Taking the plunge and purchasing a 2014 Deluxe

drodg33

Been there
Thread starter
I have been hanging around here since like last summer last year and finally decided to purchase a 2014 Deluxe. I will take delivery of it probably the tail end of next week. It is still in a crate at the dealer. I am pretty excited as I have let a few slip through my fingers before I bought one. I know there are pretty slim picking as far as new inventory out there. I appreciate everyone on this sight as I have learned quite a bit about the bike from here. I come from BMW R1200RT's and my last bike was a ST1300 that I sold about five years ago. I was going to try to find a CB750 or CB500 but the prices are getting a tad high and besides I don't think I have seen a motorcycle that I like the looks of better than the 14 Deluxe. I can't wait to get it and start riding. It will be a new thing for me to ride a non fairing motorcycle but I don't believe I do that kind of riding anymore. I will post pictures when I get it. Thanks again
 
Congratulations and welcome. I remember the day I took delivery, I kept going back to the garage that night. Enjoy the smiles. :beerchug:
 
Awesome man, congrats. I picked up my son Erics CB fresh out of the crate in Toledo a while back. Had a nice road trip back to Florida on it. Great bike, you're gonna love it ;)
 
:hello: Howdy and welcome to the forum. You have excellent taste in motorcycles IMO (still have my ST 1300 though lol)
 
This bike, for a certain segment of the motorcycle rider, really hits some buttons that have not been hit in a long time.

I'd be in serious financial trouble if Honda came out with a modern version, in the retro theme, of the CJ360T and CB450 as well as a refresh of the GB500 (make it a 650 this time with the motor in current use - but add EFI please!!!!).
 
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I let a 2013 slip through my fingers, so I know how you felt, but scored a 2014 last April almost by chance. I just happened to be there when the truck arrived with two on board so I had first dibs.
It's a great motorcycle. Enjoy :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
G'day and welcome drodg. You'll enjoy the DLX.
 
Welcome and excellent choice drodg. I too sold my BMW and came back to Honda. Mine was a K1200 GT, great bike but too complicated. The CB will amaze you.
 
Welcome! I too came here via the ex-BMW route. Had six of them all at different times, and now I find myself with three Hondas in the garage. Still trying to figure out how that happened! ;)
 
Welcome drodg! You will like it. I had to play the waiting game too but it was well worth it.

I came to the CB from the other end of the sport-touring spectrum - a VFR. Watched the CB from afar since 2010. When it got here in 2013 I hesitated, and then comes the DLX in 2014.

Glad you were able to score one! Now we wait so see what Honda does next.
 
Thread starter
Thank you everyone and I have really enjoyed this forum. The main reason I left BMW and went to the ST1300 after many years of owning 1100RT's and 1200RT's was service. It is a pain if you have a warranty claim and have to ride 80 plus miles to a dealer. Anyhow I appreciate your welcome. This is one positive forum toward the CB1100!
 
Well, it's easy to positive about a bike as nice as the CB1100.

What really makes this forum special is how respectful members are to other members.
 
While at the Honda shop today, I met a gentleman who had ordered and purchased a 2014 DLX sight unseen. Because this dealer didn't want to stock both versions he didn't have a price for the man but the man told me this was the first cycle he had ever bought that he didn't know the price. He then showed me all the factory farkles he had added and he has more money tied up in accessories than I do. He put a 2013 luggage rack on at a cost of $350. that sounded high but it is a perfect fit.
 
Thread starter
Well I know the price but next week is when I see one for the first time. I have purchased the bike from a dealer over 150 miles from me and I still have yet to see one or ride one. That kind of makes it more exciting but scary at the same time for me. So in reality I am buying it sight unseen.
 
avsbezzy_imp said:
Congratulations and welcome. I remember the day I took delivery, I kept going back to the garage that night. Enjoy the smiles. :beerchug:
I still open the door to the garage just about every night before going to bed to look at my bikes...
 
Back
Top