Tar spots

Houtman_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Looking back through the posts in this thread, one theme appears certain:

Avoid acetone-based products.

I don't see anybody referencing associated products. They will haze and/or peel finished surfaces, as well as melt plastics.
Acetone is good for removing nail polish.....
Acetone is good for removing nail polish.....
Goof-Off is really effective at removing crud, but not sure about baked-on. In any case, Goof-Off contains xylene, which is extra hazardous, and damages most surfaces except maybe glass and some metals.
 
Houtman_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Looking back through the posts in this thread, one theme appears certain:

Avoid acetone-based products.

I don't see anybody referencing associated products. They will haze and/or peel finished surfaces, as well as melt plastics.
Acetone is good for removing nail polish.....
Acetone is good for removing nail polish.....


well i use since 3 years now "Vulcanet"........without any problems for the whole bike...clean and shine in one step without water....
 
Thread starter
Aussieflyer_imp said:
I use Prepsol which is a product that is used to clean wax and oil from surfaces prior to painting. It works great.
There seem to be a few varieties of Prepsol, Aussieflyer. Which one do you use? And, do you use if everything or just getting bits of tar off?
 
alprider_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Looking back through the posts in this thread, one theme appears certain:

Avoid acetone-based products.

I don't see anybody referencing associated products. They will haze and/or peel finished surfaces, as well as melt plastics.
Acetone is good for removing nail polish.....
Acetone is good for removing nail polish.....


well i use since 3 years now "Vulcanet"........without any problems for the whole bike...clean and shine in one step without water....
Acetone is good for removing nail polish.....
well i use since 3 years now "Vulcanet"........without any problems for the whole bike...clean and shine in one step without water....
"Vulcanet Wipes Motorcycle Cleaning" appears to be engineered for motorcycles. I reckon it should be safe on related surfaces.
 
Houtman_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Looking back through the posts in this thread, one theme appears certain:

Avoid acetone-based products.

I don't see anybody referencing associated products. They will haze and/or peel finished surfaces, as well as melt plastics.
Acetone is good for removing nail polish.....
Acetone is good for removing nail polish.....
Ha! Good one! :D

Here in the UK, Swarfega is a first-go-to for me, then other products/methods if that doesn't work. Again, avoid the "Orange" version with "grit" in.
 
Thread starter
Houtman_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Looking back through the posts in this thread, one theme appears certain:

Avoid acetone-based products.

I don't see anybody referencing associated products. They will haze and/or peel finished surfaces, as well as melt plastics.
Acetone is good for removing nail polish.....
Houtman, we're still waiting for a picture of the said nail polish!
 
Houtman_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Looking back through the posts in this thread, one theme appears certain:

Avoid acetone-based products.

I don't see anybody referencing associated products. They will haze and/or peel finished surfaces, as well as melt plastics.
Acetone is good for removing nail polish.....
Don't spill acetone-based products on your CB enameled surfaces. You'll be sorry. :(
Cormanus_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Looking back through the posts in this thread, one theme appears certain:

Avoid acetone-based products.

I don't see anybody referencing associated products. They will haze and/or peel finished surfaces, as well as melt plastics.
Acetone is good for removing nail polish.....
Houtman, we're still waiting for a picture of the said nail polish!
Houtman, we're still waiting for a picture of the said nail polish!
Maybe a pic of Houtman applying it?
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Looking back through the posts in this thread, one theme appears certain:

Avoid acetone-based products.

I don't see anybody referencing associated products. They will haze and/or peel finished surfaces, as well as melt plastics.
Acetone is good for removing nail polish.....
Don't spill acetone-based products on your CB enameled surfaces. You'll be sorry. :(
Cormanus_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Looking back through the posts in this thread, one theme appears certain:

Avoid acetone-based products.

I don't see anybody referencing associated products. They will haze and/or peel finished surfaces, as well as melt plastics.
Acetone is good for removing nail polish.....
Houtman, we're still waiting for a picture of the said nail polish!
Houtman, we're still waiting for a picture of the said nail polish!
Maybe a pic of Houtman applying it?
Don't spill acetone-based products on your CB enameled surfaces. You'll be sorry. :(
Cormanus_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Looking back through the posts in this thread, one theme appears certain:

Avoid acetone-based products.

I don't see anybody referencing associated products. They will haze and/or peel finished surfaces, as well as melt plastics.
Acetone is good for removing nail polish.....
Houtman, we're still waiting for a picture of the said nail polish!
Houtman, we're still waiting for a picture of the said nail polish!
Maybe a pic of Houtman applying it?
+1 ^^, please :)
 
Thread starter
Houtman_imp said:
I do NOT paint my finger nails , my wife does it for me …..
We can still have a picture, can't we?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
I do NOT paint my finger nails , my wife does it for me …..
We can still have a picture, can't we?
We can still have a picture, can't we?
Houtman_imp said:
You can see some of the pictures in adults only magazines , no freebies here.....
WOW, can you tell us which magazine and on what page..'cuz have no time and money to view them all...:angel:
:)
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
I do NOT paint my finger nails , my wife does it for me …..
We can still have a picture, can't we?
We can still have a picture, can't we?
peterbaron_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
I do NOT paint my finger nails , my wife does it for me …..
We can still have a picture, can't we?
We can still have a picture, can't we?
Houtman_imp said:
You can see some of the pictures in adults only magazines , no freebies here.....
WOW, can you tell us which magazine and on what page..'cuz have no time and money to view them all...:angel:
:)
We can still have a picture, can't we?
Houtman_imp said:
You can see some of the pictures in adults only magazines , no freebies here.....
WOW, can you tell us which magazine and on what page..'cuz have no time and money to view them all...:angel:
:)
Houtman_imp said:
I thought you already had all those magazines...
so far so good, no need'em and this is why I asked for that specific one, you are in, ....as advertised :P
:D
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
I do NOT paint my finger nails , my wife does it for me …..
We can still have a picture, can't we?
We can still have a picture, can't we?
Houtman_imp said:
You can see some of the pictures in adults only magazines , no freebies here.....
WOW, can you tell us which magazine and on what page..'cuz have no time and money to view them all...:angel:
:)
We can still have a picture, can't we?
Houtman_imp said:
You can see some of the pictures in adults only magazines , no freebies here.....
WOW, can you tell us which magazine and on what page..'cuz have no time and money to view them all...:angel:
:)
:rofl:
 
Back
Top