Took a 65 Mile ride today

Florida Man_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Down to Dauphin Island and back. That's the longest I've gone since I got the bike last month. The bike ran great all the way but I was a bit uneasy about the 10 year old tires that are still on it. My new ones should be coming in this week and I will feel more comfortable about riding farther from home.
 
As long as they don't have visible dry rot cracks they are probably ok to ride on, but better safe than sorry and keep the rides short until you get fresh rubber
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
As long as they don't have visible dry rot cracks they are probably ok to ride on, but better safe than sorry and keep the rides short until you get fresh rubber
No signs of dry rot at all. But they are showing what I think is a lot of wear for only 4,985 miles, 422 of which are mine. And the date code says they were manufactured in Japan in the 51st week of 2013. Before I have the new ones put on I'll take one more ride on them to get the miles to 5,000 just on general principles.

 
The BT54s don't seem to last very long for what it's worth, particularly if reports here are to be believed.
 
Thread starter
Just got the bike back from the Honda shop. The new tires made a big difference. The bike rides a lot smoother now.
 
Back
Top