The bikes of Huatulco, Mexico

Looks like either: there are no instruments, or they're removable.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Honda XRE 300 ...



[Mexico]
2c8c8a0d96ef1aad226364e6720f2d32.jpg


Wonder how much the owner charges per day?
 
Thread starter
pdedse_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Honda XRE 300 ...



[Mexico]
2c8c8a0d96ef1aad226364e6720f2d32.jpg


Wonder how much the owner charges per day?
fa73d09e3441311f123f7cdcb38dd7a7.jpg


Wonder how much the owner charges per day?
One location was asking about 800 pesos a day, including minimal insurance for 125 cc class.

To put that into perspective, a small car with critical air conditioning was about 900 a day.

In terms of $U.S., about $45 and $50, respectively.
 
I'm afraid I would have to rent one for that kinda money, just so I could say I'd ridden in Mexico.
 
Thanks for the glimpse into another culture. It’s like my cousin showing me pictures of cars when she came back from Cuba.

Still sorta wished I had snuck back a little Honda CG last time I was down there. Wouldn’t have been noticed in the mountain of parts and tools in the back of the truck.
 
GO, thank you for sharing these pictures. It is a fun introduction to life in Mexico. We had our honeymoon long ago in Ixtapa, on the Pacific coast and the scenery and people were wonderful.
Also, I am reminded of when I was a young Airman in the early sixties at Travis, AFB, California. We had frequent Air Evacuation flights from Tachikawa, Japan and the medics occassionally brought back small motorbikes on the plane. A much simpler time.
 
No GO are you just on vaca/work? Or are you checking out the areas to maybe purchase a winter getaway? :)
 
Thread starter
Ollie_imp said:
No GO are you just on vaca/work? Or are you checking out the areas to maybe purchase a winter getaway? :)
Vacation.

I typically rent a bike when in MX. Due to an unexpected family priority, I did not this time around, but instead captured bikes of riders while there. Would have been interesting trying a Vento model for a ride.
 
"Would have been interesting trying a Vento model for a ride."

I agree !
 
Thread starter
Alain Lee_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
No worries Ferret. I have enough to go around.

A late model Honda GL150 ...
O
Is that a Givi top box?
That is very common in Huatulco, Mexico. People use motorcycles to support their livelihood.

= = =

Here is another Huatulco example owned by a Canadian comrade:

Suzuki GN125F ...



[Mexico]
 
Thread starter
Nachodaddy_imp said:
GoldOxide. I am really enjoying these Mexican bikes. Thanks!
Thanks Nach. Hopefully I can dig some more up. I might need to dig into the videos, which usually means lower grade snaps.

= = =

I'll add a bit of context to these images. These bikes are everywhere. Most parked on the streets in the blazing hot sun, high humidity (minimum 80%), and it can be dusty. I rarely saw joy riders. These people went to work, delivered goods, or moved their families on this basic mode of transportation. The second most visible vehicle was the taxi - typically a Toyota or Nissan sub-compact car.
 
Back
Top