Trip Machine red leather grip wraps

treedoc_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I got some...

e7565c91f60cf728d2d874234b687b8d.jpg


39ded6c290cbb0060acd8753f3c901e2.jpg


I like em!
 
They're flash. What are they like when they're seriously wet?
 
Charlie Bravo - The rain question is legit. I have been thinking about using handlebar tape, but if it gets really slick in the rain, I'll leave this mod for Gone In 60. ;)
 
Grip Puppies here: Quality seems to not change under profuse rain, freezing, daily beat down from all day sunshine UV, ... for a couple of years now.

In addition, Grip Puppies tames those higher resonance vibes when pushing the ol' CB1100 through its paces.
 
I use foam grip pappies by Misano, 2nd set and still have one spare.
Very happy with it.
NaRS :)
 
Thread starter
I had grip puppies, I forgot to put them on when I fitted the mirrors.

And I lock-tighted everything on and couldnt be stuffed taking them off again, which led me to the leather grips.

I liked the grip puppies as the fitted grips were a bit skinny for my liking, the leather wraps arent as thick as the grip puppies, a nice in-between.

Im heading off for a ride with a couple of mates in a minute, just changed the oil and gave it a wash, so I will see how the leather grips feel.
 
Yes, I have had grip puppies and grip buddies. I'd like to know about using a grip wrap like in the OP and how that stands up to wet weather.
 
Stands up on sweaty tennis rackets doesn't it? or is this different stuff?
 
Thread starter
Back from a few hundred kms, would I recommend them?

Short answer, no.

They are a good diameter for me, but they are quite slick, meaning I had to grip harder with my hands (particularly throttle hand).

I have had some issues with my right hand over the years, and by the end of the ride I had more pain/fatigue in my hand than normal.

Certainly not as comfortable as grip puppies, or even the oxford grips on my bike.

I imagine they would be very slick in the wet.

Im going to try some grip spray on my gloves and/or the grips and see how that goes.

I cant say they decreased any vibes.

They look good though!
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
EmptySea_imp said:
I wear gloves so sweaty palms aren’t an issue.
My summer salty hands destroy leather gloves. :dodgy:
My summer salty hands destroy leather gloves. :dodgy:
My summer gloves are some kind of synthetic mesh with added material over the knuckles and some kind of syn material padding on the palms. They're actually work gloves and not real expensive.
 
Back
Top