The CB lives!

I think the yellow one looks fabulous and seems to have a larger tank which would be nice albeit I would prefer not having the spoke wheels or rectangular mirrors. If this version becomes a US model I will be tempted.
 
ClassicVW_imp said:
I'm more excited about the black café version at the bottom of the page.

(tried to copy the photo here but it didn't work)
Me too! I would be really interested in purchasing some of the parts such as the blacked out dual exhaust, cafe seat, possibly the mirrors and signal lights...
 
Glad it's coming back; although I'm not wild about the mustard paint.

I'm not sure I think the spoked wheels are an improvement, either. Traditional? Sure. They also rule out tubeless tires, which (I'm given to understand) are less likely to have sudden failures.

No wheel truing and tubless tires, are an advantage. But, as we see, these things get juggled year to year...

A larger tank would be welcomed.
 
Gsnyder70_imp said:
ClassicVW_imp said:
I'm more excited about the black café version at the bottom of the page.

(tried to copy the photo here but it didn't work)
Me too! I would be really interested in purchasing some of the parts such as the blacked out dual exhaust, cafe seat, possibly the mirrors and signal lights...
Me too! I would be really interested in purchasing some of the parts such as the blacked out dual exhaust, cafe seat, possibly the mirrors and signal lights...
Exhaust looks like the Moriwaki Dual Megaphone from the picture. There are a few options out there for Cafe styled seats, mirrors, and signals. You could dress up a current CB quicker than waiting for that one to be released outside of Japan.


Sent from an undisclosed location
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
I see they picked up from the forum that everyone wants different mirrors. Those new ones look like what many guys have purchased aftermarket.
Those rectangular mirrors look like they were rescued from the CB750/Nighthawk parts bin. They look just like the mirrors on my '93.
 
In my opinion the first version of the CB sold in Germany in 2013 shows the
most originality and give a true insight of what Hondas had in mind,
when creating this bike. All other versions with spokes wheels and so on
are more an attempt of how they could please the longing customer,
while going step by step away from their first vision. The last shown model in yellow
is a good example of how far Honda will go. And even more far away from an initial thought in future.
That's simply the way the things develop to keep themselves alive.
Wether you like it or not. And I stick to the "original one".

Wisedrum
 
I liked the original version, the DLX/EX, the black standard and both of these new ones. Whatever the minor details, they're all CB1100 underneath.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
I liked the original version, the DLX/EX, the black standard and both of these new ones. Whatever the minor details, they're all CB1100 underneath.
exactly! great to see these amazing bikes continuing...(if indeed they are).
 
Glad to (maybe) see it come back. Variety is the spice of life. Would be really fun to see about five more versions/colors of the bike at a rally ten years from now.
 
Great great great! More more more!

As the years go on, we'll have a variety of CB1100s, a larger community, and more accessories and aftermarket parts! And if you don't like the look of the bike from a certain year, get a different one!
 
Wisedrum_imp said:
In my opinion the first version of the CB sold in Germany in 2013 shows the
most originality and give a true insight of what Hondas had in mind,
when creating this bike. All other versions with spokes wheels and so on
are more an attempt of how they could please the longing customer,
while going step by step away from their first vision. The last shown model in yellow
is a good example of how far Honda will go. And even more far away from an initial thought in future.
That's simply the way the things develop to keep themselves alive.
Wether you like it or not. And I stick to the "original one".

Wisedrum
Sorry my friend. The '13 is not "the original one". The '10 is.

Cheers
 
thanks Django, let us know what they say.
 
I think they listen to their bottom line. Based on the Forum chatter about what people have paid for new bikes vs the suggested retail, Honda has taken a beating on these in the states. I have yet to see any discounting on Ducati Scramblers or R9T's and in my opinion the CB is superior to the Scranbler and maybe equal (quality wise) to the R9T at 15K. I am not wild about the new styling, but for honda to sell these they need to keep an eye on the competitions styling. I had an opportunity to pop into a BMW dealer in Asheville the other day while the Mrs was in the PO and they had a R9T with a polished tank and brown leather seat, it was very sharp.
 
Thread starter
Honda may, finally, be taking a page out of Triumph's book, and producing enough variants of the CB...and perhaps a wider range of accessories...in order to keep it fresh, while not really re-designing an already fine platform.

With the Bonneville, over the last 15 years, there are colors and stripes and sub- models and 'special editions' that mask the fact that only incremental changes have been made to the bike. And that's likely what keeps it near the top of Triumph's sales chart world wide.

The yellow and 'ton-up' versions of the CB are welcomed, if not loved. Hope Honda keeps it going.
 
Back
Top