Low Bar (CB500) with Riser Flip - Perfect Sport Ergos

Sam, you have something against angels getting wings? ;)

Wolf, I noticed that zip tie on another of your pics. Whats it for? Measuring fork dive?
 
Ulve, if you are in any kind of pain from strain, you might want to hold off until you are healthy to try and put them on...or call Nemo for assistance.

Like we say in the primitive bowhunting world, "We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are hard"
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Sam, you have something against angels getting wings? ;)

Wolf, I noticed that zip tie on another of your pics. Whats it for? Measuring fork dive?
Yeah, I was fooling about with the front preload. It lets you know about how much excursion you are getting on the forks. The springs are mushy but not terrible so I have not yet brought myself to replace them.

It is old-school, yeah. Racebikes with data acquisition have a really cool wire slider inside an electromagnet, very precise. Tire pressure and temperature, brake pressure, all that cool stuff. I like to read Andrew Trevitt's columns, he's big on data. Big data, I guess we should call it.
 
Sam Mac_imp said:
I don't need no stinkin RLET's, it didn't come with them and it's not getting them so there, how do you like me now. LMAO
Quite right Sam. Honda placed RLETs on their early bikes so owners could have the distinct pleasure of cutting them off. Lever ends need be naked and in the wind.
 
Every time Redbirds speaks I feel a disturbance in the force. The dark side is strong in him ;)
 
Thread starter
redbirds_imp said:
Sam Mac_imp said:
I don't need no stinkin RLET's, it didn't come with them and it's not getting them so there, how do you like me now. LMAO
Quite right Sam. Honda placed RLETs on their early bikes so owners could have the distinct pleasure of cutting them off. Lever ends need be naked and in the wind.
Quite right Sam. Honda placed RLETs on their early bikes so owners could have the distinct pleasure of cutting them off. Lever ends need be naked and in the wind. Maybe I bought them for just that reason; I can install them, and then decide I don't like them and remove them. Reduces weight and drag. A cheap thrill.
 
Sam Mac_imp said:
I don't need no stinkin RLET's, it didn't come with them and it's not getting them so there, how do you like me now. LMAO
Deary me, Sam. There is no need at all for such a passive-aggressive stance. It's your loss not ours. :)
 
Elipten_imp said:
I say we epoxy a set on Redbirds' bike. The force will win!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just try to get past my Jack Russel Terrierists. I would cut off the lever ends rather than be seen sporting such heresy. Like dressing Ann Margaret in a burka.
 
Thread starter
The complete bar-end weight assembly for the CB500F bars is the way to go, I think. I just got the weights to check them out, and they are shorter, but quite a bit heavier than the ones on the CB1100. Also the internal weight appears to be much longer and heavier. I ordered up the rest of the parts (the CB500F weights are incompatible with the CB1100 components) so I expect to observe a real decrease in vibes, since the vibration reduction efforts for the twin are more aggressive. All the parts together probably equal about $75 with shipping, and I think the bars were about $50.
 
Ulvetanna_imp said:
The complete bar-end weight assembly for the CB500F bars is the way to go, I think. I just got the weights to check them out, and they are shorter, but quite a bit heavier than the ones on the CB1100. Also the internal weight appears to be much longer and heavier. I ordered up the rest of the parts (the CB500F weights are incompatible with the CB1100 components) so I expect to observe a real decrease in vibes, since the vibration reduction efforts for the twin are more aggressive. All the parts together probably equal about $75 with shipping, and I think the bars were about $50.
Coming to this late in the game. I have the coveted 2016 Canadian black checker edition with a matching Road Comet II fairing. At 6'2" a lower bar that better matches the RCII and my arm length sounds great. And black too. My understanding is the 2016 is essentially the 2014 standard, i.e. 4-in-1 exhaust, with fancy paint. I was thinking Type II bars but landed here from samurider they are 3 times the cost.

Tried to order the bars (2013 CB500 #53100-MGZ-306) from Honda but they are telling me "looks like you would have to get more then just the bars you would have to get a new bridge, bar holders bars and the weights." WTF? Surely they are wrong.

So I am a little confused. Some folks here are saying these bars work on the 2014 and the weights are completely interchangeable, even perhaps no drilling. Others say the bars are too low, but I think only for the DLX. The note back from Honda suggests a total mess.

What am I missing? Is there a "2014" CB500 bar that is different somehow?

Ulvetanna would the riser flip mentioned in your other post help with clearance?

Any other Standard 2014 mods out there or better 2016s?

Thanks, Jeff
 
QimmiQ, you probably won't get a reply from Ulvetanna. He's not been around for a while now.
 
Back
Top