Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
what he saidCIP57_imp said:Limiter

That's exactly right, what WAS Honda thinking. They're advertising campaign for this is 'a day of freedom', but with a limiter on your bike....again.....a LIMITER.....on your BIKE, you're no longer really free to do what you will, are you.Buffalohead_imp said:I agree. I hate it when the car or bike ahead of me is only going 110mph and I want to pass. I need more than 112mph to get around them. What was Honda thinking?![]()
Concur...HikerToo_imp said:Actually, I think it was in place for Japan, so it was cheaper and easier to leave it on the US bike than take off.
With you on This.Buffalohead_imp said:I agree. I hate it when the car or bike ahead of me is only going 110mph and I want to pass. I need more than 112mph to get around them. What was Honda thinking?![]()
Cycle World:ronss_imp said:is it true this bike only does 112 mph?????
what is the quarter mile speed this bike does in the quarter...
i had a honda magna, 2003, and i know that would go above 112....
With you on This.lola_imp said:With you on This.Buffalohead_imp said:I agree. I hate it when the car or bike ahead of me is only going 110mph and I want to pass. I need more than 112mph to get around them. What was Honda thinking?![]()
I've hit the limiter a few times and the motor shows no signs of slowing down except when it hits the damn limiter.
We as humans are not content plain and simple, for me I want to go fast on something that doesn't look fast.:biker:
I strongly suspect that it bounced off the limiter near the end of the 1/4 mile run.cbdtran_imp said:Cycle World:ronss_imp said:is it true this bike only does 112 mph?????
what is the quarter mile speed this bike does in the quarter...
i had a honda magna, 2003, and i know that would go above 112....
quarter mile: 11.8 sec / 110 MPH
top speed: 110 MPH
this is the territory of superbike 10 yrs ago
All vehicles sold in the Japanese domestic market (cars, trucks, motorcycles) are restricted to a max speed of 180 kph (roughly 112 mph). I don't think Honda envisioned large enough international sales volumes to prompt them to remove the limiter function. I'm also guessing that the target market for this bike (mostly old geezers) had something to do with the decision.SanPete_imp said:What would be the severity impact difference between a crash going 110 mph as opposed to 135 mph? There are too many variables to consider, making it difficult to conclude that the lower speed will be any safer than the higher speed. In either case the results would be catastrophic. In my experience 110 mph has proven to be too fast. Therefore 135 mph is out of the question, at least for me. In this regard I find no use for the speed limiter. Unless, it is to prevent the engine from blowing a gasket. Don't take me serious on this one, but I am interested to know what prompt Honda to include the limiter.
ronss_imp said:who would have thought a japan law would affect us...i still believe honda made a mistake by leaving the limiter in place...cannot be that hard to leave it off..
the CB is for Japan market in mind, Honda gingerly export this bike to USA to test the water. Japan (and European) road and highway are much smaller than in USA, and Japanese hands are not as hot.Flynrider_imp said:All vehicles sold in the Japanese domestic market (cars, trucks, motorcycles) are restricted to a max speed of 180 kph (roughly 112 mph). I don't think Honda envisioned large enough international sales volumes to prompt them to remove the limiter function. I'm also guessing that the target market for this bike (mostly old geezers) had something to do with the decision.SanPete_imp said:What would be the severity impact difference between a crash going 110 mph as opposed to 135 mph? There are too many variables to consider, making it difficult to conclude that the lower speed will be any safer than the higher speed. In either case the results would be catastrophic. In my experience 110 mph has proven to be too fast. Therefore 135 mph is out of the question, at least for me. In this regard I find no use for the speed limiter. Unless, it is to prevent the engine from blowing a gasket. Don't take me serious on this one, but I am interested to know what prompt Honda to include the limiter.
Conversely, most sportbikes would be unsellable with the same limitation, so they manufacturers make international versions. Interestingly enough, that doesn't mean they have no limit, though. High end sportbikes like the 'busa, Fireblade and ZX-14 are limited to 186 mph (300 kph) by an unwritten agreement between the major manufacturers.
the CB is for Japan market in mind, Honda gingerly export this bike to USA to test the water. Japan (and European) road and highway are much smaller than in USA, and Japanese hands are not as hot.cbdtran_imp said:the CB is for Japan market in mind, Honda gingerly export this bike to USA to test the water. Japan (and European) road and highway are much smaller than in USA, and Japanese hands are not as hot.Flynrider_imp said:All vehicles sold in the Japanese domestic market (cars, trucks, motorcycles) are restricted to a max speed of 180 kph (roughly 112 mph). I don't think Honda envisioned large enough international sales volumes to prompt them to remove the limiter function. I'm also guessing that the target market for this bike (mostly old geezers) had something to do with the decision.SanPete_imp said:What would be the severity impact difference between a crash going 110 mph as opposed to 135 mph? There are too many variables to consider, making it difficult to conclude that the lower speed will be any safer than the higher speed. In either case the results would be catastrophic. In my experience 110 mph has proven to be too fast. Therefore 135 mph is out of the question, at least for me. In this regard I find no use for the speed limiter. Unless, it is to prevent the engine from blowing a gasket. Don't take me serious on this one, but I am interested to know what prompt Honda to include the limiter.
Conversely, most sportbikes would be unsellable with the same limitation, so they manufacturers make international versions. Interestingly enough, that doesn't mean they have no limit, though. High end sportbikes like the 'busa, Fireblade and ZX-14 are limited to 186 mph (300 kph) by an unwritten agreement between the major manufacturers.
I agree that that they should not include the limiter. The Harley Davidson Breakout with 65 HP has top speed of 155 MPH (Bike Mag) The CB1100 w/o limiter will hit 150 MPH
I am a slow rider, but don't want any restriction on my bike. On the hiway, I have hard time keep up with big bike for a long run on certain day, not because of the engine, but the wind at higher speed can be deafening