PowerDubs_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Must feel incredible bringing back the seemingly dead.m in sc_imp said:Oh, of course i did. my biggest worry would be the tank, but that can be fixed if it hasnt turned to paper.
plan on a careful lining. hope they drained it.
few yrs ago, earlier 650:
no current pic but it now has mags, and is 90% done. My friend Davids bike, i actually gave it to him, and did the carbs etc.
frame is now powdercoated, motor looks as good as the carbs, etc. just needs some wiring and a final paint job.
This story is getting tastier.PowerDubs_imp said:Still might grab this…. Guy was supposed to be available yeaterday but was Mia.
Today he wrote and said he was busy- and can’t find the title- but will knock $50 off because of it. But my buddy was busy and can’t make it out until Sat…
Soo- if it’s still around by them, maybe I’ll bring this home w/ no title for $700.
I’ll have enough time fixing it up before I worry about it being on the road.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He sounds really sketchy. I think you dodged a bullet, my friend.PowerDubs_imp said:D***H**D sold it to someone else as 'he couldn't wait' for my buddy to be back in state this Saturday...which is a B.S. move IMO since he said he would be available for us last Sunday but then never answered any communication while we were sat here waiting with the truck and trailer.
Argh.
PowerDubs_imp said:D***H**D sold it to someone else as 'he couldn't wait' for my buddy to be back in state this Saturday...which is a B.S. move IMO since he said he would be available for us last Sunday but then never answered any communication while we were sat here waiting with the truck and trailer.
Argh.
That sounds like such a sad situation for him. Every couple has their issues, but one that I don't have is my wife's disapproval over things related to motorcycles and trips on motorcycles. She will never ride with me, and never wanted me to influence our kids towards riding, but otherwise she has a "sure, go for it" attidtude when it comes to my interest in bikes. Of course, she did increase the life insurance she has on me...Gone in 60_imp said:Looking back, the guy who sold me my CB1100 tried to back out of the deal.
I looked at the bike, we shook hands, but it was a Sunday, and I was about to leave for a week. So, bank wasn't open, I couldn't get cash until I got back home.
I left him a check deposit.
While I was away, he started thinking he might want to keep the bike after all. I came back with cash, excited to get the bike, and he started stammering a bit, saying he'd been thinking... a voice shouted from another room, his wife... "Don't listen to him. The bike is for sale. Honey, take his money, and hand him the keys."
He called me a few times after the sale, saying "If you decide you don't like it, I'll gladly buy it back!"