The Road King returns

Razor

Been there
Thread starter
9 years ago I bought a used 2003 HD Road King from the original owner with only 4005 miles. I drove it for a year and put about 3000 miles on it, and then sold it to a friend. About a month ago my friend asked if I’d be interested in buying it back. Yep! He only drove it 277 miles, and it sat in his barn. 
Replaced the tires, took the surface rust off the wheels and spent almost 2hrs polishing the mufflers. Still need to do more cleaning/polishing, and change the oil/filter. 

[attachment=1142]

Will post a photo when it’s done.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7956.webp
    IMG_7956.webp
    1.8 MB · Views: 98
Your friend rode 277 miles in 7 years? Geezalou
 
Incredible motorcycle. Glad it found its way home! David
 
the Ferret said:
Your friend rode 277 miles in 7 years?  Geezalou

Ferret, you know how important it is to keep the odometer turning! :rofl:
 
Thread starter
the Ferret said:
Your friend rode 277 miles in 7 years?  Geezalou

He’s got three other motorcycles, and he’s getting to the point where he doesn’t feel comfortable on the road. Mostly goes to the VFW and some short group rides.
 
Reminds me of the time I sold my ‘93 Nighthawk to a friend whose office moved far from his house. He now had a commute from Burbank to El Segundo, maddening in a car but almost tolerable on a motorcycle.

I had restored it to like-new condition. He didn’t have the same level of OCD I do about keeping bikes in shape and I assume he treated it like an appliance. When he switched jobs he offered to sell it back to me. I declined knowing it was ridden a lot more than 277 miles since I’d last seen it!

Man Razor, you’ve got that bike glowing!
 
Back
Top