Lord Popgun
Road warrior
feral, look at the last pic again and you can see the left lower mount on the fork and the shield.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Nice picture of your bike and informmation, looks like the Grand Tetons?Frulk_imp said:What kind of touring are you speaking of? Every night in a hotel or camping off the road? That would make a difference. Max "touring" I've done is 1200-1400 miles in a 3-4 day extended weekend. I camp off the bike so I haul all my gear with me. I have some very high end backpacking equipment (light/small) and without a rack I was pretty squeezed for space even for my gear. I purchased the Honda rack and along with my soft panniers and larger tank bag have all the space I need now. I run with a Dart Fly screen and it does what I need it to do. keeps the bugs off the gauge cluster, slightly reduces chest pressure and keeps my helmet in a clean wind stream. As you can see in the pic there's still a lot of space behind the cafe seat seating area to put a monstrous duffel etc. Tank bag is my large one but even it can be expanded to add another 1/3rd capacity from what you see in the picture. So, at a BARE minimum I would say you need to buy a rack of some type and a set a panniers. The CB performs admirably in my opinion in the role of a 'nakit' sport-tourer
![]()
I don't know if anyone here remembers a TV show called Then Came Bronson, but that road north out of Jackson is the Long Lonesome Highway that is shown in the closing credits of each episode.Roper_imp said:I grew up on the Idaho side of the Tetons. That photo was taken from the Wyoming side. I'm guessing not too far north of Jackson Hole along US 89. Schwabacher Landing or Snake River Overlook, maybe?
Answering your older post! about to tour Sth Island NZ on my CB, luggage will be 52L topbox and 20L dry bag on passenger seat (not camping). Did you have to add a notch on rear springs to compensate for the load? Im currently set on 3 with std (3 notches) on front (prefer this set up as it falls better into corners as typical on our roads). I assume also you mount your bike off the footpeg? Another question you might be able to answer, mine is a 2018 with 17L fuel tank, I have yet to push the range but ride yesterday of 325kms it returned 23kms / litre so thats saying 391km , dont really trust this but im guessing 300 might be realistic maybe?Cormanus_imp said:There's my CB loaded for touring. I have a top box; the rest of my gear (including camping gear) goes in bags in front of it. I have no panniers or tank bag; nor do I have a windshield of any sort. I covered 7,500 kms on the trip on which this photo was taken. I'm about to do something similar so it works OK for me.
![]()
Answering your older post! about to tour Sth Island NZ on my CB, luggage will be 52L topbox and 20L dry bag on passenger seat (not camping). Did you have to add a notch on rear springs to compensate for the load? Im currently set on 3 with std (3 notches) on front (prefer this set up as it falls better into corners as typical on our roads). I assume also you mount your bike off the footpeg? Another question you might be able to answer, mine is a 2018 with 17L fuel tank, I have yet to push the range but ride yesterday of 325kms it returned 23kms / litre so thats saying 391km , dont really trust this but im guessing 300 might be realistic maybe?Rogerdj_imp said:Answering your older post! about to tour Sth Island NZ on my CB, luggage will be 52L topbox and 20L dry bag on passenger seat (not camping). Did you have to add a notch on rear springs to compensate for the load? Im currently set on 3 with std (3 notches) on front (prefer this set up as it falls better into corners as typical on our roads). I assume also you mount your bike off the footpeg? Another question you might be able to answer, mine is a 2018 with 17L fuel tank, I have yet to push the range but ride yesterday of 325kms it returned 23kms / litre so thats saying 391km , dont really trust this but im guessing 300 might be realistic maybe?Cormanus_imp said:There's my CB loaded for touring. I have a top box; the rest of my gear (including camping gear) goes in bags in front of it. I have no panniers or tank bag; nor do I have a windshield of any sort. I covered 7,500 kms on the trip on which this photo was taken. I'm about to do something similar so it works OK for me.
![]()
thanks
There are companies that make pannier frames to keep soft luggage supported away from the bike, mine are from https://www.fehling.de/index.php?content=start&lang=eng but were on the bike when I purchased it. These would allow you to use any of the low cost throw over panniers from a multitude of suppliers. There must be a similar supplier in NA.1973cb750_imp said:I have been reading on the forum about seats, is the deluxe seat that much more soft ? and then is their a company that makes easily removable soft luggage?
Answering your older post! about to tour Sth Island NZ on my CB, luggage will be 52L topbox and 20L dry bag on passenger seat (not camping). Did you have to add a notch on rear springs to compensate for the load? Im currently set on 3 with std (3 notches) on front (prefer this set up as it falls better into corners as typical on our roads). I assume also you mount your bike off the footpeg? Another question you might be able to answer, mine is a 2018 with 17L fuel tank, I have yet to push the range but ride yesterday of 325kms it returned 23kms / litre so thats saying 391km , dont really trust this but im guessing 300 might be realistic maybe?Rogerdj_imp said:Answering your older post! about to tour Sth Island NZ on my CB, luggage will be 52L topbox and 20L dry bag on passenger seat (not camping). Did you have to add a notch on rear springs to compensate for the load? Im currently set on 3 with std (3 notches) on front (prefer this set up as it falls better into corners as typical on our roads). I assume also you mount your bike off the footpeg? Another question you might be able to answer, mine is a 2018 with 17L fuel tank, I have yet to push the range but ride yesterday of 325kms it returned 23kms / litre so thats saying 391km , dont really trust this but im guessing 300 might be realistic maybe?Cormanus_imp said:There's my CB loaded for touring. I have a top box; the rest of my gear (including camping gear) goes in bags in front of it. I have no panniers or tank bag; nor do I have a windshield of any sort. I covered 7,500 kms on the trip on which this photo was taken. I'm about to do something similar so it works OK for me.
![]()
thanks
Tev62_imp said:There are companies that make pannier frames to keep soft luggage supported away from the bike, mine are from https://www.fehling.de/index.php?content=start&lang=eng but were on the bike when I purchased it. These would allow you to use any of the low cost throw over panniers from a multitude of suppliers. There must be a similar supplier in NA.1973cb750_imp said:I have been reading on the forum about seats, is the deluxe seat that much more soft ? and then is their a company that makes easily removable soft luggage?
Use the search feature on the forum and no doubt you will pick up plenty of luggage threads. A common requirement seems to be the relocation of the rear indicators as they can get in the way of panniers.