The 2014's are here?

G'day Joel. Welcome from Australia and congratulations on the new bike. Looks fantastic. :)
 
avsbezzy_imp said:
CB4ME_imp said:
You might be the first person in the States! Congrats and welcome. Please send us more pictures and enjoy the new ride!!!!!
Cool! I will post comments and pics for sure.
Cool! I will post comments and pics for sure. Looking forward to it and congratulations!
 
Wow doesn't look like much assembly is required.
 
yes, some peeling, installing mirror, add oil in the engine, multi point inspections, fueling, test ride and that's it...
2.3 miles on the ODO when I took delivery.
Built Date; 01/2014.
 
Congratulations Joel... the bike looks terrific!! And welcome to the forum too... I think I read that you're new here. You landed in a good place. Please take a lot of pictures, but more importantly give us a flavor for how she rides, what the 6th gear feels like, how she feels etc.. There's a fair amount of us that are excited to be trading our 13's for the 14... we've read the reports, seen the photos, but no ones actually ridden one. And we're dying to find out... Also, without stepping on Ferrets or Guths toes...make sure you fill in the registry with the date purchased, the last few digits of the vin number, etc. Good job and WELCOME! :biker:
 
Joel you saw the dealer put in engine oil? Because that is a question we have discussed several times, whether the bike comes with break in oil or whether the dealer puts drum oil in it.

Also next time you are out for a ride..see how many rpms the bike is turning at say 60 mph in 5 th and 60 in 6 th.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Joel you saw the dealer put in engine oil? Because that is a question we have discussed several times, whether the bike comes with break in oil or whether the dealer puts drum oil in it.

Also next time you are out for a ride..see how many rpms the bike is turning at say 60 mph in 5 th and 60 in 6 th.
I saw a box in the crate big enough to contain 4 liters of oil and 2 mirrors. may brake fluid...not sure. I trust Riva for their knowledge. I did check the oil level before I left the dealership though. For me it will be new filter and oil at 200 miles ridden normally. No red zone.
new oil and filter at 500 miles. All regular oil non synthetic.
100 % Synthetic mobil 1 or Castrol Syntec after 1000 to 1500 miles.
I usually break in the bikes on the harder side.
 
Welcome, Joel, and congratulations!

avsbezzy_imp said:
Here it is still in the crate at Riva warehouse on Monday 24th.
ed4bc28be3b17a473dc801de5f62c79f.jpg


I love stuff like this photo in the crate. Love it!!
 
Back in the day when we got new bikes in the handle bars had to go on. The front wheel (I think we added oil) and mirrors. There was a styrofoam top that held most of the bits we had to install.
 
Pauley_imp said:
Davidsargee - I didn't really look close at all the details so I didn't note the sprocket cover. I only took the picture of the starboard side. I wish I had more time to really study it and sit on it and drink it all in, but I was only there to pick up my bike after a rear tire change and had to scoot.
Cool, I'm going to ride over to my dealer tomorrow, maybe they will have one. I haven't been in touch with them lately. It's not a big deal, I'm just curious.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
 
Rboe_imp said:
Back in the day when we got new bikes in the handle bars had to go on. The front wheel (I think we added oil) and mirrors. There was a styrofoam top that held most of the bits we had to install.
Agreed. I bought my CB750 when it was still in the crate and it needed a lot of assembly. The crates were a lot shorter than the one shown above, due to the front wheel and bars being removed. Back then the dealer actually earned their assembly charge. It took about two hours to bolt it all together, fill the fluids and inspect.
 
Here's mine in the crate almost exactly one year ago. The CB just hit 7.000 miles last weekend. Not as much as I used to do, but not bad considering my injuries etc. I hope to double that in 2014.
 
New here and just came home on a brand new CB1100 Deluxe :D.
I did not preorder - just got lucky. One showed up and I got it. I love it. It sure rides nice!!!
 
JetA_imp said:
New here and just came home on a brand new CB1100 Deluxe :D.
I did not preorder - just got lucky. One showed up and I got it. I love it. It sure rides nice!!!
Man, you can't do that to us...where the hell is the picture? :D
 
Scoobynut_imp said:
JetA_imp said:
New here and just came home on a brand new CB1100 Deluxe :D.
I did not preorder - just got lucky. One showed up and I got it. I love it. It sure rides nice!!!
Man, you can't do that to us...where the hell is the picture? :D
Man, you can't do that to us...where the hell is the picture? :D
It got wet and needs a clean apparently.
 
Back
Top