The GOAT of Short Motorcycle Boots: indie Ridge

rdprdp01

Administrator
Thread starter
As I mentioned in a previous thread, I have become more sensitive to safety while riding my CB1100. Although I have been fortunate and lucky to have remained upright during my 45 years on a motorcycle, stuff happens.

Old nerd that I am, I reviewed reports from government agencies, equipment manufacturers, insurance companies, and crusading law firms to make a more informed decision where to start. The consensus was there: the most common injury sustained by motorcyclists are to the lower extremities. As I reviewed my protective gear, I clearly had two deficits: I did not own proper motorcycle boots or jeans.

So with great enthusiasm, I went on a quest to purchase both. However, I did have some boundaries. Because I already purchased a fantastic set of crash bars (http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=19305) and had no desire to look like an elderly power ranger, I focused on finding “low” boots that (1) had an overall Level 2 safety rating, (2) were comfortable to wear, (3) would last a lifetime with proper care, and (4) could be worn with motorcycle jeans at a coffee shop and not make me look like a movie extra from a Mad Max movie.

All roads led to Steve at Indie Ridge, based in San Bernardino, CA. Although I have not met the man, his work and post-sale support have earned the respect of motorcyclists throughout North America and possibly across the pond. He works tirelessly to create great boots, gloves, and riding gear for motorcyclists. You can learn a little bit about Steve and a lot more about Indie Ridge products on his refreshingly focused website: Indie Ridge.

I purchased a pair of “The Crow” boots so named because they are black (The Crow Motorcycle Boots - Waterproof).

They were properly shipped in a two-box setup:

7f7761737043c3dfde923e67d576b3e0.jpeg


971f3ff965150e5a9ee82d2ea2998579.jpeg


They were properly packed and had a wonderful registration twist:

d409ef4095c0b526b0a06fe71d228e9b.jpeg


3b1266c572d46774b8221d6ec8c874f3.jpeg


7b88e6563af37c37f5a2f873c565e90f.jpeg


They look, feel, and believe it or not smell fantastic:

23310ffed12a4a72ff5e4d4a82ace86e.jpeg


Steve must own a motorcycle because the design, function, and materials scream let’s ride.

Here is the inside of the boot. Note the custom stitching and molded padding:

70cf288fad7d923bde1ec0c2fc23d611.jpeg


The best way to illustrate the ergonomics is to compare them to a non-motorcycle boot. I love my Timberlands for carpentry and gardening, but there is no comparison as a motorcycle boot:

a295c26e28e0c086f39a852f672bd8ed.jpeg


The soles are not an afterthought. A tread design was created to help address the challenges we face stopping, starting, and walking in motorcycle boots:

09fdb1e898822729c10ad51579bce053.jpeg


When I received the boots, I put them on. I heard a swish as I inserted my foot. It is a snug but not too tight fit. I wore the boots for two days to break them in. No blisters; no discomfort. They loosened up with each step.

778911df6ff7373ceb967dc05981008b.jpeg


2727fd08a5238b0e888425bc7308c4ad.jpeg


They fit nicely on a stock setup for a CB1100.

a8fcae2ccf4ce992442e99ed809318b7.jpeg


I rode with them for the first time today. It was perfect. Shifting gears was easy and my new motorcycle jeans fit over them nicely.

229d8974ef5c55ecf6aa8b6db875554b.jpeg


The materials and craftsmanship earned the safety rating:

9ab89e2262b206374fb29c1dcf259d18.jpeg


If you are looking for a lifelong boot, I recommend you give Indie Ridge serious consideration.

I know this thread is too long but I felt I owed it to Indie Ridge to give a proper accounting. Forgive me if I let my enthusiasm get the better of me. I will create another thread for the motorcycle jeans I equally like. Good night.
 
They look like great boots.
 
Thread starter
m in sc_imp said:
those look great, good price too. The Crow Motorcycle Boots - Waterproof

the only issue I would have w buying them is a crash I had in in 2015, I ground my boots down over the toe halfway though a steel toe. if they weren't there i would be missing toes. I ride in danners, no issues fo rme, but those are nice indeed.
The boots are reinforced with something which passed the certification tests. Not sure what. To find out, would have to cut open the boots, which is not happening! :)

I am glad you found the right boot for you.
Frulk_imp said:
Does Steve actually manufacture these boots in his own shop?
I believe the design work is done in the United States. They are manufactured in Pakistan.
 
