This is such a good motorcycle.

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
How good?

I know I've said it before, but this Honda CB 1100 is just a pleasure to ride. Thought it on last night's ride, thought it again on tonight's ride. Matter of fact it pops up in my mind on just about every ride. Smooth, comfortable, handles well, brakes well, plus it has stunning looks. I am so glad Honda brought it over and I was able to get my '13 and then my '14 deluxe. Kinda wish now I had kept the 13, and added a '17 to the garage too now.

7 years, nearly 60,000 miles on 2 CB's, and it' still one of the, if not THE finest motorcycle I have ever owned. In a way, at this point in my life, it is all the motorcycle, and the only motorcycle that I really need.

Now, that doesnt mean I'm going to run out and sell the FJR. It's a great motorcycle as well, and one that I enjoy riding a whole lot. It's tall, and top heavy, but good night what a motor, plus it handles well, and brakes well too. I feel fortunate to be able to have each of them in the garage. Due to it's larger size, bigger motor, shaft drive, cruise control, electronic windshield, fairing, liquid cooling, built in hardbags etc it makes a dandy cross country machine, and if I were to head out to say the bad lands of South Dakota tomorrow, it's the bike that I would call on. Not that the CB couldn't do it, but the FJR would be the better tool for that job.

However, if for some reason I could have only one motorcycle in the garage, I do believe the CB would be staying where it is.

It's that good. :thumbsup:
 
It is indeed a fine motorcycle. I actually got to ride for the first time in 2 weeks tonight (new baby and covid scare) and I was thinking the same thing on the short cruise into work. Just a solid all around bike. Not to mention a looker!
 
I’m still in love with mine.
 
Yes, the CB is a very good motorcycle with an superb engine. I enjoy every km with it. Right now on a tour lasting over 5.000km and some more to come. The CB is
a very reliable motorbike. I know it will start and carries me everywhere I want to travel. I don't have to spend a single thought that something could go wrong and wouldn't work. It will work. I also love my two other bikes, like Ferret also loves his Yamaha. I only choosed bikes I like because they are nicely and charmingly shaped and a joy to ride. The Honda is definitely one of these bikes. A pleasure to look at and the same to ride with. One can't say it enough as you did, Ferret.

Wisedrum
 
I had the same thought Mickey. If and when I quit touring and I get down to one bike, the Goldwing will go. The CB is just too much fun and easy to ride.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I get what you mean. It's nice to have a bike that starts when you press the button, goes and doesn't break and stops when you hit the brakes. After eyeballing my bike Honda made this bike to RIDE. Basically an 80s bike with the latest fuel injection and built to have character. Fins protruding more and a slight retarded timing to simply have that "ping" when the bike is hot. I love it.
For a heavy bike to today's standards the bike is surprisingly QUICK!!!
Compared to a nice Euro bike like a Guzzi ( I own 2) I will admit the cb1100 is a little boring. But the CB1100 I know will start and go at any time. In that case this "boring" is AWESOME.
I also own a Valkyrie. Which is great. But it's also a 2 wheeled car and can bre tough in say California traffic or on surface streets. Not the case of the CB. The bike just goes and pulls effortlessly to the point it's deceiving. No vibration.
The CB1100 is a bike you have to "get it" to love it. And I for one like you all "get it."
 
Thread starter
Wow, nice lineup!
 
Thread starter
Rode the CB again this morning. Same thought, about what a great motorcycle it is....plus it's easier on my gout foot. :thumbsup:

e14a2d600c772c65e62b2fda8431ac4c.jpg
 
100 mile breakfast ride on the RT this morning, out at 7:00, back by 10:30. Crossed some high passes coming and going, temps in the refreshing 40’s, zero traffic. Bike felt great. Got home, jumped on the CB for a short 20 mile ride in the local foothills, felt even better! Fabulous motorcycle!
 
The ferret_imp said:
How good?

I know I've said it before, but this Honda CB 1100 is just a pleasure to ride. Thought it on last night's ride, thought it again on tonight's ride. Matter of fact it pops up in my mind on just about every ride. Smooth, comfortable, handles well, brakes well, plus it has stunning looks. I am so glad Honda brought it over and I was able to get my '13 and then my '14 deluxe. Kinda wish now I had kept the 13, and added a '17 to the garage too now.

7 years, nearly 60,000 miles on 2 CB's, and it' still one of the, if not THE finest motorcycle I have ever owned. In a way, at this point in my life, it is all the motorcycle, and the only motorcycle that I really need.

Now, that doesnt mean I'm going to run out and sell the FJR. It's a great motorcycle as well, and one that I enjoy riding a whole lot. It's tall, and top heavy, but good night what a motor, plus it handles well, and brakes well too. I feel fortunate to be able to have each of them in the garage. Due to it's larger size, bigger motor, shaft drive, cruise control, electronic windshield, fairing, liquid cooling, built in hardbags etc it makes a dandy cross country machine, and if I were to head out to say the bad lands of South Dakota tomorrow, it's the bike that I would call on. Not that the CB couldn't do it, but the FJR would be the better tool for that job.

However, if for some reason I could have only one motorcycle in the garage, I do believe the CB would be staying where it is.

It's that good. :thumbsup:
Just reading you page again makes me glad and not feel so silly for buying the 2017 EX after I already had the 2013 CB...thanks!
 
Thread starter
another 114 miles of curves on the dream machine this morning!
 
Couldn't agree more! Such a pleasure to ride, and great to look at. Yes, it is perhaps less exiting than my Moto Guzzi Griso, but that also means it is (or at least: it feels) more reliable and trustworthy. I am very happy with it.
 
Back
Top