The old and the new!

ScottSny_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Here are my CBs. The silver one is a '77 750k and the new one is my newly acquired '13 1100
954ae786a8b11df3f537cad6f7ed3a56.jpg


Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
 
You can see the family lineage
 
Thread starter
For sure. Even more in these pics. Pretty cool!
3bf7b4ac638f91d7c319816134eb7f29.jpg
3a2fe643d7eaa786081656afaa171cdc.jpg


Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
I want to replace that seat on the '13 with the retro one...anybody recommend one over another? I like the old style side covers too, but I'm not sure if I want them or the '14 color matched covers more...

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
 
Nice stable, Scott! The CB750 and CB1100 is the perfect combo in my book. The only difficulty is trying to decide which one to ride on any given day :P
 
Nice pair Scott. I find the 2014 seat a bit more comfortable than the 2013 seat, but it have only had the 2014 Dlx 2 days and 300 miles of riding. There is a 2014 Dlx seat for sale on eBay.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I love the air cleaner cover (side cover) on the 750. It's just so obvious what is happening there with the air flow, the way the side cover narrows down towards the air box and carberators.

The 1100 side covers and air box covers do not express the inner workings as well as the old bike does. This concealment of function is my main difficulty with the covers on the 1100. Of course the 1100 is miles ahead of any modern sport bike as regards showing how the thing works. The plastics of the sport bikes are designed to slip through the air at speeds that will land you in jail if attempted on the street.

The mismatch between form and typical use with modern sport bikes is comical in my opinion.
 
Nice bikes, Scott and nicely put Greg. Is the tank on the CB750 larger in capacity?
 
Thread starter
The tank on the 750 is larger, it holds over 4 gallons...closer to 5. I get almost exactly the same range on a tank on both bikes which makes me laugh! Better mpg on the 1100 makes up for less capacity in the tank

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
I am right around 170 miles per tank on both bikes. The 750 revs a little higher and has a louder exhaust so I like to run it out and hear it, I guess I could get better mpg if I changed my riding style but the mpg is the last thing on my mind when I ride! I'm only on my second tank on the 1100 so I am still figuring out how far I can stretch that tank! Anyone have info for me there?

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
 
the new one looks like son of the old one but is more handsome
ScottSny_imp said:
I am right around 170 miles per tank on both bikes. The 750 revs a little higher and has a louder exhaust so I like to run it out and hear it, I guess I could get better mpg if I changed my riding style but the mpg is the last thing on my mind when I ride! I'm only on my second tank on the 1100 so I am still figuring out how far I can stretch that tank! Anyone have info for me there?

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
anywhere between 125 - 155 miles with half gallon left in the tank
 
Thread starter
The 1100 had 970 miles on it when I acquired it so I was gentle for the first couple weeks...probably why my mpg was around 170. Mostly highway miles also. The 1100 is extremely quiet compared to the 750. My wife has been with me for most of the 1100 riding so I have to ride much less aggressive or she freaks out on me lol!

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
 
Thanks for posting the photos of your bikes. Its cool to see the heritage we have with the truly historic CB 750. It really makes me want to find my own 750.
 
Back
Top