Three new farkles

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
With cold weather approaching I needed some extra wind protection.......well that's my excuse.....so I purchased the taller windscreen for my RCII:

544d602caf1d75c24e12a35de1ed1e4c.jpg


It does a good job of keeping wind off the entire chest area. There's still a breeze but much less air.

I recently painted the inside of the RCII and swapped out the windscreen nuts with acorn nuts. I decided to add a pair of Agrus brake reservoir covers as well.

2522e0913e5bf8ca34fd57217f7dfab4.jpg


And since it's getting cooler, I thought an Etching Factory oil cooler cover would be safe to use without fear of raising engine temps. The install takes 5 minutes: remove the top bolt, lift each side of the cooler off the bottom pegs, and insert the cover.

666c3d0f81270500ddd773f8b21e7871.jpg


My puppy must have sensed I would be wouldn't be using my summer jacket much longer, and she took the liberty of chewing off 2 inches of the bottom of the zipper today. That will be my second Alpinestars jacket in the trash in less than 5 months.

I also tested my new Schuberth C3 modular helmet. It's not super quiet without ear plugs, but I didn't come home with ringing in my ears. I think it will be killer in combination with ear plugs.

Time to shop for a new jacket.
 
Nice looking bike CB. I like all that high speed red. New jacket? May I suggest you also consider a new dog?

Often after a long ride I find that I need to clean bugs and other road crumbs from the oil cooler. Not wanting to damage cooling fins I use a carefully directed high pressure hose assisted by a little brushing. I thought about a cover but am concerned about the effect on cooling. Keep us posted. Anyone here with some experience in this area?

Cheers
Having another look at that cover I don't think that it would keep the cooler protected from bugs, the holes are, understandably, fairly generous.

f6817d526fe8444481f97b3ca71c4170.jpg

Oh, and what happened to the first jacket?

Cheers again.
 
Nice CB4ME. real nice!

I had to pick a bug out of my helmet chin vent with a toothpick yesterday lol..that's a small hole. Wonder what the chances are of that happening?
 
The ferret_imp said:
Nice CB4ME. real nice!

I had to pick a bug out of my helmet chin vent with a toothpick yesterday lol..that's a small hole. Wonder what the chances are of that happening?
Ferret, that's funny. Last year I had some difficulty removing a bad odour from my helmet, a Shark Vision R. Finally I tracked it down to an accumulation of bugs in the chin air inlet. I stripped the helmet, washed the inserts, and then put a high pressure hose into the chin inlet. All fixed.

Cheers
 
Thread starter
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Nice looking bike CB. I like all that high speed red. New jacket? May I suggest you also consider a new dog?

Often after a long ride I find that I need to clean bugs and other road crumbs from the oil cooler. Not wanting to damage cooling fins I use a carefully directed high pressure hose assisted by a little brushing. I thought about a cover but am concerned about the effect on cooling. Keep us posted. Anyone here with some experience in this area?

Cheers
Having another look at that cover I don't think that it would keep the cooler protected from bugs, the holes are, understandably, fairly generous.

f6817d526fe8444481f97b3ca71c4170.jpg

Oh, and what happened to the first jacket?

Cheers again.
In the Florida panhandle, swarms of "love bugs" cover your helmet so badly, you need to stop and clean the shield every hour or so. What kinds of bugs do you encounter down under?

My other jacket was damaged in a low side on my NC700X back in May.

The oil cooler cover is more for form than functionality and will probably take rest during the hot summer months.
 
Thread starter
Frulk_imp said:
did that cooler cover come from Samurider?
Yes. He has it on his webpage.

I get everything that's made in Japan from Takashi including many items not shown on his site.
 
36ac9a53f26c9a6b20215982869f667e.jpg




I've seen many custom Honda CB1100's on the Internet. None match your bike. You've got a great eye. Thanks for posting.


Kevin
 
I agree, very nicely done. Nice exhaust, who makes it, did you change the intake as well? I have looked at new paintable fenders for my 2014 EX.
Nice eye for detail.
 
Thread starter
southwend_imp said:
I agree, very nicely done. Nice exhaust, who makes it, did you change the intake as well? I have looked at new paintable fenders for my 2014 EX.
Nice eye for detail.
The exhaust is an SP Tadao megaphone style power box. I removed the power box and stopped up the pipe feeding it. This resulted in a slightly deeper and louder exhaust note.

Apparently SP Tadao recently upgraded their pipes (after I purchased mine) and made the power box smaller. They have a neat little straight pipe that was out of stock when I got mine.

http://www.sptadao.co.jp/muffler/abigbike/cb1100_short/index.html

The headers are MotoGear titanium (unpolished). They are cat free and require a fuel controller like the Power Commander V.
 
wanted to ask, since you seem to be one of the few that are happy with the high shield, what is your height?

I am 1m83 and am about to test the shield at highway speeds...
 
Thread starter
Riko_imp said:
wanted to ask, since you seem to be one of the few that are happy with the high shield, what is your height?

I am 1m83 and am about to test the shield at highway speeds...
I'm 6'1". The 40mm higher shield pushes more air into the helmet area and makes for a nosier ride above 70mph. The standard shield kept clean air flowing over the helmet at any speed.

I like the look of the tall screen, and the increased noise is not an issue with ear plugs and a quiet helmet. Plus, most of the chest is protected.
 
Okay thats about my length, a little big longer.

You say there is an increased noise, this is not to be confused with actual buffeting is it?
So you have more noise but no buffeting or do you suffer from buffeting as well?

Thx.
 
Back
Top