Huh... thanks for the tip. Nice looking boots. I have a pair of Wolverines for times that I'll anticipate being off the bike, like meeting up for dinner, etc. But like your Timberlands, they're not motorcycle-specific for protection.

My biggest problem is 4EEEE Fred Flintstone feet. Wonder if these guys have a showroom where I can do a test-fit. Would make a nice ride.

I'm glad my pairs of Tourmasters are nice and wide. Came in very handy yesterday. During my lengthy office teardown I've kept an old pair of work shoes, pants and a sweatshirt that I change into when I get there for the dirty work, and was planning to ceremoniously toss them all in the dumpster on my way out. Left them in my car, and rode to work for my last day yesterday, so I was in my riding pants and boots all day in the office yesterday and it was fine.

Guess I'll have to go grab everything out of my car and ceremoniously throw it in my condo's dumpster.
 
Rdprdp01_imp said:
As I mentioned in a previous thread, I have become more sensitive to safety while riding my CB1100. Although I have been fortunate and lucky to have remained upright during my 45 years on a motorcycle, stuff happens.

Old nerd that I am, I reviewed reports from government agencies, equipment manufacturers, insurance companies, and crusading law firms to make a more informed decision where to start. The consensus was there: the most common injury sustained by motorcyclists are to the lower extremities. As I reviewed my protective gear, I clearly had two deficits: I did not own proper motorcycle boots or jeans.

So with great enthusiasm, I went on a quest to purchase both. However, I did have some boundaries. Because I already purchased a fantastic set of crash bars (http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=19305) and had no desire to look like an elderly power ranger, I focused on finding “low” boots that (1) had an overall Level 2 safety rating, (2) were comfortable to wear, (3) would last a lifetime with proper care, and (4) could be worn with motorcycle jeans at a coffee shop and not make me look like a movie extra from a Mad Max movie.

All roads led to Steve at Indie Ridge, based in San Bernardino, CA. Although I have not met the man, his work and post-sale support have earned the respect of motorcyclists throughout North America and possibly across the pond. He works tirelessly to create great boots, gloves, and riding gear for motorcyclists. You can learn a little bit about Steve and a lot more about Indie Ridge products on his refreshingly focused website: Indie Ridge.

I purchased a pair of “The Crow” boots so named because they are black (The Crow Motorcycle Boots - Waterproof).

They were properly shipped in a two-box setup:

7f7761737043c3dfde923e67d576b3e0.jpeg


971f3ff965150e5a9ee82d2ea2998579.jpeg


They were properly packed and had a wonderful registration twist:

d409ef4095c0b526b0a06fe71d228e9b.jpeg


3b1266c572d46774b8221d6ec8c874f3.jpeg


7b88e6563af37c37f5a2f873c565e90f.jpeg


They look, feel, and believe it or not smell fantastic:

23310ffed12a4a72ff5e4d4a82ace86e.jpeg


Steve must own a motorcycle because the design, function, and materials scream let’s ride.

Here is the inside of the boot. Note the custom stitching and molded padding:

70cf288fad7d923bde1ec0c2fc23d611.jpeg


The best way to illustrate the ergonomics is to compare them to a non-motorcycle boot. I love my Timberlands for carpentry and gardening, but there is no comparison as a motorcycle boot:

a295c26e28e0c086f39a852f672bd8ed.jpeg


The soles are not an afterthought. A tread design was created to help address the challenges we face stopping, starting, and walking in motorcycle boots:

09fdb1e898822729c10ad51579bce053.jpeg


When I received the boots, I put them on. I heard a swish as I inserted my foot. It is a snug but not too tight fit. I wore the boots for two days to break them in. No blisters; no discomfort. They loosened up with each step.

778911df6ff7373ceb967dc05981008b.jpeg


2727fd08a5238b0e888425bc7308c4ad.jpeg


They fit nicely on a stock setup for a CB1100.

a8fcae2ccf4ce992442e99ed809318b7.jpeg


I rode with them for the first time today. It was perfect. Shifting gears was easy and my new motorcycle jeans fit over them nicely.

229d8974ef5c55ecf6aa8b6db875554b.jpeg


The materials and craftsmanship earned the safety rating:

9ab89e2262b206374fb29c1dcf259d18.jpeg


If you are looking for a lifelong boot, I recommend you give Indie Ridge serious consideration.

