In January, I traveled 10 days on my bike going through 4 states.
Only accessory added was this windshield. What a life saver, considering how cold the mornings and evenings got while riding on the interstate. hands and upper legs remained quite warm. Stayed in Motel/house every night.
I only used a duffel bag to carry all my belongings, and strapped it down on the back seat. It started out rather empty, w/ minimal items like motel clothes, toiletries, wool liner, winter jacket, rain gear, spare riding gloves, walking shoes, Laptop, 12v air pump, tire plugs, fuses, voltmeter, lithium battery pack, hand tools. I wore my walking clothes underneath my riding suit.
....but along the way my duffel bag increased in size, ultimately, looking like this enroute back to home.
Contents added:
extra walking clothes, headwear, mittens,
souvenirs & gifts & booze bought along the way.
Having experienced how practical traveling minimalistically can be, I'm
sold on just using a single duffel bag here on out, & sleeping in a motel simplifies this option.
What I'd do differently next time is to ship items I don't need/want to haul back home.