The All-Time Most Beautiful Bike Award

Papa Weeley_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Like many of you - especially those in my age range ;) - I've had a lot of bikes over the years. Some were small in size and displacement, some were large brutes, some were amazingly fast, some were incredible handlers, some were technological wonders, some I bought just because I liked the way they looked, and some just happened to be all I could afford at the time...but I don't think I've ever owned another bike as achingly beautiful as this CB.
The overall design, the beauty of that paint, the quality of the finish of, well, everything. It's. Just. Gorgeous.
I often find myself just staring at it, drinking in its lines, the lustre, the contrast of the paint or fender and the rougher engine metal, the complementary effect of the stainless steel and chrome against the black details and red bodywork...well, maybe I'm getting a bit overly dramatic here, but you get the idea.
And based on the glowing posts I've read here, I'm betting that I'm not the only one that feels this way... :cool:

Not the best pic, but good enough to keep me company when I'm at the office :D :
 
I'm in...gorgeous motorcycle :thumbsup:
 
The Honda designers said in their video: (insert Japanese accent here) "the CB owner will enjoy looking at his motorcycle."

Say, didja ever consider using "Papa Wheelie" for a Nom de Plume?
 
Very nice Papa Weeley. I just came home from a Birthday party, went straight to the garage and drank in about 10 minutes of CB before retiring to a whiskey and a Brewer game. Life is good.:heart:
 
I was smitten the first time I saw a picture of the CB in an American bike magazine in 2013. In fact, when I bought mine last April I still hadn't seen one in the flesh - so to speak.
I told this story before, but I just happened to be at the dealer the day they arrived and I bought one sight unseen.
The glowing reports about the bike over the past year were enough. After all, it's a Honda isn't it :celebrate:
When I choose a vehicle it has to make me smile every time I look at it and the CB is no exception. From the looks and remarks when I'm out on it, others obviously feel the same way.
Whatever "it" is, this bike has "it."
 
Our CB1100 is certainly the most beautiful motorcycle made today. We can thank its "grand-daddy" as to where it inherited its good looks.
This 1969 CB750 was my daily rider a dozen years ago.
 


736cc's picture
 
I think my CB1100 is a good looking motorcycle, but most beautiful bike of all time? In my humble opinion, there are dozens of bikes that are much better looking. You should come over and take a look at my 1969 Triumph Bonneville T120R or my '76 CB750. How about a Vincent Black Shadow? Or one of my all-time favorites; a Ducati 750GT. (neither of which I own :()

However, I am glad that you find the CB1100 the most beautiful bike, especially since you own one! Hmmm... Guess it's time for a trip to the shop for a cup of coffee and a long look...
 
Thread starter
Tripod_imp said:
I think my CB1100 is a good looking motorcycle, but most beautiful bike of all time? In my humble opinion, there are dozens of bikes that are much better looking. You should come over and take a look at my 1969 Triumph Bonneville T120R or my '76 CB750. How about a Vincent Black Shadow? Or one of my all-time favorites; a Ducati 750GT. (neither of which I own :()

However, I am glad that you find the CB1100 the most beautiful bike, especially since you own one! Hmmm... Guess it's time for a trip to the shop for a cup of coffee and a long look...
I guess I didn't make it clear enough: the most beautiful bike I'VE owned. ;)
Even in my own humble opinion, I'd have to say that there are plenty of others over the years that I haven't owned that could arguably take that overall prize.
The Spaceman_imp said:
The Honda designers said in their video: (insert Japanese accent here) "the CB owner will enjoy looking at his motorcycle."

Say, didja ever consider using "Papa Wheelie" for a Nom de Plume?
LOL
 
I totally agree with everything you said. I just get a great big smile on my face whenever I go out to the garage and see it parked there, and I want to take it out every time I see it. Unfortunately, we're coming into the "hell" phase of the summer here in Phoenix, so the only practical time to get out for a pleasure ride is very early in the a.m. to avoid the heat. Ugh.
 
Sue, here in San Antonio we get inverse riding seasons as well. To my knowledge, Phoenix is one of the very few places that manages to be hotter and drier! I just used my lunch hour to go for a ride and when in motion all is well, but a mile of stop-and-go was brutal! Serves me right for trying to pleasure-ride right before a holiday!

The CB1100, to me, is a special bike. I couldn't dump that Shadow fast enough, and only partially because they're a dime a dozen. I don't see myself ever parting with this bike; just the right amount of beauty and power.
 
Summer time is bummer time for riding, LOL. When we first started riding we'd go out in the afternoon heat and just suffer with it, try all kind of cooling vests, ice in the helmet, etc. One particularly hot afternoon in August Russ had a fairly serious case of heat exhaustion, bordering on heat stroke. It was so bad I was going to leave him at a Circle K in the shade with ice and water and go home to get the car but he insisted on riding home. About 5 more miles and he was weaving all over the road and his head was bobbing, scared me to death! He still insisted on riding home and I wanted to call 911. When we got home he just crawled in bed (at around 5:00 p.m.) and stayed there until the next morning. He should have at least cooled his body temperature down in a cold bath or shower but he wouldn't do it.

We don't ride in the afternoons anymore like that. That was pretty scary, and the heat in the Arizona desert is nothing to mess around with as we learned the hard way. Ever since that episode he can't tolerate the heat like he used to. That was bad news.
 
Papa Weeley_imp said:
Tripod_imp said:
I think my CB1100 is a good looking motorcycle, but most beautiful bike of all time? In my humble opinion, there are dozens of bikes that are much better looking. You should come over and take a look at my 1969 Triumph Bonneville T120R or my '76 CB750. How about a Vincent Black Shadow? Or one of my all-time favorites; a Ducati 750GT. (neither of which I own :()

However, I am glad that you find the CB1100 the most beautiful bike, especially since you own one! Hmmm... Guess it's time for a trip to the shop for a cup of coffee and a long look...
I guess I didn't make it clear enough: the most beautiful bike I'VE owned. ;)
Even in my own humble opinion, I'd have to say that there are plenty of others over the years that I haven't owned that could arguably take that overall prize.
The Spaceman_imp said:
The Honda designers said in their video: (insert Japanese accent here) "the CB owner will enjoy looking at his motorcycle."

Say, didja ever consider using "Papa Wheelie" for a Nom de Plume?
LOL
I'm shocked and dismayed that no one has thought to mention one of Honda's finest:

3956b08a725d556189769b6cbe9cec70.jpg


Is this the same company that designed and created the CB1100?
 
Thread starter
Ha! I got a chill just looking at that!
Holy crap, what an abomination.
shysue2_imp said:
I totally agree with everything you said. I just get a great big smile on my face whenever I go out to the garage and see it parked there, and I want to take it out every time I see it. Unfortunately, we're coming into the "hell" phase of the summer here in Phoenix, so the only practical time to get out for a pleasure ride is very early in the a.m. to avoid the heat. Ugh.
Out here in the Palm Springs-ish area, at this time of year, we're pretty close to what you're dealing with in Phoenix, too. Early mornings are it these days, and even then, it tends to be a pretty short ride. Can't wait for October. :s
 
Well, I think my Triumph Explorer is safe from being in contention.

As one of my co-workers (a Harley rider) said, "Boy...uh...that's a face only a mother could love!" :D
 
Styling is just so subjective but I just get off on standards period of any make. I personally think the 14 CB1100 DLX is the best looking motorcycle I have ever laid my eyes on but thats me. Different strokes for different folks. I hardly ever see any standards in my area.
 
Back
Top