That was quick

Foxcroft007_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I decided to sell (trade) my 2017 cb1100ex. I really like the bike and frankly like this forum more than many others I follow. Truly a good group here. While I won’t be riding the CB, this bike was important to me as it reminded me why I rode in the first place - see new places, connect with old friends, spend more time with my wife. All good. While I have not been an active poster I have been an avid reader and I have learned a great deal from this group. Thank you and take care.
 
Thanks for the kind words about the forum, and glad you enjoyed your time here. So what did you trade it in on? I'm guessing a Harley?
 
Thread starter
That would be an excellent guess. I’ve had Harley’s in the past. I kept looking at fairing and saddle bad options for the CB and then thought I’d just go for the full touring thing. I ended up with a 2018 Harley street glide special. I wish I had room for both.

Now I have to get rid of some items that arrive post sale such as a new fairing. Oh well.
Image of new bike. Stayed with pretty much the same color. Went from candy red to hard candy hot rod red.
 
Very pretty bike. Should be freeway comfortable.

Guess you have helmets for sale now and T shirts that aren't black? :rofl:
 
The SGS is my favorite color! Too bad you don't have room for both; I alternate riding my Harleys with my 2017 EX as they are almost polar opposites. The comfort of a Harley touring bike is hard to beat, as is the technical perfection of the EX . . .
 
Thread starter
I’m an all the gear guy so full face, jacket, gloves boots for me. I know this isn’t Harley cool but it is the way I am going to ride.

No white t-shirts but I did get a big box on Tuesday from Samuridrr. New Road Comet RC1. Sadly that will make its way to eBay.
 
He needs 12 more posts to use our classifieds.
 
Very keen to get your impressions on the bike after you have had a while. It's a looker for sure!
 
Thread starter
Perhaps. I do have brake lever and mirror as well. I’ll post on eBay but seriously I expect to continue following this forum. I really like many of the travel threads...especially those through Australia. I follow ford raptor forums which are completely juvenile and a boating forum called boating abc which is great but has lost some steam. The thing that appeals to me is the helpfulness ans community of the forum. This is a good place.
I have about 1,200 miles on it at this point. So far I like it. The ability to accessorize is amazing. It takes creativity to accessorize and customize a CB. It just takes $$ to customize the Harley.
 
Harley does an outstanding job of offering up ways to make you part with your money. One year ( 1994) my brother in law and I bought matching Harleys without telling each other. For the next 2 years it was a spending contest to see who could add the most chrome doo dads out of the accessory catalog. We both lost lol
 
Congrajulations on your new ride. The Street Gide is the one I would pick from the touring line because I like a fairing that turns with the bars as opposed to the Road Glide's frame mounted fairing. Can't beat that colour either. Hope it serves you well.
 
Foxcroft007_imp said:
That would be an excellent guess. I’ve had Harley’s in the past. I kept looking at fairing and saddle bad options for the CB and then thought I’d just go for the full touring thing. I ended up with a 2018 Harley street glide special. I wish I had room for both.

Now I have to get rid of some items that arrive post sale such as a new fairing. Oh well.
Image of new bike. Stayed with pretty much the same color. Went from candy red to hard candy hot rod red.
Boy, you really have to give HD credit for knowing how to spice up a paint color name. Hopefully you'll stick around and let everyone here know how you're getting along with the new ride. Enjoy!
 
Back
Top