give them to me. Lick them put them in the book and wow I would shop. The real name was S &H green stamps :)
I would ride my honda mini trail 50 to the store and buy gas 23 cents a gallon and buy my dad a pack of visaroy cigs. (Misspell ) for 32cents a pack! We had one lawman in our rural area back then Great ole days. Then the honda 350 fours. & 750 fours took over :)
Viceroy cigs that might be right
My grandson will be 3 in August to him it's normal for everyone in the room just setting around to have a cell phone in your hand. Sad but true! And they do studies to find out why kids are fat!! Heck we played outside from day lite to dark every day in the summer. Very few fat kids back then.
 
Gas with no alcohol! None in my local area. You are so lucky! I go to the airport and buy av gas for my lawn mower.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Shoot, we got all kinds of stuff with green stamps. I loved looking through the catalogs. Remember candy cigerettes? Boy, you could not sell something like that today or the PC police would be all over you. Heck the IRS or EPA or DEA or somebody might even pay you a visit.
 
Ridem32_imp said:
My parents had the MasterCharge And the gulf credit card. Exon I think was the one that said put a tiger in your tank. And back then cars had the gas cap behind the tag and would hang a tiger tail from it lol
We had the green stamps! My mom would give them to me. Lick them put them in the book and wow I would shop. The real name was S &H green stamps :)
I would ride my honda mini trail 50 to the store and buy gas 23 cents a gallon and buy my dad a pack of visaroy cigs. (Misspell ) for 32cents a pack! We had one lawman in our rural area back then Great ole days. Then the honda 350 fours. & 750 fours took over :)
Viceroy cigs that might be right
My grandson will be 3 in August to him it's normal for everyone in the room just setting around to have a cell phone in your hand. Sad but true! And they do studies to find out why kids are fat!! Heck we played outside from day lite to dark every day in the summer. Very few fat kids back then.
I also grew up in the Midwest on a farm. All day long, from dawn to dusk we played and rode horses and then we played with the fireflies until midnight. And you are right, obese kids were rare as were obese grownup people.
 
I confess::: I stole the avitar from a member that bought a set from me. & said it would make a good avitar ! Does that mean I'm smart or underhanded? Lol
 
I grew up in Saudi Arabia. It was too f'ing hot to be fat. When we went barefoot we'd have to scrape tar and gravel from the road off our feet. Or we'd wear goatskin sandles with truck tire soles. My Dad had a still the company gave him to make booze. Recreation consisted of driving off into the desert to Iran, Kuwait, and Syria on camping trips. Our dog stole a few dozen goats on one trip, and Dad had to pay off the local Sheik to keep us out of jail. At the start of the Six Day War a bunch of locals invaded our town and we had to hide in the school gym.

Just another typical American childhood...
 
chrisross_imp said:
mjvielle_imp said:
I sold my piano to buy my bike mods.. :angel::blush:
You were actually able to sell your piano? People can't even give pianos away anymore. Must have been a high end baby grand..
You were actually able to sell your piano? People can't even give pianos away anymore. Must have been a high end baby grand..
Ah, yes, you feel my pain. U r right, the history of the piano is a long and, ultimately, defeated one.. where TV's have replaced them in the parlor. And, yep, it was a grand piano. thks for noticing!
 
mjvielle, it's sad news about the piano. And brave to use it to finance bike mods, particularly if you play.

For what it's worth. The piano may have been deposed at home by the TV, but it will live on. It's too splendid an instrument not to.
 
I confess to being unfaithful to my CB1100 this weekend. I rode the FZ8 and GSX-R. While riding the FZ8 today I seriously contemplated selling the CB1100 as it has mediocre suspension, limited cornering clearance, and isn't really all that versatile or comfortable.

Those thoughts vanished the moment I got back to my garage and looked at it. So maybe I'll do the shocks now.
 
Well being not many buy a bike for track days. We buy bikes to ride every day riding. But I think I can keep up with most sport bikes on any road. Most guys can't ride good enough to get even half out of a sport bike. That's pure facts! My cb runs great and handles great. Again as far as back roads with lots of curves I think my cb would hurt a lot of sport bike riders feelings. About the same is is true with standing 1/4 mile runs. If a good rider on a cb can get a good jump start on a sport bike rider by 3 lengths off the start the sport bike can't get it in the 1/4 mile. I think lots of people think the cb1100 is a tame bike. :) most of it falls back on the rider.
 
HikerToo_imp said:
I'm surprised Red Mist....would never think about using the gas pumps auto shut off on my motorcycle.....I watch it flow in the entire time.
More on this; I generally like to watch my flow, too, but the older I get the slower the flow...

But seriously, many bikes have tanks where we just can't see the fuel flowing in, my FZ8 and BMW being examples. The FZ8 has a baffle just inside the fuel cap and the hole is just barely large enough to fit the nozzle. There are surrounding vent holes and you either wait for auto-shutoff or until the fuel starts coming up to the level of the vent holes in the baffle.

The BMW is filled up just like a car, pop in the nozzle and squeeze until it clicks off, so you can't see a thing.

The Suzuki GSX-R is easy to see inside as it has no baffle and large fuel filler opening.

So it varies from bike to bike. That CARB nozzle requires a firm grip (no jokes intended) and a good bit of pressure on the spring-loaded vapor recovery seal to fool it into thinking it's been inserted to the point of a good seal. (No pun intended there, either).

Filling a large tank can be a good workout depending on the type and brand of vapor recovery system.

Why does that sound weird?
 
Red Mist I agree! Some pumps just don't work good on bikes at all. I try to avoid those pumps. You have to pump so slow or it will click off. Grrrr! The gsxr I had was like yours big open tank. I have had all the major jap 1000 sport bikes. But they just don't do anything for me any longer. I guess I'm to old lol. But I love the cb. Best bike on the road. :)
 
Back
Top