I'm a fan of Klim gear. But they don't have any motorcycle boots that I like. So I started searching. Here are my criteria:
- Ankle armor. 3DO if possible.
- Toe protection.
- Shin protection. If you've ever been hit by gravel at speed...
- Waterproof.
- Leather construction.
- Vibram sole, if possible.
- Shift patch.
I found several boots over $300 which checked most of the boxes. Then I found Falco Tourance boots. I ordered them from Motostorm in Italy. They were significantly less expensive than most similar boots. They took about two weeks to ship to the U.S. Motostorm.
I've ridden with them for about 400 miles, so far. I like everything about them. They're still a bit stiff, but they're breaking in. They're also a bit warm, but not uncomfortably so. They have a thicker sole than my previous boots, so I had to raise the shift lever. They have the same armor as my Klim gear. Hopefully, I'll never have to test that. Overall, I'm really pleased. I still have to see how they do in cold weather. I'm sure they'll be fine. I got a size big enough to accommodate thick socks.
- Ankle armor. 3DO if possible.
- Toe protection.
- Shin protection. If you've ever been hit by gravel at speed...
- Waterproof.
- Leather construction.
- Vibram sole, if possible.
- Shift patch.
I found several boots over $300 which checked most of the boxes. Then I found Falco Tourance boots. I ordered them from Motostorm in Italy. They were significantly less expensive than most similar boots. They took about two weeks to ship to the U.S. Motostorm.
I've ridden with them for about 400 miles, so far. I like everything about them. They're still a bit stiff, but they're breaking in. They're also a bit warm, but not uncomfortably so. They have a thicker sole than my previous boots, so I had to raise the shift lever. They have the same armor as my Klim gear. Hopefully, I'll never have to test that. Overall, I'm really pleased. I still have to see how they do in cold weather. I'm sure they'll be fine. I got a size big enough to accommodate thick socks.