Thanks RandyB!

PowderToastMan_imp

Been there
Thread starter
RandyB just PM'd me asking if I wanted to ride so I took him up on it.
Just a mellow jaunt through the hills on the edge of town. We must have done about 30 miles together total, maybe a little less.

I almost dropped my bike pulling off to the side to stop; ran into a little bit of gravel while I had the brakes on and they locked up. I let go of the brakes and re applied while putting my feet down and made the save. Next time I will pay better attention to that!

Thanks Randy for not minding that I'm a bit of a slowpoke!

I'm sure he will share some pictures soon.
 
Very cool. The first face to face meeting of 2 members? Looking forward to the pics.
 
Thread starter
Yup, I'm sure you'll get them soon! I think mostly our bikes are in the picture and not us, but I might be hovering in one of them, not so sure. We're also going to ride some more tomorrow with a guy I met on BARF.
 
AAAAAAANNNDD......

c4e83b6562d3bda56e64d85f49165953.jpg


b021b75985461ae03d0781cce565eedb.jpg


508e687349fb4520764637299b94353e.jpg

The ferret_imp said:
Whats BARF?
Bay
Area
Riders
Forum
 
Thread starter
Yup! Randy's doesn't have the crappy discoloration on the headers, though.. must be, as he said, that the anti-corrosion coating wasn't cleaned off properly?
 
CB1100 X 2... Neat!

I like how looking at the 2 bikes from different angles you can see how Honda incorporated so many visual cues to the many CB models of years gone by... a real homage to it's long, air cooled, across-the-frame 4 cylinder history.

Just a brilliant bike!

Pete C
 
And some more from today...

365c83856ef8eb34bc0f1fcae8a7b30c.jpg


5477973533d42bfbb6e5e5db01656c75.jpg


3ff49c0de0e33568e044d0a5f17cb09b.jpg


bc63cdd7fddd09317690ad06492f406b.jpg


898ce2a91644255b09564c72d9e9ac4f.jpg


4432bb06f2cf4bdd951af62947d303c4.jpg


7b828308d98d70cdd2b9e655eab007b6.jpg
 
Man thats quite a gathering of bikes.
 
It was a memoriam ride that we stumbled on for a guy that was really well liked and respected that crashed and died last year.
 
Thread starter
Yup. We got a bit of positive comments on our CBs as usual. Everybody says something like, "This is like that 750 we all wanted back in the day but couldn't afford!"
I thought the most interesting bike we saw there was this Cagiva Mito, a little Italian 125cc two-stroke. I had never seen or heard of that, definitely not a common one around here. Must be kind of hard to get parts for it.
 
Back
Top