I know this thread is too long but I felt I owed it to Indie Ridge to give a proper accounting. Forgive me if I let my enthusiasm get the better of me. I will create another thread for the motorcycle jeans I equally like. Good night.
A very fine review, Rdprdp01...nicely done, and not too long. It's great to feel excited about a product we buy and share the details. I trust reviews at sites where "we know each other" tons more than other on-line reviews.

Turns out, I've been looking for a new mc boot to replace my current ones; better said, mc boots to use for when I combine biking with hiking. My long-running all weather and long distance riding boots are Aerostich "Combat Boots", which aren't made anymore (I think).

44b976d1443343fb0b0c733ac0a69b9a.jpg


I've had them since around 2009 or '10. Been great as my feet don't get wet, at all. The buckle system means no laces. Neither the parachute chord mechanism nor the buckles have failed in 15 years. And they can be resoled, which I had done after about 8 years.

fbfa04d8fe69fd694f2ba5fc165953ca.jpg


But they are heavy and not very flexible; so while good for riding, not so much for hiking...unless I want to get in a "good workout".

The inner tongue is actually a thin waterproof lining and it is starting to fray and tear apart. It's the only weak spot to the boot, but the flaps that velcro-close and cover this lining are what really keep the rain out, so no big deal.

I'd say they are pretty close to a life-time boot because they can be resoled. All the stopping and puttting left foot down does wear the sole down over time. It cost about $80 to resole both boots...much cheaper than buying another pair which cost $300 when I had them resoled, now it seems lots of equivalent type boots cost near $400.

So back to the ones you bought. Can they be resoled? If so, does Indie Ridge do the work if they are offering a lifetime guarentee of sorts?

Here's the area where I think that might be possible:
b0adf4004f3579502ae00729b3d5fde0.jpg


At $175, I think the price is pretty decent. I was expecting north of $200 as I read your review. I'd be interested in any follow up comments you have after wearing them around for a few months, and how they feel walking in them for any extended time.

It can be tough to find good mc gear that we really like. Again, you give great info, so thanks for taking the time to post the photos and revew.
 
Thread starter
pdedse_imp said:
Rdprdp01_imp said:
As I mentioned in a previous thread, I have become more sensitive to safety while riding my CB1100. Although I have been fortunate and lucky to have remained upright during my 45 years on a motorcycle, stuff happens.

Old nerd that I am, I reviewed reports from government agencies, equipment manufacturers, insurance companies, and crusading law firms to make a more informed decision where to start. The consensus was there: the most common injury sustained by motorcyclists are to the lower extremities. As I reviewed my protective gear, I clearly had two deficits: I did not own proper motorcycle boots or jeans.

So with great enthusiasm, I went on a quest to purchase both. However, I did have some boundaries. Because I already purchased a fantastic set of crash bars (http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=19305) and had no desire to look like an elderly power ranger, I focused on finding “low” boots that (1) had an overall Level 2 safety rating, (2) were comfortable to wear, (3) would last a lifetime with proper care, and (4) could be worn with motorcycle jeans at a coffee shop and not make me look like a movie extra from a Mad Max movie.

All roads led to Steve at Indie Ridge, based in San Bernardino, CA. Although I have not met the man, his work and post-sale support have earned the respect of motorcyclists throughout North America and possibly across the pond. He works tirelessly to create great boots, gloves, and riding gear for motorcyclists. You can learn a little bit about Steve and a lot more about Indie Ridge products on his refreshingly focused website: Indie Ridge.

I purchased a pair of “The Crow” boots so named because they are black (The Crow Motorcycle Boots - Waterproof).

They were properly shipped in a two-box setup:

7f7761737043c3dfde923e67d576b3e0.jpeg


971f3ff965150e5a9ee82d2ea2998579.jpeg


They were properly packed and had a wonderful registration twist:

d409ef4095c0b526b0a06fe71d228e9b.jpeg


3b1266c572d46774b8221d6ec8c874f3.jpeg


7b88e6563af37c37f5a2f873c565e90f.jpeg


They look, feel, and believe it or not smell fantastic:

23310ffed12a4a72ff5e4d4a82ace86e.jpeg


Steve must own a motorcycle because the design, function, and materials scream let’s ride.

