Tire Question

In my post, I was referring to using PR4 and GT's on my ST. The biggest difference in the 3' 4, and GT's is mostly 'off the shelf' availability. As said above, only the PR3's fit the CB.
Jim
 
tuareg_imp said:
gbpack89_imp said:
I know I'm going to be the odd man out with tires on here but I went with Avon Trailriders front and back. Much more meaty tires. I was surprised that the 140/80/18 was a tight fit on the swing arm. There is not alot out there for 18 inch rims

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Now that's an idea! I was planning to get something a bit knobbier for the next tire replacement, like a 90/10 tire and was even considering Heidenau K60 Scouts but apparently their 140/80-18 is even wider(6.14") than Avons(5.7"). Thanks for bringing up the subject:thumbsup:

I'd be very much interested to know your ride results. :thanks:
Now that's an idea! I was planning to get something a bit knobbier for the next tire replacement, like a 90/10 tire and was even considering Heidenau K60 Scouts but apparently their 140/80-18 is even wider(6.14") than Avons(5.7"). Thanks for bringing up the subject
f0a88a7f9650852164c3ce60ecd97822.png


I'd be very much interested to know your ride results. :thanks: Tuareg,
I like the look alot better of the bigger rubber. They make a bit of noise and ride a bit rougher then the smooth rubber. I haven't been to aggressive in the corners yet with them but grip feels on par with factory rubber
d20b48bdf48c82a3b083ec15f64c36be.jpg
790356b2c32162fbdb63a62549019613.jpg
825638472a14bcbb019bab53b57ce637.jpg


Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
gbpack89_imp said:
tuareg_imp said:
gbpack89_imp said:
I know I'm going to be the odd man out with tires on here but I went with Avon Trailriders front and back. Much more meaty tires. I was surprised that the 140/80/18 was a tight fit on the swing arm. There is not alot out there for 18 inch rims

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Now that's an idea! I was planning to get something a bit knobbier for the next tire replacement, like a 90/10 tire and was even considering Heidenau K60 Scouts but apparently their 140/80-18 is even wider(6.14") than Avons(5.7"). Thanks for bringing up the subject:thumbsup:

I'd be very much interested to know your ride results. :thanks:
Now that's an idea! I was planning to get something a bit knobbier for the next tire replacement, like a 90/10 tire and was even considering Heidenau K60 Scouts but apparently their 140/80-18 is even wider(6.14") than Avons(5.7"). Thanks for bringing up the subject
f0a88a7f9650852164c3ce60ecd97822.png


I'd be very much interested to know your ride results. :thanks: Tuareg,
I like the look alot better of the bigger rubber. They make a bit of noise and ride a bit rougher then the smooth rubber. I haven't been to aggressive in the corners yet with them but grip feels on par with factory rubber
d20b48bdf48c82a3b083ec15f64c36be.jpg
790356b2c32162fbdb63a62549019613.jpg
825638472a14bcbb019bab53b57ce637.jpg


Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Now that's an idea! I was planning to get something a bit knobbier for the next tire replacement, like a 90/10 tire and was even considering Heidenau K60 Scouts but apparently their 140/80-18 is even wider(6.14") than Avons(5.7"). Thanks for bringing up the subject
0b0d455c80e2c8a4b10e9447d60d0a9d.png


I'd be very much interested to know your ride results. :thanks: Tuareg,
I like the look alot better of the bigger rubber. They make a bit of noise and ride a bit rougher then the smooth rubber. I haven't been to aggressive in the corners yet with them but grip feels on par with factory rubber
53f7eb5c3c72adb62fbbdd54b44e74a2.jpg
3ebbda71eb6117b6426988d2f77d74f9.jpg
6ea9adec80c8417032ce3995b897f223.jpg


Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Well they definitely complement the CB's looks. :thumbsup:
I was primarily concerned with the cornering performance. Seems like I can go for those at the end of this summer...:)
 
Houtman_imp said:
On my 2013 I have a Continental Trail Attack 2 ( 150 /70) and they have great grip on the road.
Yes I've read quite a few positive reviews on it. What about the front?
 
I only have that tire on the rear and a Michelin Pilot 3 on the front.
I am not afraid to mix up different brands on front and rear , get the best available for YOU.
 
I'm thinking of getting the PR4 GT for the front. My original rear tire still has some way to go. Though I'm wondering whether I should switch to the PR3 for the rear - worried that that they may disappear again.

I went to the Honda dealer here for quotes - they told me I'll have to sign a waiver for fitting the oversize tires.:@
Question to those who have switched to 120 & 160 - the original wheels should be able to handle these sizes, right? Do the 120 and 160 need wider wheels?:huh:
 
satchit, first, as far as I know you won't get a PR4 of any colour to fit the 18" wheels of the CB1100. Secondly, I'm pretty sure others have reported the request by dealers for waivers. Thirdly, the 160 fits on the OEM rear wheel without any problems. I've not tried the 120 on the front but haven't heard anyone who has fitted one saying they needed a new rim.
 
Back
Top