The CB lives!

Capo

Road warrior
Thread starter
Well, folks, it looks like our beloved CB1100 will return to the Honda model line. Not a lot of detail, and for that matter, changes appear to be cosmetic, but here's the first indication that the CB lives on: Honda Concept CB revealed
 
interesting. Spoke wheels , no abs ring, chrome headlight bucket and instrument covers, rectangular mirrors, polished master cylinders, silver head, black cylinder and block, 4 into 2 (dlx) pipes, different tank, different seat, different air box, different rear tail light..and still no RLETs

the café model has blacked out treatment, ABS, remote reservoir rear shocks, bar end mirrors, café seat, custom pipes
 
I like the spoke wheel addition and the smaller taillight. Not wild about the 2 tone engine, should be one way or the other. Tank is interesting with the dents, maybe looks to much like other current bikes. Would look real sharp with matching side covers and bucket.
 
I actually think the current EX looks better than that. Not sure about the tank shape they have done there. On the other hand, the fact that they are showing a new iteration of the bike we all love is a good sign...

9ec885cf48f4da41de86483ea4c212a1.png
 
I'm glad there bringing it back, good for the market and this site. Do you think they read and listen to forum chatter??

We'll Honda this is what I want. Larger fuel tank ( 5Gal) more compression and hotter cams /// increase HP to 105-110 ATRW 17" tires with wider front and rear rims for a larger tire choice. (like your 1st concept) 3 way suspension tuning. Oh, and take out the limiter and save us 350 bucks.

This is one of the best handling UJM's I've ever ridden. It would carve a line much better than ZRX1200 with better central weight distribution.
 
The tank looks like the tank on the 94 & 95 CB1000, better know as the "Big One". It also looks like the tank on the CB1300 which was sold in Europe. At least one of these models will have to have ABS so it can be sold in Europe. I also wish for wider front and rear tires.
 
CIP57_imp said:
I'm glad there bringing it back, good for the market and this site. Do you think they read and listen to forum chatter??

We'll Honda this is what I want. Larger fuel tank ( 5Gal) more compression and hotter cams /// increase HP to 105-110 ATRW 17" tires with wider front and rear rims for a larger tire choice. (like your 1st concept) 3 way suspension tuning. Oh, and take out the limiter and save us 350 bucks.

This is one of the best handling UJM's I've ever ridden. It would carve a line much better than ZRX1200 with better central weight distribution.
It never was gone, it was just not exported anymore to the USA. It's still continued in Japan and Europe.

The new concept bike does not mean, it will be exported to USA again, I'm afraid.

We'll see.
 
Django..are you saying there was a 2015 model imported to Europe? We have no eveidence of that. The only 2015 I know of was a special edition ex with mags for Japan
 
Ferret, to me the rear tail light and turn signals look like Japanese size lights. If it makes it here I would imagine it will have the DOT approved big stuff. I am not a fan of spoke wheels, but I like the yellow one. I'm keeping my '13 though.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Django..are you saying there was a 2015 model imported to Europe? We have no eveidence of that. The only 2015 I know of was a special edition ex with mags for Japan
Ferret, I don't know, if there was much difference to the 2014 model. However, the CB1100EX is part of the 2015 model catalog of Honda Germany:
Germany - German

On that page, on the top left, there is the menu entry `Modelle', in that you can select `Naked/Allrounder' and there you find the CB1100EX beside the other currently offered models.

I'd say, you can go to any German Honda dealer and order it. They still produce this bike.
70f5729419feaf4dda22696ea7010a07.jpeg


CB 1000 1994-1996 (from riders magazine):
a29ff49100476d4554e810d1284b2b10.jpg
 
Do the forum a favor. Next time you ride past a Honda dealer stop in and ask if there are any 15 model CB1100's or if they are still ordering 14 models. If indeed there are 15s, those would be the only European 15s I have heard of and I will update the History section of the forum
 
I see they picked up from the forum that everyone wants different mirrors. Those new ones look like what many guys have purchased aftermarket.
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
I see they picked up from the forum that everyone wants different mirrors. Those new ones look like what many guys have purchased aftermarket.
For me I think round ones would look better... :-/
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
I see they picked up from the forum that everyone wants different mirrors. Those new ones look like what many guys have purchased aftermarket.
For me I think round ones would look better... :-/
For me I think round ones would look better... :-/
Me, too, but to each their own. I like to see what others have done to their bikes, but mine is staying (mostly) stock. It's what I fell in love with. :heart:
 
ClassicVW_imp said:
I'm more excited about the black café version at the bottom of the page.

(tried to copy the photo here but it didn't work)
They make you work for the photo, here you go

 
Back
Top