The dumbest question I've ever been forced to ask

I took my NTM Suzi V-Strom out to my BIL to change the oil. I usually use a BIG pair of Chanel-Locks on the filter, but he had a filter wrench I'd never seen before. It was a heavy strap attached to a 6"x 3/4" square bar. Wrapped that strap around the filter, a big crescent on the bar, off it came.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
good deal. Shouldn't be an issue next time around. Hand tighten only.
I remember reading about the same ordeal back in the early 80's.

An ol' favourite: "Drive a screwdriver into it and twist."
I remember reading about the same ordeal back in the early 80's.

An ol' favourite: "Drive a screwdriver into it and twist."

I was contemplating it as a last ditch attempt. Had to do it before.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I have all 3 tools, the factory cup, the 3 prong thingy and the giant pliars thingy. Once you get the initial filter off (the giant pliars thingy worked best for that for me) then all I've ever used is the factory cup.
 
I use one of these. Works fine.

2a7e409d49ef9c3da4482ba1dbb02385.jpg
 
I have always just used a set of channel locks pliers to take off oil filters. Never owned a purpose built oil filter wrench. Who cares if you dent it when removing.
 

Pretty sure my bike never got the 600 mile change the drain
Plug was ready to leave the pan literally finger tight and the filter was really tight doesn't appear the tight in the video thats a long wrench making alot more torque, leverage than a short ratch that i usually use on the oil filter tool
 
cj599_imp said:

Pretty sure my bike never got the 600 mile change the drain
Plug was ready to leave the pan literally finger tight and the filter was really tight doesn't appear the tight in the video thats a long wrench making alot more torque, leverage than a short ratch that i usually use on the oil filter tool
Like the "sound-effects". :D
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Rather than the boa, try tapping gently around the edge of the lid with the edge of a knife and then turning the lid.
please post a 4KHD movie ... and go all the way until the jar opens gently (I'd like to see your patience when the jar is under vacuum)
;)
 
Back
Top