Here is the inside of the boot. Note the custom stitching and molded padding:

70cf288fad7d923bde1ec0c2fc23d611.jpeg


The best way to illustrate the ergonomics is to compare them to a non-motorcycle boot. I love my Timberlands for carpentry and gardening, but there is no comparison as a motorcycle boot:

a295c26e28e0c086f39a852f672bd8ed.jpeg


The soles are not an afterthought. A tread design was created to help address the challenges we face stopping, starting, and walking in motorcycle boots:

09fdb1e898822729c10ad51579bce053.jpeg


When I received the boots, I put them on. I heard a swish as I inserted my foot. It is a snug but not too tight fit. I wore the boots for two days to break them in. No blisters; no discomfort. They loosened up with each step.

778911df6ff7373ceb967dc05981008b.jpeg


2727fd08a5238b0e888425bc7308c4ad.jpeg


They fit nicely on a stock setup for a CB1100.

a8fcae2ccf4ce992442e99ed809318b7.jpeg


I rode with them for the first time today. It was perfect. Shifting gears was easy and my new motorcycle jeans fit over them nicely.

229d8974ef5c55ecf6aa8b6db875554b.jpeg


The materials and craftsmanship earned the safety rating:

9ab89e2262b206374fb29c1dcf259d18.jpeg


If you are looking for a lifelong boot, I recommend you give Indie Ridge serious consideration.

I know this thread is too long but I felt I owed it to Indie Ridge to give a proper accounting. Forgive me if I let my enthusiasm get the better of me. I will create another thread for the motorcycle jeans I equally like. Good night.
A very fine review, Rdprdp01...nicely done, and not too long. It's great to feel excited about a product we buy and share the details. I trust reviews at sites where "we know each other" tons more than other on-line reviews.

Turns out, I've been looking for a new mc boot to replace my current ones; better said, mc boots to use for when I combine biking with hiking. My long-running all weather and long distance riding boots are Aerostich "Combat Boots", which aren't made anymore (I think).

44b976d1443343fb0b0c733ac0a69b9a.jpg


I've had them since around 2009 or '10. Been great as my feet don't get wet, at all. The buckle system means no laces. Neither the parachute chord mechanism nor the buckles have failed in 15 years. And they can be resoled, which I had done after about 8 years.

fbfa04d8fe69fd694f2ba5fc165953ca.jpg


But they are heavy and not very flexible; so while good for riding, not so much for hiking...unless I want to get in a "good workout".

The inner tongue is actually a thin waterproof lining and it is starting to fray and tear apart. It's the only weak spot to the boot, but the flaps that velcro-close and cover this lining are what really keep the rain out, so no big deal.

I'd say they are pretty close to a life-time boot because they can be resoled. All the stopping and puttting left foot down does wear the sole down over time. It cost about $80 to resole both boots...much cheaper than buying another pair which cost $300 when I had them resoled, now it seems lots of equivalent type boots cost near $400.

So back to the ones you bought. Can they be resoled? If so, does Indie Ridge do the work if they are offering a lifetime guarentee of sorts?

Here's the area where I think that might be possible:
b0adf4004f3579502ae00729b3d5fde0.jpg


At $175, I think the price is pretty decent. I was expecting north of $200 as I read your review. I'd be interested in any follow up comments you have after wearing them around for a few months, and how they feel walking in them for any extended time.

It can be tough to find good mc gear that we really like. Again, you give great info, so thanks for taking the time to post the photos and revew.
A very fine review, Rdprdp01...nicely done, and not too long. It's great to feel excited about a product we buy and share the details. I trust reviews at sites where "we know each other" tons more than other on-line reviews.

Turns out, I've been looking for a new mc boot to replace my current ones; better said, mc boots to use for when I combine biking with hiking. My long-running all weather and long distance riding boots are Aerostich "Combat Boots", which aren't made anymore (I think).

2a77feea71e862aa101261fe073cb191.jpg


I've had them since around 2009 or '10. Been great as my feet don't get wet, at all. The buckle system means no laces. Neither the parachute chord mechanism nor the buckles have failed in 15 years. And they can be resoled, which I had done after about 8 years.

3282e2914d77b2d93bb7ec93b1efbe27.jpg


But they are heavy and not very flexible; so while good for riding, not so much for hiking...unless I want to get in a "good workout".

The inner tongue is actually a thin waterproof lining and it is starting to fray and tear apart. It's the only weak spot to the boot, but the flaps that velcro-close and cover this lining are what really keep the rain out, so no big deal.

