Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Thanks for the reply popgun, our bikes can't be that much different than other Honda models. I was looking for someone that has done business with scootworks because there are differing opinions as to their honesty on the web:huh:Lord Popgun_imp said:They don't list a kit for our bikes on their site. Do they even make one for it? Have they even seen a CB1100? I'd call and ask. I've never done business with them, to keep on topic.
Ralph,Ralph_imp said:I've been thinking about a belt conversion kit. Has anyone done business with Dave over at scootworks.com? If so how did it go:exclamation:
ralph
Ralph,ChipBeck_imp said:Ralph,Ralph_imp said:I've been thinking about a belt conversion kit. Has anyone done business with Dave over at scootworks.com? If so how did it go:exclamation:
ralph
Having changed both front and rear sprockets on my CB11 I can tell you it's pretty tight in there and I can't see how even a very narrow belt would fit. Keep us posted.
Chip
Bummer, my sportster has run many miles without even an adjustment.JustPassinThru_imp said:Out of curiosity, long ago...I looked up "Belt Conversions" in general. I liked the idea of a belt - they seem to work well on Harleys; and I'd seen one on a Suzuki Savage. A nice driveline on SUCH a lame bike...
It seems, according to what I found five years ago...there aren't any. Apparently belt width and tensioner and wheel width make it something that has to be engineered into the design - or else have heavy modding on swing arm, wheels, transmission assembly, the whole nine yards.
A pity. A toothed belt would be THE way to go with most machines - virtually maintenance free; and if it were a quality rubber compound, it could last five years and more miles than most riders would ever put on it. Yet, we're still screwing around with chains.
+1JustPassinThru_imp said:I'm sure it could be done. ANYTHING can be done, when you throw enough money at a project.
I suspect that when it's finished, though, the benefits for the cost would be so nebulous that you'd wonder why you bothered. The HOURS of frustration; the modding the swingarm; the custom case cover for the output shaft...balance that against a few moments each week to lube the chain and wipe away splattered dirty oil...
Like Suzuki, Honda did ONE belt model, long ago. I saw it, stopped at a light, when I was out and about on my BMW some years ago...did a double take. Didn't have time to talk to the rider. Later I looked it up...yep, Honda had that one small machine with a belt. The Honda team tried it...didn't like it...and that's that.