Todays Ride Beautiful Sunday UK

Great pics Mick. Interesting pic of the phone box. We call them phone booths on this side of the pond and I have not seen one in years anywhere.
 
Hey oldF7guy ..remember when you were young and your mom made sure you had a dime on you in case you weren't going to be able to make it home on time so you could stop and use the phone booth to call her and let her know you were going to be late so she didn't worry? Last pay phone I remember using was about 20 years ago. I believe it was 35 cents then.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Hey oldF7guy ..remember when you were young and your mom made sure you had a dime on you in case you weren't going to be able to make it home on time so you could stop and use the phone booth to call her and let her know you were going to be late so she didn't worry? Last pay phone I remember using was about 20 years ago. I believe it was 35 cents then.
Lol, I do remember those days. I remember when it was a big deal if a man was packing a pager. Then it was the giant bag car phones. Who could have ever imagined the internet back then? Last phone booth I used I think cost me 50 cents. I didnt know any existed anywhere anymore.
 
Great pictures, Mick. I'll have to come back to the UK. It's such a lovely country.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Hey oldF7guy ..remember when you were young and your mom made sure you had a dime on you in case you weren't going to be able to make it home on time so you could stop and use the phone booth to call her and let her know you were going to be late so she didn't worry? Last pay phone I remember using was about 20 years ago. I believe it was 35 cents then.
I remember putting 50 cents in a pay phone, but I don't remember how long ago it was.

My mom didn't give us phone money, she got by with the threat of a backhand across the jaw, if you were late, and she could knock you down, that was of course, OK in those days. :)

It worked, because we were very seldom late, and probably worried more than she did about it. :D
 
Back
Top