The right size saddlebags

Thanks for that list TheFerret, am thinking of doing a roundtrip of either France or the UK (not yet decided, all suggestions welcome) which will be my first major trip and this will really help preparations!
 
Consider stopping by the dealer and trying on his saddlebags. My Honda dealer has twelve different styles and at least five look like they go well with our bikes. You can "try them on" and even pack them to see how they do before you buy. Ilike that because I suspect buying such things online is like buying clothese online without a fitting. You know?
 
Ferret, Am I correct in assuming the "standard" CB1100 only comes in color black and the "DLX" (with ABS brakes) only comes in red? Does that hold true for all years prior and current (2014)?
Thanks
 
Thread starter
No in the US in 2013 there were 2 models, both red, both with 5 speeds both with 4 into 1 one with optional abs.

In 2014 there are two models one black with 4 into 1 and 6 speed and the other the DLX, red with 6 speed and standard ABS.
 
The ferret_imp said:
No in the US in 2013 there were 2 models, both red, both with 5 speeds both with 4 into 1 one with optional abs.

In 2014 there are two models one black with 4 into 1 and 6 speed and the other the DLX, red with 6 speed and standard ABS.
Thanks for the clarification. My dealer did not have a DLX in stock so I bought the black 2014. From what I am reading, there are not that many red ones available. I did see a 2013 red at another dealer but I had already traded and was window-shopping for a tail bag.
So, that rules out the model "EX" stateside?
 
Thread starter
Spokes. We dont get the CB100s with spokes. Those are the EXs
 
White Dog_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
No in the US in 2013 there were 2 models, both red, both with 5 speeds both with 4 into 1 one with optional abs.

In 2014 there are two models one black with 4 into 1 and 6 speed and the other the DLX, red with 6 speed and standard ABS.
Thanks for the clarification. My dealer did not have a DLX in stock so I bought the black 2014. From what I am reading, there are not that many red ones available. I did see a 2013 red at another dealer but I had already traded and was window-shopping for a tail bag.
So, that rules out the model "EX" stateside?
The EX is the Euro/Japan version of the DLX. Not much chance you'll ever see one on this side of the pond. The only noticeable difference is that the EX came with spoked wheels.

Honda has a 2015 Japan only version of the EX with black cast wheels.
 
White Dog_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
No in the US in 2013 there were 2 models, both red, both with 5 speeds both with 4 into 1 one with optional abs.

In 2014 there are two models one black with 4 into 1 and 6 speed and the other the DLX, red with 6 speed and standard ABS.
Thanks for the clarification. My dealer did not have a DLX in stock so I bought the black 2014. From what I am reading, there are not that many red ones available. I did see a 2013 red at another dealer but I had already traded and was window-shopping for a tail bag.
So, that rules out the model "EX" stateside?
Thanks for the clarification. My dealer did not have a DLX in stock so I bought the black 2014. From what I am reading, there are not that many red ones available. I did see a 2013 red at another dealer but I had already traded and was window-shopping for a tail bag.
So, that rules out the model "EX" stateside? My emphasis.

Interesting observation. There are 43 DLX models on this forum's register and 20 Standards.
 
Again thanks to all for input. Everything is a trade off - I've decided on the Cortech Super 2.0 36L Saddlebags $159.99 & matching 24L Tail Bag $109.99. They come with vinyl slip over rain covers. Does anyone know a best place for discounts. Local dealers may offer 10%, but with sales tax it works out to 3.5%. Online no tax, free shipping, but full list so they are 3.5% higher.

 
Thread starter
those are good looking bags. Will you have to move the rear turn signals?

Try pricing Revzilla, Motorcycle Gear.com and Motorcycle Superstore. If they have a better price ask the local dealer if he will match it.
 
The ferret_imp said:
those are good looking bags. Will you have to move the rear turn signals?

Try pricing Revzilla, Motorcycle Gear.com and Motorcycle Superstore. If they have a better price ask the local dealer if he will match it.
I certainly hope not.

Most online, including MCSS were at full list.
I just called Revzilla, they are going to have a Black Friday Sale - I signed up for their email.
 
I have a set of those bags. I've never used them, but did set them up on the bike when I got them. The turn signals do get in the way, but I mounted them with the nose tipped down and the tail up and against the signals. Seemed to work ok and make enough leg room, but like I said, never been on the road with them.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I have a set of those bags. I've never used them, but did set them up on the bike when I got them. The turn signals do get in the way, but I mounted them with the nose tipped down and the tail up and against the signals. Seemed to work ok and make enough leg room, but like I said, never been on the road with them.
Thanks, I just emailed Cortech to see if I get a response - no phone # available.
 
Dang rear blinkers being were they are, is why I went with the Honda rear rack and a Wolfman medium dry duffle.

Weight rides higher but it's also spread across the rear part of the seat. Holds as much as the three bags pic'd above and water proof as is.
 
Back
Top