Stichill_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
One thing I find in common with the Thunderbird and the CB1100: The lump is clean.
That is, no easily visible wires, pipes and other distractions winding around the block.
Interesting observation, GO. Jay Leno always says he “likes motorcycles that you can see through.” Probably expressing a similar preference for minimalism in the engine area.
Rocky_imp said:
Great looking bike
Thanks, Rocky! I’m smitten with it.
Django_imp said:
Congrats! Nice looking motorcycle! Not my cup of tea, but I can feel with you the thrill of this motor.
I guess, everybody must find his own type of ride.
Where do you go to Germany?
In Germany, don’t people say “It’s not my beer” which means the same thing as “It’s not my cup of tea”?
I can understand not really liking it. Before I had ridden it, all I saw was a lot of chrome. After I’d ridden it, I saw a muscular machine with hidden attributes.
I’m visiting my company’s headquarters near Stuttgart. I wonder if the asparagus is in season?
redbirds_imp said:
That's one lovely machine and a splendid ride. Congrats on a great purchase.
Well thanks, redbirds. I’m loving it!
Nah, not really, "not my beer" means "not one of my business" or "doesn't bother me".
"Not my cup of tea" would be "nicht so mein Ding" in German idiom.
Stichill_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
One thing I find in common with the Thunderbird and the CB1100: The lump is clean.
That is, no easily visible wires, pipes and other distractions winding around the block.
Interesting observation, GO. Jay Leno always says he “likes motorcycles that you can see through.” Probably expressing a similar preference for minimalism in the engine area.
Rocky_imp said:
Great looking bike
Thanks, Rocky! I’m smitten with it.
Django_imp said:
Congrats! Nice looking motorcycle! Not my cup of tea, but I can feel with you the thrill of this motor.
I guess, everybody must find his own type of ride.
Where do you go to Germany?
In Germany, don’t people say “It’s not my beer” which means the same thing as “It’s not my cup of tea”?
I can understand not really liking it. Before I had ridden it, all I saw was a lot of chrome. After I’d ridden it, I saw a muscular machine with hidden attributes.
I’m visiting my company’s headquarters near Stuttgart. I wonder if the asparagus is in season?
redbirds_imp said:
That's one lovely machine and a splendid ride. Congrats on a great purchase.
Well thanks, redbirds. I’m loving it!
It's a bit early for asparagus. There is some available already, but that is imported from Greek or so, not the real stuff.
If you would like to have a beer together, send me PM or email.
Sunday, April 14, we'll have a group ride to the Swabian-Franconian-Wood, the area NE of Stuttgart, starting at Kirchheim/Teck.
And enjoy your new love. I imagine it's hard, to have this in the stable already, just for waiting 2 more weeks...