I'd say they are pretty close to a life-time boot because they can be resoled. All the stopping and puttting left foot down does wear the sole down over time. It cost about $80 to resole both boots...much cheaper than buying another pair which cost $300 when I had them resoled, now it seems lots of equivalent type boots cost near $400.

So back to the ones you bought. Can they be resoled? If so, does Indie Ridge do the work if they are offering a lifetime guarentee of sorts?

Here's the area where I think that might be possible:
6ab2246b4797ef8b6325ccf0961d30c5.jpg


At $175, I think the price is pretty decent. I was expecting north of $200 as I read your review. I'd be interested in any follow up comments you have after wearing them around for a few months, and how they feel walking in them for any extended time.

It can be tough to find good mc gear that we really like. Again, you give great info, so thanks for taking the time to post the photos and revew.
The Indie Ridge boots can be resoled. They have fantastic stitching which keeps them together but can also be removed to attach a new sole.

The boots are comfortable to walk in and great for riding. Would not recommend them for hiking because the soles are optimized for the street, not for a trail.

Here are a couple of reviews from other boot owners:



And here is an interview with Steve, who seems to be a great guy and would fit in with the members of thie Forum:


I will add to this thread in 90 days. Take care.
 
Rdprdp01_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
Rdprdp01_imp said:
As I mentioned in a previous thread, I have become more sensitive to safety while riding my CB1100. Although I have been fortunate and lucky to have remained upright during my 45 years on a motorcycle, stuff happens.

Old nerd that I am, I reviewed reports from government agencies, equipment manufacturers, insurance companies, and crusading law firms to make a more informed decision where to start. The consensus was there: the most common injury sustained by motorcyclists are to the lower extremities. As I reviewed my protective gear, I clearly had two deficits: I did not own proper motorcycle boots or jeans.

So with great enthusiasm, I went on a quest to purchase both. However, I did have some boundaries. Because I already purchased a fantastic set of crash bars (http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=19305) and had no desire to look like an elderly power ranger, I focused on finding “low” boots that (1) had an overall Level 2 safety rating, (2) were comfortable to wear, (3) would last a lifetime with proper care, and (4) could be worn with motorcycle jeans at a coffee shop and not make me look like a movie extra from a Mad Max movie.

All roads led to Steve at Indie Ridge, based in San Bernardino, CA. Although I have not met the man, his work and post-sale support have earned the respect of motorcyclists throughout North America and possibly across the pond. He works tirelessly to create great boots, gloves, and riding gear for motorcyclists. You can learn a little bit about Steve and a lot more about Indie Ridge products on his refreshingly focused website: Indie Ridge.

I purchased a pair of “The Crow” boots so named because they are black (The Crow Motorcycle Boots - Waterproof).

They were properly shipped in a two-box setup:

7f7761737043c3dfde923e67d576b3e0.jpeg


971f3ff965150e5a9ee82d2ea2998579.jpeg


They were properly packed and had a wonderful registration twist:

d409ef4095c0b526b0a06fe71d228e9b.jpeg


3b1266c572d46774b8221d6ec8c874f3.jpeg


7b88e6563af37c37f5a2f873c565e90f.jpeg


They look, feel, and believe it or not smell fantastic:

23310ffed12a4a72ff5e4d4a82ace86e.jpeg


Steve must own a motorcycle because the design, function, and materials scream let’s ride.

Here is the inside of the boot. Note the custom stitching and molded padding:

70cf288fad7d923bde1ec0c2fc23d611.jpeg


The best way to illustrate the ergonomics is to compare them to a non-motorcycle boot. I love my Timberlands for carpentry and gardening, but there is no comparison as a motorcycle boot:

a295c26e28e0c086f39a852f672bd8ed.jpeg


The soles are not an afterthought. A tread design was created to help address the challenges we face stopping, starting, and walking in motorcycle boots:

09fdb1e898822729c10ad51579bce053.jpeg


When I received the boots, I put them on. I heard a swish as I inserted my foot. It is a snug but not too tight fit. I wore the boots for two days to break them in. No blisters; no discomfort. They loosened up with each step.

778911df6ff7373ceb967dc05981008b.jpeg


2727fd08a5238b0e888425bc7308c4ad.jpeg


They fit nicely on a stock setup for a CB1100.

a8fcae2ccf4ce992442e99ed809318b7.jpeg


I rode with them for the first time today. It was perfect. Shifting gears was easy and my new motorcycle jeans fit over them nicely.

