Tank abrasions

spechg

Running like a top
Thread starter
I have noticed some abrasions to the clear coat around the belt buckle area of my tank. I remember seeing a post on how to protect against this using 3M clear bra film. However I'm wondering whether anyone has used and can recommend an adhesive backed rubber pad to prevent this scratching. I see Techspec do several models but I wonder which one is the best fit for the 2019 EX tank shape?
Thanks in advance,
Simon
 
Think, Alain Lee has some tank pads, maybe magnetic?? on his beautiful '17 EX, so he may chime in with more details...
 
Now that Sniders is no longer available, I'm looking for an equivalent product. Anyone have any ideas?
 
Move your eyes one space to the right.

This company has been in business for a long time. I will say the kit for the ST1300 is Awesome! For the CB I have the kit with tank side protectors and the center protector. Don’t know what’s different with the DLX kit.

For the new angular tanks I’d call them.
 
Aaaah, bit more than just one space, I found it...and it does not say anything now but shows the product :P TY.
 
Ah, on my iPad it was one space. But, not being a rocket scientist, I didn’t think about different devices :banana:

The rocket scientist thing is a private joke between PB and me. The things a lord has to put up with from his Grand Chancellor would amaze you :D PB, I’m going to the wine celler. Alert Cormanus...:beerchug:
 
..usually amazing people amaze others
7073328dd1ca9ff5621ae07596577f1a.gif

....also going down to the wine cellar....:banana:
..he is not forum active at this moment...
 
Simon: I have used TechSpec very successfully on the CB1100 and removed them years later after endless months in direct sunlight all day. Not only was there no paint damage, but I was able to reuse the pads on another bike. The set came with knee pads and a top tank pad. I did not use the top pad.

In terms of product quality: You cannot go wrong with TechSpec, and they actually look good (not goofy like some knock-offs).
 
Hey, looks like Tank Slapper has a cling film that might work. And, they're in the same area code as my Mom. Wonder if they'd let me come grab a sample of the material. From my last sheet of Sniders, I cut a rectangle and placed it on the back edge of the tank near the seat to prevent belt buckle scratches, and I cut pieces to cover the face of the tank on both sides to prevent rock chips. Really hate rock chips.
 
Pulled the trigger on the Tank Slapper cling film and bought a few sheets. I'll report back when I have a chance to take a look at it.
 
Just got my roll of Tank Slapper cling film. If you’ve ever used Sniders Paint Guard and lament its passing, this is pretty much the same stuff. Maybe a hair thinner but looks just as effective.

I’m glad to have found a new source for protective film!
 
Back
Top