The Coronavirus Chronicles -Three Strikes You're Out

Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Sending love to all you guys who are in harm's way. Thanks to your wives for sticking to the job at hand and for y'all supporting them in this.
Nicely said, Bob.
 
I fear that Coronavirus madness has reached the Inhouse Bob household. When fellow forum mate Django stopped in last year for a couple of days during his epic ride across the USA he brought his own refreshments. In his haste to get away he left a beer in the fridge which I swore I would save for his return. Sadly, I caved under the stress of being locked in the house with three women for months on end. I swear, it was the last alcohol in the place! I was pushed too far! I'm so sorry.

For the record, it was indeed Refreshing and Smooth :beerchug:
 
My housing area had been locked down. Only people with letters from Government Agencies are allowed to go out of the area. Surrounded by 2 districts which are tag as redzone, its increasingly felt like in the "Resident Evil" movie... In the movie I believe the protagonist rode an adventure sports motorcycle trying to escape, but I just can't imagine riding a CB trying to outrun zombies... The mood and setting is just not right.. hahaha..
 
I took mine out today. The ride did me good. Then back to our house and the quarantine. Cant stop for a burger or anything as everything is only take out. Still a ride seems to do wonders for my mood in general.
 
The virus is really causing the cream to rise to the top in my neighborhood. My wife and I just took a walk to the park that's just outside the gates of our condo complex. As we entered the park, we noticed several police cars and the smell of burning wood.

The officers had a bunch of hoodlum teenagers rounded up. Seems they were really bored, and were trying to set a tree on fire in the park for entertainment.
 
offroadfx4_imp said:
I teach and have been home since March 13th. It was announced with 40 minutes left in the day.

I went back once to get my laptop, etc. My room looked like it was frozen in time, 70 half built rockets hanging from the ceiling...a weird feeling.

My wife is a nurse. Still goes to work in NICU (neonatal intensive care).

They are under equipped to deal with this. Hand sewed mask, no N95s.

I'm a prime target, if she brings something home I'll let you know.
Hi, I teach too, and our last day was the 13th of March, with the Governor saying schools are closed until May 4th. We have been asked to prepare packets, leave them at school and find some way to help our kids. I teach AP Chemistry and Physics. Are you guys being asked to do this? I am going to school tomorrow and with my granddaughter's help, take some pixs of problems and post to our chat page. I feel helpless and confused as what to do and what is expected of me. Michael
Hi, I teach too, and our last day was the 13th of March, with the Governor saying schools are closed until May 4th. We have been asked to prepare packets, leave them at school and find some way to help our kids. I teach AP Chemistry and Physics. Are you guys being asked to do this? I am going to school tomorrow and with my granddaughter's help, take some pixs of problems and post to our chat page. I feel helpless and confused as what to do and what is expected of me. Michael PS...I will ride one of my bikes to school and at least make a riding day out of it!
 
michael1954_imp said:
offroadfx4_imp said:
I teach and have been home since March 13th. It was announced with 40 minutes left in the day.

I went back once to get my laptop, etc. My room looked like it was frozen in time, 70 half built rockets hanging from the ceiling...a weird feeling.

My wife is a nurse. Still goes to work in NICU (neonatal intensive care).

They are under equipped to deal with this. Hand sewed mask, no N95s.

I'm a prime target, if she brings something home I'll let you know.
Hi, I teach too, and our last day was the 13th of March, with the Governor saying schools are closed until May 4th. We have been asked to prepare packets, leave them at school and find some way to help our kids. I teach AP Chemistry and Physics. Are you guys being asked to do this? I am going to school tomorrow and with my granddaughter's help, take some pixs of problems and post to our chat page. I feel helpless and confused as what to do and what is expected of me. Michael
Hi, I teach too, and our last day was the 13th of March, with the Governor saying schools are closed until May 4th. We have been asked to prepare packets, leave them at school and find some way to help our kids. I teach AP Chemistry and Physics. Are you guys being asked to do this? I am going to school tomorrow and with my granddaughter's help, take some pixs of problems and post to our chat page. I feel helpless and confused as what to do and what is expected of me. Michael PS...I will ride one of my bikes to school and at least make a riding day out of it!
Another teach here, at a comm college. I guess we were "fortunate" in that our spring break happened right at the time the closures began to get serious. Our college pushed back spring quarter start by a week, giving us 2 weeks to get all our courses on line for the duration of the year--another 10 weeks.

So I've been at home for 3 weeks (finals week we cancelled our face to face exams) and next week we start up again...blackboard to deliver the classes, zoom to make the face to face time work. Steepest learning curve I've every faced. But I'm about 50% ready for the first 2-3 weeks. Then it will be a matter of staying 1-2 weeks ahead of the students. Been glued to computer for 10 hours per day, weekends a few hours less...

...and I am very grateful to have my job continue for the time being.
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
I fear that Coronavirus madness has reached the Inhouse Bob household. When fellow forum mate Django stopped in last year for a couple of days during his epic ride across the USA he brought his own refreshments. In his haste to get away he left a beer in the fridge which I swore I would save for his return. Sadly, I caved under the stress of being locked in the house with three women for months on end. I swear, it was the last alcohol in the place! I was pushed too far! I'm so sorry.

