Tank Bag

The ferret_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Needless to say, Ferret had too many bikes :P, and I wonder if you have a list of all of them..?
:)
This is pretty close on street bikes. Didn't list the dirt bikes

HARLEYS: 65 M50, 59 XLCH, 49 56 & 57 Pans, 94 XLCH

HONDAS: 66 CB160, 67 CL77, 68 CB350, 67 CB450, 76 CB750, 85 VF1100, 00 CB750, 06 ST1300, 13 CB1100, 14 CB1100

SUZUKI: 75 GT750, 76 GT750, 81 GS850G, 83 GS1100E

KAWASAKI: 77 KZ1000

YAMAHA: 73 RD350, 73 TX650, 79 XS650, 81 XS650, 04 FZ1, 01 FZ1, 06 Majesty, 2018 FJR 1300

TRIUMPH 03 T100

BSA 69 750 Rocket 3
This is pretty close on street bikes. Didn't list the dirt bikes

HARLEYS: 65 M50, 59 XLCH, 49 56 & 57 Pans, 94 XLCH

HONDAS: 66 CB160, 67 CL77, 68 CB350, 67 CB450, 76 CB750, 85 VF1100, 00 CB750, 06 ST1300, 13 CB1100, 14 CB1100

SUZUKI: 75 GT750, 76 GT750, 81 GS850G, 83 GS1100E

KAWASAKI: 77 KZ1000

YAMAHA: 73 RD350, 73 TX650, 79 XS650, 81 XS650, 04 FZ1, 01 FZ1, 06 Majesty, 2018 FJR 1300

TRIUMPH 03 T100

BSA 69 750 Rocket 3
:worship: ...just a second, where is the CBX :huh: ???
 
My sister took that pic out the window of their Dodge van. We were on our way to a motocross race in Indiana. My motocross bike and her two sons bikes, were on a 3 rail Holesclaw trailer behind the van and all of our racing gear was in the van. Rode to the races with my wife on the KZ, raced 3 motos in the 125-A class, and rode home with my wife on the KZ. During the week I ran a Kawasaki shop (part of a 4 store multi line dealership Honda/Kawasaki). My life was immersed in motorcycles.

c92cc9e307b27e0d925c1431502570f4.jpg


Those were the days.

BTW both of those boys, now 55 and 52 both still ride ...one a Suzuki V Strom 650 and the other a Honda CB500X which is in my garage for him to ride when he visits and a Honda NC 750 at his home in Nevada, and the youngest one's son also rides..KTM 390. Motorcycling runs deep in the blood in this family
 
You had the Majesty? Any words of wisdom you would like to briefly share?

- - -

If I had to choose a "desert island" bike off that list, it might be the CB350.
 
Majesty was a great scooter. Plenty of power, plenty smooth. My only complaint was the air cleaners (2 of them) mounted close to the rear wheel would pick up belt dust and be black within 5000 miles.

e8a67c12054013be7ca49758577efe39.jpg


My wife also had one

bd93b7d07e9a0a4b748c0bc375da078b.jpg


Desert island bike from that list ? CL77 (305 scrambler)

Found another tank bag pic..

Cruising the Blue Ridge Parkway on my 81 GS 850 G Suzuki

a64766eacde6a1a1e5a6b21c65866016.jpg
 
I'm guessing that's a TM125, but the tank looks like it's a YZ125. In any event -- dual shocks, so it's pre-1975 or thereabouts, How far off am I?
 
real close Yamaha AT 125-MX (I also had a LT 100 MX and a YZ-125)
 
Seen first hand and heard many great things about the Majesty. It is cross-country capable, and incredibly, with two up! I did not hear about the air cleaner issue, but definitely good to know.
 
Ferret is the Guru of motorcycling....he can tell you the year and make of any motorcycle you come across on the road, just seeing a piece of it....amazing!
 
I've ridden a Zero S. It was a strange experience for someone used to ice motors and characteristics. Dealer pulled it out the front door of the shop, turned a key and said " There, it's running" I couldn't hear anything and I said " what's running?" Lol. He explained how to go and stop, and I climbed on and took off. WHIIIRRRRRRRRRR. First stop sign I come up to I hit the brakes and " dang, it stalled" or so I thought, because it seemed like it had just quit. When an electric isnt moving there are no physical sensations, no vibrations, no noise, even the WHIIIIRRRRRR is gone. There is nothing. It's just there. LIke sitting on your CB in the garage. Weird. Other than that it runs, handles and stops like a regular motorcycle.

Still I think a scooter would be the perfect application for an electric motor.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
Belt drive on that Forza. Nice to see that.
Honda Forza? Yeah, it is a scooter.

I reckon you mean the Zero DSR above?
Honda Forza? Yeah, it is a scooter.

I reckon you mean the Zero DSR above? Oops, my bad. Yes, the Zero DSR above. I've not seen one in the flesh. Nice looking two-wheeler.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I've ridden a Zero S. It was a strange experience for someone used to ice motors and characteristics. Dealer pulled it out the front door of the shop, turned a key and said " There, it's running" I couldn't hear anything and I said " what's running?" Lol. He explained how to go and stop, and I climbed on and took off. WHIIIRRRRRRRRRR. First stop sign I come up to I hit the brakes and " dang, it stalled" or so I thought, because it seemed like it had just quit. When an electric isnt moving there are no physical sensations, no vibrations, no noise, even the WHIIIIRRRRRR is gone. There is nothing. It's just there. LIke sitting on your CB in the garage. Weird. Other than that it runs, handles and stops like a regular motorcycle.

Still I think a scooter would be the perfect application for an electric motor.
Let's hope Honda/Yamaha comes out with something really cool, reliable and practical. Around here, cheap low-budget, tacky, offshore electric scooters are everywhere, on the sidewalk, on the road, slowing down road traffic, traumatizing sidewalk pedestrians, seniors ... annoying. These ones are too small to license (not sure why), but too powerful for sidewalks.
 
I came to this thread to read about bags and learned a few good things about people's experiences with them. Probably going to get a set of Tourmaster Elite saddlebags and that Cortech 2.0 tank bag for weekend trips. Then my 2017 EX can be naked again for local day trips when I don't need to carry cargo.

But since this thread has turned toward electric bikes, I'll mention that 4 years ago at the Progressive International Motorcycle Show (IMS) in Long Beach, I got to ride a Harley-Davidson LiveWire demo unit. They had a fleet of about 20 that they took on tour with the IMS. I got to ride it for nearly a half-hour through the streets of Long Beach with a short stint on the freeway. It was really quite an experience. 100% torque whenever you wanted it. Regenerative braking that almost made using the brake unnecessary when rolling up to a stop. I don't think $30K for one now is worth it, but if you have money to throw away, it'd be a fun toy to have.

Also Piaggio is about to come to market with an electric Vespa: the [url=https://electrek.co/2018/08/27/electric-vespa-the-elletrica-production/]Elettrica which would also be fun around town...
 
I've a spare Held tankbag. When I arrive June 03 in LA, I could bring it with me.

It is not magnetic, it is tied with a leather strap around the headset and a Velcro at the back.

ad69250372787e02c01011b496e9918f.jpg


f9ff130d5e22ff2997f5334d0a0cf1a3.jpg


991e1306769d3095ff4948e208f3d64b.jpg


929788f1e768bd18672f2d38282fc3b3.jpg


6270acf4224d391f2da42d0058c89505.jpg


b80c32099f6e8716823c3f852df33837.jpg
 
I appreciate the offer Django! However I will be wanting to use my new luggage well before June. ;-) Also I think I'm already sold on the ease-of-use that the magnetic attachment seems to offer.
 
Back
Top