Tail tidy

tod.branko_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Had anyone perhaps purchased this tail tidy
74e30a16ceb33cf873b617aa8474c42a.png


If yes, would you mind measuring it in detail because I'd rather make it than pay 200$ for a piece of steel

I will probably use the tail lights on the third pic, so I just need the measurements for the plate that goes under the seat
c02d4e4a3f63ff42e25934bf5cef45f6.jpg
99d8c77aa0814047de47ed28e6896658.jpg
e4ba13b8534f489bb7f336b19663412d.jpg


Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Anyways, I pulled out my trusty ole tool kit and made a cardboard pattern, I'll go have it cut, got quite a large piece of steel, so I'll probably make two or three if someone wants

I didn't want to cut the original tail light and turn signal wiring, instead just disconnected and pulled the wires out, I'll have to figure out how to wire that to be as close to the originals, don't think I'll be able to find original male connectors to solder, if anyone has a suggestion I'm all ears

I'll also fabricate a saddlebag rack in place of the original grab rails, perhaps with a wraparound grab rails, don't have the mock-up yet, but once I do I'll show you - again, if someone wants I'll make one or two
8ad4d6b25b79087ea2a9bd7a65c98f59.jpg
ae0dc078828697efa6ba914366b6cebe.jpg
26036d9a445dbc1684416912aa7a2f90.jpg
92646c5f6fbd0707aa57a893f9612b49.jpg


Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
 
Lord Popgun knows lots about connectors and where to get them.
 
Thanks PB!

Cycleterminal is where I got mine, but recently a member said he got his from aliexpress.
 
Thank you milords.
 
Thread starter
Thank you for the link! Definitely getting bookmarked!

As I don't have time to wait for those to arrive, I decided to reuse the original ones, I had a bunch of bullet connectors, so I spliced the original wires to fit the ones on the new tail light. It worked out well

I tested the lights, they work, blinkers are going to need a different relay because the flash too fast for my liking, but that's not an urgent matter

Now just need to finish the actual steel fabrication, had only enough time for a rough cut yesterday
6e76ea8c6c1f2132885e0fee9245f379.jpg
36a898959280f966b1f1130bfcf1fce2.jpg
3881f0e738fac4041eac8c79dd2767a7.jpg


Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Cuts are done, now to grind the sharp edges and drill the holes, and then some black satin protective enamel, and mount up
8412dc73f3a254623bdc283c8c6c443b.png
3200958d312cbefeb431126fa60b03e2.jpg


Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
KiowaEagle_imp said:
That tail light is cool! Looks like afterburners.
Yup, reminded me of the same thing when I saw them first, they were initially going to go on the Guzzi but I changed my mind, and they fit the CB round theme perfectly

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
 
Looks great Tod! Did you end up making a few? Did you finish the saddlebag mounting rack you mentioned too? Any pics available if so? Thanks!
Tom


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top