For the record, it was indeed Refreshing and Smooth :beerchug:

Now what will you do?
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
I fear that Coronavirus madness has reached the Inhouse Bob household. When fellow forum mate Django stopped in last year for a couple of days during his epic ride across the USA he brought his own refreshments. In his haste to get away he left a beer in the fridge which I swore I would save for his return. Sadly, I caved under the stress of being locked in the house with three women for months on end. I swear, it was the last alcohol in the place! I was pushed too far! I'm so sorry.

For the record, it was indeed Refreshing and Smooth :beerchug:

Ah, there it was! Glad you saved it from getting bad and in return it may have saved lifes in your place by relaxing the situation... :D

:beerchug:

Stay save, my friends.
 
Bob , come to our house and you can drink all the beer you want , beer stays longer "fresh" in a can than a bottle ( no light penetration in a can )
 
Michael1954... keep in mind as you try to figure out what is expected of you these days; those higher up the chain really have no idea what to do, either. Just do the best you can for the kids and it'll be fine. You are a pro and you have mad skills.

I print t-shirts and since the crisis got going around three weeks ago my phone hasn't been ringing at all. At ALL. But this week the calls have started again. It is teachers calling. Band directors, a math team advisor, track and field and hockey coaches. They are ordering shirts for their students as a reminder that things will return to normalcy soon and to motivate them to study, to practice, to keep their heads in the game.

So, to all the teachers on here, please know that us "civilians" appreciate all you do. My girls are both done with school and gainfully employed, all thanks to their teachers through the years. I'm so sorry that your world is upside down these days. We all pray that things return to normal for you and everyone else soon.:thumbsup:
 
I have some friends in the vinyl banner business, and they're going nuts right now, with restaurants ordering "Open for Take Out" banners, repair shops ordering "We are an approved essential business" banners, etc.
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Michael1954... keep in mind as you try to figure out what is expected of you these days; those higher up the chain really have no idea what to do, either. Just do the best you can for the kids and it'll be fine. You are a pro and you have mad skills.

I print t-shirts and since the crisis got going around three weeks ago my phone hasn't been ringing at all. At ALL. But this week the calls have started again. It is teachers calling. Band directors, a math team advisor, track and field and hockey coaches. They are ordering shirts for their students as a reminder that things will return to normalcy soon and to motivate them to study, to practice, to keep their heads in the game.

So, to all the teachers on here, please know that us "civilians" appreciate all you do. My girls are both done with school and gainfully employed, all thanks to their teachers through the years. I'm so sorry that your world is upside down these days. We all pray that things return to normal for you and everyone else soon.:thumbsup:
Hear, hear.
 
My best friend's wife is a teacher at a small private school. It seems like she was able to set up a curriculum and transfer her lessons to an online platform that she can conduct from home. But, for teachers in a large public system, I can only imagine that it must be extremely difficult. And, with all of the kids I see running around during school hours, I wonder how many in our district are even paying attention to what the schools are trying to do.
 
My wife is a public high school teacher, she had sent out assignment online a week ago, and no students, not one, had reply or return any...Seems students are having their good time in these lock down...
 
If I were a student when this happened, the opportunity to avoid any sort of study would have been irresistible. :D
 
We were told to create 'packets' for 2 weeks with a weekend notice.

They would print out for those without internet, I had 2/140 pick them up.

Online was better all 35/35 honors logged into our 'Google Classroom' and did assignments. Nearly 90% of the others did.

Luckily I built a computer lab in my room about 10 year ago out of discarded and donated used computers so my students didn't skip a beat except for missing labs (8th Grade Science).

We were told not to stress students out with assignments and we can't really hold them accountable if they don't do them. Again the honors do everything you assign them, impressive!

This next 3 week packet they will only print out on request and pass it out on the curb....everything is highly encouraged to be done digitally.

I wasn't a fan of Google Classroom (like black board and others), but it is a way to broadcast assignments and materials without mass emailing 140 students.

Our last official day is May 1st...then a week to collect and grade assignment.

The hospital is still not giving N95 masks to NICU nurses like my wife and my perfusionist daughter....if anyone has one or two I'll buy them from you.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
I have some friends in the vinyl banner business, and they're going nuts right now, with restaurants ordering "Open for Take Out" banners, repair shops ordering "We are an approved essential business" banners, etc.
Yeah, you never know what direction business will go. After 9/11 I was certain my business would tank as so many others did. But I had my biggest month ever, what with every organization wanting flags on shirts.
 
My son is a civil engineering student. He did his 2 test online (from home, no cheating). He scored an average above 75% and qualified for no final exams pass.
He has 2 exams left, no discounts here regardless student's score, which are due by the last 2 weeks of April, online as well.

Hospital, my wife works for, is lacking some protective equipment as well (my personal judgement). One ward already has COVID19 patient(s) on insolation in negative pressure rooms.

When she comes home, she first disinfects herself in the garage, changes her cloth, wash/shower before any contact with us.

Hope everything will go well with our family, so it will with all forum members/families as well.
Stay wise/informed and healthy.

Will spin bike today again for some 100 miles..no stopping/visiting anything...before new, tighter measures may be announced soon????
 
Back
Top