229d8974ef5c55ecf6aa8b6db875554b.jpeg


The materials and craftsmanship earned the safety rating:

9ab89e2262b206374fb29c1dcf259d18.jpeg


If you are looking for a lifelong boot, I recommend you give Indie Ridge serious consideration.

I know this thread is too long but I felt I owed it to Indie Ridge to give a proper accounting. Forgive me if I let my enthusiasm get the better of me. I will create another thread for the motorcycle jeans I equally like. Good night.
A very fine review, Rdprdp01...nicely done, and not too long. It's great to feel excited about a product we buy and share the details. I trust reviews at sites where "we know each other" tons more than other on-line reviews.

Turns out, I've been looking for a new mc boot to replace my current ones; better said, mc boots to use for when I combine biking with hiking. My long-running all weather and long distance riding boots are Aerostich "Combat Boots", which aren't made anymore (I think).

44b976d1443343fb0b0c733ac0a69b9a.jpg


I've had them since around 2009 or '10. Been great as my feet don't get wet, at all. The buckle system means no laces. Neither the parachute chord mechanism nor the buckles have failed in 15 years. And they can be resoled, which I had done after about 8 years.

fbfa04d8fe69fd694f2ba5fc165953ca.jpg


But they are heavy and not very flexible; so while good for riding, not so much for hiking...unless I want to get in a "good workout".

The inner tongue is actually a thin waterproof lining and it is starting to fray and tear apart. It's the only weak spot to the boot, but the flaps that velcro-close and cover this lining are what really keep the rain out, so no big deal.

I'd say they are pretty close to a life-time boot because they can be resoled. All the stopping and puttting left foot down does wear the sole down over time. It cost about $80 to resole both boots...much cheaper than buying another pair which cost $300 when I had them resoled, now it seems lots of equivalent type boots cost near $400.

So back to the ones you bought. Can they be resoled? If so, does Indie Ridge do the work if they are offering a lifetime guarentee of sorts?

Here's the area where I think that might be possible:
b0adf4004f3579502ae00729b3d5fde0.jpg


At $175, I think the price is pretty decent. I was expecting north of $200 as I read your review. I'd be interested in any follow up comments you have after wearing them around for a few months, and how they feel walking in them for any extended time.

It can be tough to find good mc gear that we really like. Again, you give great info, so thanks for taking the time to post the photos and revew.
A very fine review, Rdprdp01...nicely done, and not too long. It's great to feel excited about a product we buy and share the details. I trust reviews at sites where "we know each other" tons more than other on-line reviews.

Turns out, I've been looking for a new mc boot to replace my current ones; better said, mc boots to use for when I combine biking with hiking. My long-running all weather and long distance riding boots are Aerostich "Combat Boots", which aren't made anymore (I think).

2a77feea71e862aa101261fe073cb191.jpg


I've had them since around 2009 or '10. Been great as my feet don't get wet, at all. The buckle system means no laces. Neither the parachute chord mechanism nor the buckles have failed in 15 years. And they can be resoled, which I had done after about 8 years.

3282e2914d77b2d93bb7ec93b1efbe27.jpg


But they are heavy and not very flexible; so while good for riding, not so much for hiking...unless I want to get in a "good workout".

The inner tongue is actually a thin waterproof lining and it is starting to fray and tear apart. It's the only weak spot to the boot, but the flaps that velcro-close and cover this lining are what really keep the rain out, so no big deal.

I'd say they are pretty close to a life-time boot because they can be resoled. All the stopping and puttting left foot down does wear the sole down over time. It cost about $80 to resole both boots...much cheaper than buying another pair which cost $300 when I had them resoled, now it seems lots of equivalent type boots cost near $400.

So back to the ones you bought. Can they be resoled? If so, does Indie Ridge do the work if they are offering a lifetime guarentee of sorts?

Here's the area where I think that might be possible:
6ab2246b4797ef8b6325ccf0961d30c5.jpg


At $175, I think the price is pretty decent. I was expecting north of $200 as I read your review. I'd be interested in any follow up comments you have after wearing them around for a few months, and how they feel walking in them for any extended time.

It can be tough to find good mc gear that we really like. Again, you give great info, so thanks for taking the time to post the photos and revew.
The Indie Ridge boots can be resoled. They have fantastic stitching which keeps them together but can also be removed to attach a new sole.

