Till What Age Do We Ride ?

eyesight, body strength, and insensitivity to cold (all to a degree) is what keeps a blade on a blade. Yet, the plan to just keep aging and riding, less mileage every year ... adds loss of experience and balance to the list of killjoys.

BUT hey,
J3 agrees with 4P, just not a car guy !
 
gman_imp said:
As I turned 64 in April I hope to have many years left to ride. When the two wheels get to be too much for me, I will build one of these:

This fills me with hope for when I get old.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
shahyaan_imp said:
gman_imp said:
As I turned 64 in April I hope to have many years left to ride. When the two wheels get to be too much for me, I will build one of these:

This fills me with hope for when I get old.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This fills me with hope for when I get old.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quite mystical shahyaan. What is it?
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
shahyaan_imp said:
gman_imp said:
As I turned 64 in April I hope to have many years left to ride. When the two wheels get to be too much for me, I will build one of these:

This fills me with hope for when I get old.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This fills me with hope for when I get old.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quite mystical shahyaan. What is it?

This fills me with hope for when I get old.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quite mystical shahyaan. What is it?

The scoot with what looks to be a CB engine above in this post.

Even though it says Kawasaki looks like a Honda engine. Could be wrong.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
peterbaron_imp said:
SportsterDoc_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Doc why is the Stryker ok for you to ride and not a regular motorcycle. It was a vision problem you had wasn't it? Not a strength or stability problem, right?
Nope, but I promised my wife of 49 years no more motorcycles.

https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/us/e...tBh20OgFLEAAYASAAEgJEr_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I can still clap between pushups.
Heh, heh, Ryker is like a motorcycle with a spare wheel.....let this statement stay between us...:)

P.S. when wy wife starts complaining, I'll do the same :banana:
:beerchug:
Heh, heh, Ryker is like a motorcycle with a spare wheel.....let this statement stay between us...:)

P.S. when wy wife starts complaining, I'll do the same :banana:
:beerchug:
Actually, it is a triple track and much more difficult to avoid pot holes, etc!
 
Sorry it took me so long to find this thread. My next birthday I will be 81, and as you know, I just bought my first CB1100. Longevity is a matter of choosing your ancestors carefully, staying healthy and in excellent condition. and luck. A few weeks ago my ankles started getting painful and stiff and have slowed me down to a 1 1/2 mile walk each morning from my previous three mile run. Each of us is different and we have to adapt to our own bodies. I have been very lucky. I quit smoking when I was 35 and started running. I drink booze only very moderately and my wife force-feeds me horrible things like kale, but I think it helps. Bottom line is ride as long as you enjoy it. When it is not enjoyable, find something that is. Live long and prosper.
 
I turned 73 my last birthday and have had more than my share of health problems; triple by-pass in 2018, knee replacement, rotator cuff both shoulders, gall bladder surgery, nearly a dozen bouts with kidney stones and a ruptured colon that put me down for three months in 1989. Had a problem dealing with my weight most of my life but started a high fat, mostly carnivore diet two years ago and shed 40 lbs and feel years younger. I try to walk at least a couple of miles each day. I plan to keep riding as long as I'm able, well into my 80's God willing.
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
Sorry it took me so long to find this thread. My next birthday I will be 81, and as you know, I just bought my first CB1100. Longevity is a matter of choosing your ancestors carefully, staying healthy and in excellent condition. and luck. A few weeks ago my ankles started getting painful and stiff and have slowed me down to a 1 1/2 mile walk each morning from my previous three mile run. Each of us is different and we have to adapt to our own bodies. I have been very lucky. I quit smoking when I was 35 and started running. I drink booze only very moderately and my wife force-feeds me horrible things like kale, but I think it helps. Bottom line is ride as long as you enjoy it. When it is not enjoyable, find something that is. Live long and prosper.
I was 70 when I bought mine.
Wish I had not been compelled to sell...but VERY glad my eye recovered (at least 90%)
75 next February.
2022 Triumph Street Twin at 476 pounds wet is 80 pounds lighter than my CB (I can identify with Redbirds decison), but only 64.1 HP @ 7500 RPMs, yet 59 ft lbs at only 3800 RPMs.

