The 2014's are here?

dave

Road warrior
Thread starter
Gentlemen. I was told from a reliable source that the 2014 models are available at Simi Valley Honda, in California. Does anybody else know if the 2014's have hit their dealer showroom floors yet?
 
Thread starter
I just shot Simi Valley an email to verify. Probably won't hear back till tomorrow...
[/QUOTE]

Check out Simi valley Honda web site.
 
Dave_imp said:
I just shot Simi Valley an email to verify. Probably won't hear back till tomorrow...

Check out Simi valley Honda web site.
[/QUOTE]
I did. Didn't find anything except for pictures of a 2013 and the notation that the 2014's would be arriving soon. Did you see something I didn't?
 
Thread starter
Damfino_imp said:
Dave_imp said:
I just shot Simi Valley an email to verify. Probably won't hear back till tomorrow...

Check out Simi valley Honda web site.
I did. Didn't find anything except for pictures of a 2013 and the notation that the 2014's would be arriving soon. Did you see something I didn't?
[/QUOTE]
I did. Didn't find anything except for pictures of a 2013 and the notation that the 2014's would be arriving soon. Did you see something I didn't?
Did you see this on their home page: "The new models are coming in already and they are better than ever. On the motorcycle side we have a few key updates to our CB1100F retro standard,"
 
They haven't made it to Cincinnati yet :(
 
They may be talking about other models (released and announced much earlier than the CB) arriving and the CB's are still in transit.
 
Dave_imp said:
Damfino_imp said:
Dave_imp said:
I just shot Simi Valley an email to verify. Probably won't hear back till tomorrow...

Check out Simi valley Honda web site.
I did. Didn't find anything except for pictures of a 2013 and the notation that the 2014's would be arriving soon. Did you see something I didn't?
I did. Didn't find anything except for pictures of a 2013 and the notation that the 2014's would be arriving soon. Did you see something I didn't?
Did you see this on their home page: "The new models are coming in already and they are better than ever. On the motorcycle side we have a few key updates to our CB1100F retro standard,"
[/QUOTE]
Huh?
 
Here's the reply I got to my email....


Not yet Jay, I can email you when they arrive if you like though.

Joe

> On Mar 5, 2014, at 7:38 PM, wrote:
>
> Any chance you guys got these in yet?
 
Thread starter
Damfino_imp said:
Here's the reply I got to my email....


Not yet Jay, I can email you when they arrive if you like though.

Joe

> On Mar 5, 2014, at 7:38 PM, wrote:
>
> Any chance you guys got these in yet?
I guess my reliable source wasn't too reliable! Sorry.
 
For what it's worth, a few days ago I called the dealer here in the Twin Cities that has my deposit and asked what sort of delivery date they were anticipating for my Deluxe. The Sales Manager told me that they ordered it in early-February and that new models typically take about 3 months to arrive. Thus, he said to expect early-May-ish. He also warned me that this was just a guess based on experience and that they can, and occasionally DO, show up much earlier... or much later. So... like I said... "for what it's worth"... which is very little. :)

Having said that, I wonder if, due to a shorter riding season, some manufacturers ship to places like MN a bit later than others. Just a thought based on nothing whatsoever.
 
I just ordered my 2014 CB today
and was in the room when the dealer called for a delivery date. They were told May.
 
Congrats Hedstrom and welcome to the forum.

man I certainly hope not :(
 
May works for me. With the winter that MN is having, I probably won't be able to ride much before than anyway. Having the CB sitting in the garage and not being able to ride would probably put me I'm the looney bin.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I will tell you what I think, they are all full of crap, they are so up the ass with 2013 models, that they are holding back to try to figure out how to unload them! Cant get a straight answer from anyone...
 
ss2wheels_imp said:
I will tell you what I think, they are all full of crap, they are so up the ass with 2013 models, that they are holding back to try to figure out how to unload them! Cant get a straight answer from anyone...

Temper, temper!!....I think somebody forgot their Geritol today! :D:D
 
Well just think about it, alot of dealers have unsold 13s on the floor, with the nice changes to the 14s they could be stuck with them for a long time! Just sayin....
 
ss2wheels_imp said:
Well just think about it, alot of dealers have unsold 13s on the floor, with the nice changes to the 14s they could be stuck with them for a long time! Just sayin....
That' not unusual and not unique to the CB11. Most dealers have previous year's leftovers when the new models hit the floor. The bargain hunters will have a choice between a discounted '13 or a more expensive '14.

My local dealer doesn't seem to be concerned. They have a '13 ABS model that they're still listing for MSRP (although their non-ABS is discounted $950 off MSRP).
 
Back
Top