The boots are comfortable to walk in and great for riding. Would not recommend them for hiking because the soles are optimized for the street, not for a trail.

Here are a couple of reviews from other boot owners:



And here is an interview with Steve, who seems to be a great guy and would fit in with the members of thie Forum:


I will add to this thread in 90 days. Take care.
Awesome, good to hear. I'm gonna have a closer look. Father's Day isn't too far away. Thanks for the extra info / reviews.

They may not be the best for hiking, but I'm pretty sure they would be better than the "combat boots" I get stuck using from time to time.
 
Thread starter
m in sc_imp said:
i'd like to see what 'certification' tests these are... I'm dubious to say the least. I mean, they look like nice boots, for sure.

I also suffer from hobbit wide feet, so most boots i tend to blow out, hence why i landed on what i use. But, i mean, they sure are better than reeboks or nikes i see some idiots riding in.
Here is a summary of the standard used to test the boots:

EN 13634: 2017 – Protective footwear for motorcycle riders. Requirements and test methods.

Happy New Year, everyone!!
 
Thread starter
Their scorecard shows a level 2 abrasion rating. I will research more to locate the abrasion testing methodology.

5fbed0bc13ecbead6708f43ad799b0b2.jpeg

Okay, my first lucky break of the day. :) Here is what I was able to source from someone I follow who rides in Great Britain:

“Abrasion Resistance If you went sliding down the road, you’d want to know your boots wouldn’t wear through. The abrasion resistance test is designed to check how well boots will stand up to this type of punishment.

For testing, the boot is divided into two areas – Area A covers the sole, front and back of the boot, where you’re most likely to find stretch panels, and everything else is Area B. Three samples of material are cut from the boot and each is held against a moving abrasive belt until a hole appears. The shortest time it took for a hole to develop in one of the samples dictates the boot’s abrasion rating. For basic Level 1 approval, samples cut from area A must last 1.5 seconds, and samples from area B need to last five seconds. To reach the higher Level 2, area A samples need to last 2.5 seconds or longer, while area B must survive at least 12 seconds without wearing through.“

Here is the link if you want to consider how credible the source is:

https://motogirl.co.uk/pages/footwe...-BWSwB8rdWYJvYTSR5uu5aHdbMmg7nPwJFb5-jaLqdAKQ
 
The most widely recognised "quality" motorcycle boot in Europe has to be the German made Daytona Roadstar GTX. Each size of boot comes in five "dimensions". i.e. there are five differently dimensioned boots in say a size 11. Same for every other size.

If you have large calf's, wide feet, a high bridge there is a boot for you. If you want a size 8 but an extra roomy boot for thick winter socks that can be selected. On top of that the calf area can be adjusted too. My two calf's are slightly different dimensions and these boots take care of that.

If any part of your boot gets damaged you can send it back to the factory and they will repair it too. These are genuinely 100% waterproof too. More than I can say for my supposed waterproof TCX boots which leaked like a sieve.

Road Star GTX
 
Thread starter
A fellow motorcyclists unfortunately had an accident while wearing Indie Ridge boots. See his report and picture below:

“I was in a wreck last weekend at highway speeds and all of my gear was high quality including the boots and gloves purchased at indie ridge, and I walked myself out of the hospital and was back to work on Monday. When it comes time to ride again I will 100% be buying indie ridge again!”

9d49596c824e7984363c4d58477a9761.jpeg


In this incident, the boots performed to spec. Thank God.

Wishing him a speedy recovery and all of you a safe 2025.
 
Through my 50 years of riding, I've found my favorite boots are low rise, with a zipper. I get get the laces tied so the boot is snug, but not tight, and then just use the zipper for on/off. I also like shallow lugs on the sole, as deep lugs get snarled on the foot pegs.
 
While you don't really want to see this type of confirmation, it is good know about. Hope your acquaintance's recovery is 100%.

Rdprdp01_imp said:
A fellow motorcyclists unfortunately had an accident while wearing Indie Ridge boots. See his report and picture below:

“I was in a wreck last weekend at highway speeds and all of my gear was high quality including the boots and gloves purchased at indie ridge, and I walked myself out of the hospital and was back to work on Monday. When it comes time to ride again I will 100% be buying indie ridge again!”

9d49596c824e7984363c4d58477a9761.jpeg


In this incident, the boots performed to spec. Thank God.

Wishing him a speedy recovery and all of you a safe 2025.
 
Back
Top