Cormanus_imp said:
Forum member chync put a 2017 tank on a 2014 (I assume it was the standard), so it ought, theoretically, to go on the 2013.
I think Its Done
Otherwise, peterbaron will probably drop in and tell you how he put a larger capacity tank on his 2013 and 2014. His looks the same as the 2013 bike, but is larger.
Yeap, thank you Cormanus..
In my case, '13 tank was replaced with OEM/16.8 L of almost identical shape, and I used the same fuel pump assy/gasket with a 3 pin flat/rectangular connector as well as the gas cap. Part was ordered through Samurider/Takashi
When I bought my '14 model CB, I transferred 16.8 L tank to it, and I had to use original ('14) fuel pump assy with a 4 pin square connector.
Mechanically, as far as tank, pump assy/gasket and gas cap are concerned = perfect fitment. Fuel gauge operates perfectly, and never ran out of gas.
As to '17 tank fitment is concerned for your '14 model, it should be OK.
You will have to buy a new gas cap and may need locksmith engineering involvement to code tumblers in order to use your '13 OEM key, otherwise, you will need a separate key for your gas cap.
I cannot advise you as far as the fuel pump assy is concerned, as I do not have any electrical diagram of '17 model, but assuming what Chync did , your conversion seems to be successful. Ask him.
Hope this clarifies your doubt.
Good luck with your project, provide feedback and pics when completed, please or it never happened.
^This OEM 16.8 L tank that is presently mounted on my '14, was previously with '13 CB
......................................
'13 CB conversion process, look/similarity is represented by the pics below: