Tires

Matt F._imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Has anyone bought tires recently? My '14 still has the original battlax as I have not ridden much at all for last few years. What suggestions do ya'll have ?
 
Ask 10 folks, you might get 10 responses.

I put Bridgestone Battlax T32's in stock sizes. Great tire, great reviews and cheaper than most other tires out there.

I run those same tires (though GT version) on my FJR and really like them.
 
Matt F._imp said:
Has anyone bought tires recently? My '14 still has the original battlax as I have not ridden much at all for last few years. What suggestions do ya'll have ?
If you aren't planning on riding any more than you have been, I would look for the cheapest tire you can unless you are planning on selling it soon. Doesn't sound like you ride it enough to worry about performance.
 
I’m a fan of the Pirelli Angle GT
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I’m a fan of the Pirelli Angle GT
Yes. I’m told the Angle GTs are particularly good at bends. Notwithstanding, I prefer the Angel GT which has a sort of supernatural quality. :P
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I’m a fan of the Pirelli Angle GT
Yes. I’m told the Angle GTs are particularly good at bends. Notwithstanding, I prefer the Angel GT which has a sort of supernatural quality. :P
Yes. I’m told the Angle GTs are particularly good at bends. Notwithstanding, I prefer the Angel GT which has a sort of supernatural quality. :P
:blush: Yeah, the Angle GTs are kinda rare and hard to find. The Angel GTs however are great! I even have a spare set ready to go when mine need changing!
 
Rare?, hmm… no problem with finding and installing a front one on my DLX last year.
Are you telling us that these will be gone soon??
I may need a set for my std a year from now :(
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Rare?, hmm… no problem with finding and installing a front one on my DLX last year.
Are you telling us that these will be gone soon??
I may need a set for my std a year from now :(
PB, Cormanus was making a joke because I misspelled Angel as angle.

So, Angle GTs may be impossible to find, Angel GTs, not so much.
 
Oh, I see, must missed that, I am in Europe now .. so angel, angle or angler, all these three lead to motorcycle tires :D
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Rare?, hmm… no problem with finding and installing a front one on my DLX last year.
Are you telling us that these will be gone soon??
I may need a set for my std a year from now :(
PB, Cormanus was making a joke because I misspelled Angel as angle.

So, Angle GTs may be impossible to find, Angel GTs, not so much.
PB, Cormanus was making a joke because I misspelled Angel as angle.

So, Angle GTs may be impossible to find, Angel GTs, not so much.
:clap:
peterbaron_imp said:
Oh, I see, must missed that, I am in Europe now .. so angel, angle or angler, all these three lead to motorcycle tires :D
Show us pictures of your ride PB!
 
I know it's not the most popular opinion, so let the flaming commence.

I just put on a set of Pirelli Sport Demons. It's what the bike had on when I bought it and they come in the factory size. So far only my rear tire needed replaced (dated at 08) and it was down to the wear bar. They have been a great tire for me so far.

I was considering the Angel GT pretty hard but decided to stick with the factory size.
 
I’m happy with my Sport Demons.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Rare?, hmm… no problem with finding and installing a front one on my DLX last year.
Are you telling us that these will be gone soon??
I may need a set for my std a year from now :(
PB, Cormanus was making a joke because I misspelled Angel as angle.

So, Angle GTs may be impossible to find, Angel GTs, not so much.
PB, Cormanus was making a joke because I misspelled Angel as angle.

So, Angle GTs may be impossible to find, Angel GTs, not so much.
:clap:
peterbaron_imp said:
Oh, I see, must missed that, I am in Europe now .. so angel, angle or angler, all these three lead to motorcycle tires :D
Show us pictures of your ride PB!

GO, the original plan moto&family in Europe has suddenly been changed to family only.
No moto, no riding gear with me and a very slim chance to rent any.
Had no choice but put the family matters first.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Rare?, hmm… no problem with finding and installing a front one on my DLX last year.
Are you telling us that these will be gone soon??
I may need a set for my std a year from now :(
PB, Cormanus was making a joke because I misspelled Angel as angle.

So, Angle GTs may be impossible to find, Angel GTs, not so much.
PB, Cormanus was making a joke because I misspelled Angel as angle.

So, Angle GTs may be impossible to find, Angel GTs, not so much.
:clap:
peterbaron_imp said:
Oh, I see, must missed that, I am in Europe now .. so angel, angle or angler, all these three lead to motorcycle tires :D
Show us pictures of your ride PB!

GO, the original plan moto&family in Europe has suddenly been changed to family only.
No moto, no riding gear with me and a very slim chance to rent any.
Had no choice but put the family matters first.

Dang. That must feel constraining. Well, at least one less thing to stress over.

Share images of any good looking machines your eyes find - maybe even some rare ones not available in North America?
 
Back
Top