What are real cause(s) of left turners except for the " I did not see you excuse"?The ferret_imp said:Left turners, the bane of motorcyclists everywhere
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
What are real cause(s) of left turners except for the " I did not see you excuse"?The ferret_imp said:Left turners, the bane of motorcyclists everywhere
What are real cause(s) of left turners except for the " I did not see you excuse"?Alain Lee_imp said:What are real cause(s) of left turners except for the " I did not see you excuse"?The ferret_imp said:Left turners, the bane of motorcyclists everywhere
Even damaged parts may have more of a value than you think. Example: a dented gas tank (if the underside is unharmed) can easily be used for somebody's new-paint-job project. It may no longer be worth 1500$ (org Honda price) but still be worth 600-700. Honda's spare parts being so expensive, this may well work.PowerDubs_imp said:I'd say it is totaled.
I would NOT try to repair it- neither by them / shop or yourself.
I *would* ask once it is totaled what they want for 'buy back'
Unfortunately many of the parts won't fit a '14- but some never changed.
Check to see if the cyl head looks damaged. Check the gas tank for dents / scratches.
If those are OK- and the buy back is cheap-cyl head, tank, fuel pump, throttle bodies, starter are all worth something..
What are real cause(s) of left turners except for the " I did not see you excuse"?Alain Lee_imp said:What are real cause(s) of left turners except for the " I did not see you excuse"?The ferret_imp said:Left turners, the bane of motorcyclists everywhere
What are real cause(s) of left turners except for the " I did not see you excuse"?pekingduck_imp said:What are real cause(s) of left turners except for the " I did not see you excuse"?Alain Lee_imp said:What are real cause(s) of left turners except for the " I did not see you excuse"?The ferret_imp said:Left turners, the bane of motorcyclists everywhere
"I thought there was an app on my phone that tells me when I have to look up" (As wished by every distracted driver, but admitted by none.)
What are real cause(s) of left turners except for the " I did not see you excuse"?Alain Lee_imp said:What are real cause(s) of left turners except for the " I did not see you excuse"?The ferret_imp said:Left turners, the bane of motorcyclists everywhere
This is very useful. Do you happen to have a link to the ad that still might work or pic? Anything I could submit to insurance to show the market?Olyrider_imp said:As a basis for estimating value, I sold my2013 two months ago for $7,500. To the first person who looked at it, forthe price Iad ertised, with two more firm buyers hoping the first would walk away.
Good luck!
I'd also use extra attention to those newer and faster generation electric scooters now apparently occupying road lanes as well curb lanes and sidewalks. These un-plated, unregulated motorized vehicles can do a motorcycle rider some serious harm. Many seem to swerve out from nowhere, and then disappear again.The ferret_imp said:What are real cause(s) of left turners except for the " I did not see you excuse"?Alain Lee_imp said:What are real cause(s) of left turners except for the " I did not see you excuse"?The ferret_imp said:Left turners, the bane of motorcyclists everywhere
They have no real excuse other than the old saying look where you are going, so they are anticipating the turn and looking in that direction, with only a precursory glance at what's coming toward them. If it's not as large as a car (like a motorcycle), they don't immediately recognize it.
If someone coming at you looks like they are going to turn left, flash your lights, do the weave and cover your brakes. IMO (and as proven by studies) a white helmet and high viz vest help also.
BTW here's a new threat for us
MSN

I glad you walked away ok. I've have had a front end bang like that in the past, bent forks and got it back on the road. Mind you it was a bit of a ratty GS550 but new forks and away I went, no insurance involved. Used parts were in abundance back then so it didn't break the bank. I didn't come off so well though, knocked out and a week in hospital with severe concussion but we live and learn. Hope it works out ok for you.Tom_imp said:![]()
I hope the pic uploads.
Anyone think the car driver's insurance company will pay to fix this or total it? I can't find a 2013 standard on sale anywhere if they total it. Hope they settle on enough to buy a 2014. The rarity of our bikes does not make me feel good about this. I walked away banged up and sore and very thankful this was a short car I could fly over.
Tom, talk to a lawyer. The shouldn't charge to take the case and you won't pay anything. If they can't make anything on it, they should tell you they won't take it, and you can take what the insurance offers. BUT, if they can help you get a better deal, they will and you will get enough to buy a very nice bike and forget about trying to fix this bike at your own expense.Tom_imp said:![]()
I hope the pic uploads.
Anyone think the car driver's insurance company will pay to fix this or total it? I can't find a 2013 standard on sale anywhere if they total it. Hope they settle on enough to buy a 2014. The rarity of our bikes does not make me feel good about this. I walked away banged up and sore and very thankful this was a short car I could fly over.
Deer are also the bane...and left-turning deer?? forget about it.The ferret_imp said:Left turners, the bane of motorcyclists everywhere



I'd also use extra attention to those newer and faster generation electric scooters now apparently occupying road lanes as well curb lanes and sidewalks. These un-plated, unregulated motorized vehicles can do a motorcycle rider some serious harm. Many seem to swerve out from nowhere, and then disappear again.GoldOxide_imp said:I'd also use extra attention to those newer and faster generation electric scooters now apparently occupying road lanes as well curb lanes and sidewalks. These un-plated, unregulated motorized vehicles can do a motorcycle rider some serious harm. Many seem to swerve out from nowhere, and then disappear again.The ferret_imp said:What are real cause(s) of left turners except for the " I did not see you excuse"?Alain Lee_imp said:What are real cause(s) of left turners except for the " I did not see you excuse"?The ferret_imp said:Left turners, the bane of motorcyclists everywhere
They have no real excuse other than the old saying look where you are going, so they are anticipating the turn and looking in that direction, with only a precursory glance at what's coming toward them. If it's not as large as a car (like a motorcycle), they don't immediately recognize it.
If someone coming at you looks like they are going to turn left, flash your lights, do the weave and cover your brakes. IMO (and as proven by studies) a white helmet and high viz vest help also.
BTW here's a new threat for us
MSN
The ferret_imp said:what is a one wheel?
ymtnpoah11_imp said:Deer are also the bane...and left-turning deer?? forget about it.The ferret_imp said:Left turners, the bane of motorcyclists everywhere



I'd also use extra attention to those newer and faster generation electric scooters now apparently occupying road lanes as well curb lanes and sidewalks. These un-plated, unregulated motorized vehicles can do a motorcycle rider some serious harm. Many seem to swerve out from nowhere, and then disappear again.GoldOxide_imp said:I'd also use extra attention to those newer and faster generation electric scooters now apparently occupying road lanes as well curb lanes and sidewalks. These un-plated, unregulated motorized vehicles can do a motorcycle rider some serious harm. Many seem to swerve out from nowhere, and then disappear again.The ferret_imp said:What are real cause(s) of left turners except for the " I did not see you excuse"?Alain Lee_imp said:What are real cause(s) of left turners except for the " I did not see you excuse"?The ferret_imp said:Left turners, the bane of motorcyclists everywhere
They have no real excuse other than the old saying look where you are going, so they are anticipating the turn and looking in that direction, with only a precursory glance at what's coming toward them. If it's not as large as a car (like a motorcycle), they don't immediately recognize it.
If someone coming at you looks like they are going to turn left, flash your lights, do the weave and cover your brakes. IMO (and as proven by studies) a white helmet and high viz vest help also.
BTW here's a new threat for us
MSN