The bikes of Huatulco, Mexico

The ferret_imp said:
At my local shop today i saw one of the Honda XR 150L dual sports assembled in Mexico. It has a carb. Salesman said it was hard to start and ran didnt run very well. Was priced reasonably though, at $3k, and it looked good.
I think it's made at a factory in Mexico that's a joint venture with a Chinese company to produce it. I recall M in SC bought one and likes his.
 
The owner of that bike reads this forum and has studied the Cormanus method of header maintenance.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
The owner of that bike reads this forum and has studied the Cormanus method of header maintenance.
Perhaps exceeded headmaster's expectations?

= = =

Hey, look! A Gold Wing and some idle HDs in Huatulco ...



[Mexico]
 
Very fun photos, neat to see all the varieties. Outside of the western U.S., I'm mainly familiar with Mexico and Costa Rica when it comes to motorcycle riding. I think it's interesting to see how certain factors seemingly add up in favor of smaller displacement bikes that are used year round:

1) the warmer weather 2) economics 3) mountainous geography that includes roads both paved and not--to areas one really needs to get to, 4) the ability of motorcycles to weave their way through dense city traffic, 5) and in Costa Rica at least, the relatively short distances one travels. You don't need a large displacement bike to "gobble of the miles" so to speak at 75mph+. There are very few long stretches to gobble up.

Every now and then, I'll see a pack of BMW or Harley riders from San José (the capital) blast through the area I frequent in Costa Rica (near small town Dominical along the pacific side), or maybe some long distance foreign riders from the the north or south...and it's simply jarring to suddenly see these massive machines once you're acclimated to the 50-200cc bikes that you see nearly exclusively.

My wife and I are about 2 years away from setting up shop in Costa Rica to return to her roots...we've built a small house in the jungle and...

...AND WE WANT VISITORS!

Your view from the terrace:
495ce7138b1477097b00c157f52ce2ae.jpg


Your ride to the beach:
e8be0274b125722e6eeaa90731d59344.jpg


Your ride to other places:
76a1db891ca3c9612728a455d51808cc.jpg


4e6ce21a4e5ff54da0fd43aa979df498.jpg


Well, similar bike as I sold the lil' CGL125. Mine will be a "huge" Suzuki DR650 that I purchased a year ago. I've been prepping it for life in CR, and hopefully I'll have another dual purpose bike in the garage, a small displacement 125-200cc as an extra for guests...maybe one of those "Italikas" that Gold has presented here.

So...keep me in mind. I'll get lonely for motorcycle company there, but it's time for my wife to enjoy her family and culture again. She wants to run a 3rd bedroom as an Air-bnb, but CB1100 forum members stay for free...as long as you bring me spare parts that I can't find in CR, or an Amazon purchase, or my favorite peanut butter (Adams crunchy).
 
Thread starter
pdedse_imp said:
Very fun photos, neat to see all the varieties. Outside of the western U.S., I'm mainly familiar with Mexico and Costa Rica when it comes to motorcycle riding. I think it's interesting to see how certain factors seemingly add up in favor of smaller displacement bikes that are used year round:

1) the warmer weather 2) economics 3) mountainous geography that includes roads both paved and not--to areas one really needs to get to, 4) the ability of motorcycles to weave their way through dense city traffic, 5) and in Costa Rica at least, the relatively short distances one travels. You don't need a large displacement bike to "gobble of the miles" so to speak at 75mph+. There are very few long stretches to gobble up.

Every now and then, I'll see a pack of BMW or Harley riders from San José (the capital) blast through the area I frequent in Costa Rica (near small town Dominical along the pacific side), or maybe some long distance foreign riders from the the north or south...and it's simply jarring to suddenly see these massive machines once you're acclimated to the 50-200cc bikes that you see nearly exclusively.

My wife and I are about 2 years away from setting up shop in Costa Rica to return to her roots...we've built a small house in the jungle and...

...AND WE WANT VISITORS!

Your view from the terrace:
495ce7138b1477097b00c157f52ce2ae.jpg


Your ride to the beach:
e8be0274b125722e6eeaa90731d59344.jpg


Your ride to other places:
76a1db891ca3c9612728a455d51808cc.jpg


4e6ce21a4e5ff54da0fd43aa979df498.jpg


Well, similar bike as I sold the lil' CGL125. Mine will be a "huge" Suzuki DR650 that I purchased a year ago. I've been prepping it for life in CR, and hopefully I'll have another dual purpose bike in the garage, a small displacement 125-200cc as an extra for guests...maybe one of those "Italikas" that Gold has presented here.

So...keep me in mind. I'll get lonely for motorcycle company there, but it's time for my wife to enjoy her family and culture again. She wants to run a 3rd bedroom as an Air-bnb, but CB1100 forum members stay for free...as long as you bring me spare parts that I can't find in CR, or an Amazon purchase, or my favorite peanut butter (Adams crunchy).
If I set-up in Huatulco, Mexico - then I will come down to visit.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
Very fun photos, neat to see all the varieties. Outside of the western U.S., I'm mainly familiar with Mexico and Costa Rica when it comes to motorcycle riding. I think it's interesting to see how certain factors seemingly add up in favor of smaller displacement bikes that are used year round:

1) the warmer weather 2) economics 3) mountainous geography that includes roads both paved and not--to areas one really needs to get to, 4) the ability of motorcycles to weave their way through dense city traffic, 5) and in Costa Rica at least, the relatively short distances one travels. You don't need a large displacement bike to "gobble of the miles" so to speak at 75mph+. There are very few long stretches to gobble up.

Every now and then, I'll see a pack of BMW or Harley riders from San José (the capital) blast through the area I frequent in Costa Rica (near small town Dominical along the pacific side), or maybe some long distance foreign riders from the the north or south...and it's simply jarring to suddenly see these massive machines once you're acclimated to the 50-200cc bikes that you see nearly exclusively.

My wife and I are about 2 years away from setting up shop in Costa Rica to return to her roots...we've built a small house in the jungle and...

...AND WE WANT VISITORS!

Your view from the terrace:
495ce7138b1477097b00c157f52ce2ae.jpg


Your ride to the beach:
e8be0274b125722e6eeaa90731d59344.jpg


Your ride to other places:
76a1db891ca3c9612728a455d51808cc.jpg


4e6ce21a4e5ff54da0fd43aa979df498.jpg


Well, similar bike as I sold the lil' CGL125. Mine will be a "huge" Suzuki DR650 that I purchased a year ago. I've been prepping it for life in CR, and hopefully I'll have another dual purpose bike in the garage, a small displacement 125-200cc as an extra for guests...maybe one of those "Italikas" that Gold has presented here.

So...keep me in mind. I'll get lonely for motorcycle company there, but it's time for my wife to enjoy her family and culture again. She wants to run a 3rd bedroom as an Air-bnb, but CB1100 forum members stay for free...as long as you bring me spare parts that I can't find in CR, or an Amazon purchase, or my favorite peanut butter (Adams crunchy).
If I set-up in Huatulco, Mexico - then I will come down to visit.
If I set-up in Huatulco, Mexico - then I will come down to visit.
Oh, please, as in por favor please and not sarcastic please...let it happen.

5a2cbc7be1eb861d9bca92b49ca41f1d.jpg


My car-driven route was more the 38 hour one depicted above. If you ride from Huatulco, I think it would be 4 days / 3 nights. To do that right, better 3 weeks. Make it happen! You will have nothing better to do...neither will I...:biker:
 
Back
Top