Can't complain about average MPG over 60 and so happy to be able to resume riding.

Heading up North Shore along Lake Mead this morning. Odometer should turn over 5,000 miles.

Speed Twin 900
 
I was 70 when I bought mine.
Wish I had not been compelled to sell...but VERY glad my eye recovered (at least 90%)
75 next February.
Can't complain about average MPG over 60 and so happy to be able to resume riding.
Heading up North Shore along Lake Mead this morning. Odometer should turn over 5,000 miles.

Speed Twin 900
[/QUOTE]
__________________________________________________________________

I am glad to learn you got better - I read your post where you thought you'd have to quit riding. We moved from Vegas three years ago after ten years there. Loved living there, riding out to Red Rock and Valley of Fire. Was in the Southern Nevada Model T Club for ten years. Great bunch of folks. Sorry I missed you.
 
Not a fan of Las Vegas, but son, daughter-in-law and 6 of our 14 grandkids live here.
There are rides in several directions from here: Mount Charleston, Cold Creek, Lake Mead, Death Valley, Extraterrestrial Highway, SW Utah (Zion, Bryce), Northern Arizona (North and South rims of Grand Canyon)
Next week I plan to ride to visit youngest daughter, son-in-law and 3 grandkids in Central Arizona, only 300 miles away. Ride planned to include 89A over Mingus from Prescott, through Jerome, to Clarkdale, Montezuma's Well, Oak Creek Canyon and visit friends in Williams.

Glad to make your acquaintance.
 
SportsterDoc_imp said:
Not a fan of Las Vegas, but son, daughter-in-law and 6 of our 14 grandkids live here.
There are rides in several directions from here: Mount Charleston, Cold Creek, Lake Mead, Death Valley, Extraterrestrial Highway, SW Utah (Zion, Bryce), Northern Arizona (North and South rims of Grand Canyon)
Next week I plan to ride to visit youngest daughter, son-in-law and 3 grandkids in Central Arizona, only 300 miles away. Ride planned to include 89A over Mingus from Prescott, through Jerome, to Clarkdale, Montezuma's Well, Oak Creek Canyon and visit friends in Williams.

Glad to make your acquaintance.
I would think that would be some fine riding. Snap some AZ photos of that beautiful blue you have.
 
SportsterDoc_imp said:
Not a fan of Las Vegas, but son, daughter-in-law and 6 of our 14 grandkids live here.
There are rides in several directions from here: Mount Charleston, Cold Creek, Lake Mead, Death Valley, Extraterrestrial Highway, SW Utah (Zion, Bryce), Northern Arizona (North and South rims of Grand Canyon)
Next week I plan to ride to visit youngest daughter, son-in-law and 3 grandkids in Central Arizona, only 300 miles away. Ride planned to include 89A over Mingus from Prescott, through Jerome, to Clarkdale, Montezuma's Well, Oak Creek Canyon and visit friends in Williams.

Glad to make your acquaintance.
Nice to meet you as well.
That will be a great trip once you are past Kingman. Enjoy.
 
Sometimes I go through Dolan Springs then South on Stockton Hill Road to Kingman. However, if after recent rain, there are a lot of dips which can contain mud. Also, debris from gravel haulers can be an issue.

From 2001, until this last March, we went to our ranch in Yavapai county about 10 times a year. Sometimes we went out Route 66 and visited Keepers of the Wild in Valentine, especially if accompanied by grandkids.
 
My riding buddy is 86 now. Had to sell his DR650 because he couldn't lift his leg over it to get on. Bought a 400 Burgman. His version of keeping the feet moving forward.

I'm toying with the idea of getting a Goldwing when I turn 70. Seems reasonable.
 
Back
Top