Tail Light Options?

HikerToo_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
wondering if we could place all our tail light options in this thread.
After simplifying my plate mount, I suddenly realized how big and bulbous looking our stock tail light is...:-(

I would like to replace it with a smaller , closer to fender mount, and preferably without replacing the fender.
I see this one on Samurider but don't know if it requires a different fender too...
http://www.samurider.com/?p=14604
 
HikerToo_imp said:
wondering if we could place all our tail light options in this thread.
After simplifying my plate mount, I suddenly realized how big and bulbous looking our stock tail light is...:-(

I would like to replace it with a smaller , closer to fender mount, and preferably without replacing the fender.
I see this one on Samurider but don't know if it requires a different fender too...
http://www.samurider.com/?p=14604
With all the distracted drivers , unfortunately,I think we need all the light we can put in back. Within reason.
 
This doesn't address your question, but I have a small Lucas style light on a Chic Design rear fender. It is as bright or brigher than the stock light. I don't feel I'm compromising safety.

Mr T should know if the light you're looking at will fit.
 
HikerToo_imp said:
About how much for the fender and light CB4ME?
An arm and a leg

This puppy costs a good $700:

6598f97be302dde11023bf13682f5d55.jpg


It does look pretty good:

8c3a7a3b222c69985a7410f0a97cf43a.jpg


Or you can spend about $250 on this one:

aa24c8a69b9d7186d5f30899fc381756.jpg


Back to my original point, it’s not so much the size of the tail…..light, but how brightly it shines.
 
Joel Goodson_imp said:
Smoked and integrated Ducati Monster tail light on mine. Paying that much for those goofy looking fenders is absurd.
Joel,

Those absurdly expensive "goofy looking (Chic Design) fenders" lets some of the water coming off the rear tire to sprinkle the back of the bike.

But you probably alreay know that. :P

Nice light.
 
CBXBob_imp said:
HikerToo_imp said:
wondering if we could place all our tail light options in this thread.
After simplifying my plate mount, I suddenly realized how big and bulbous looking our stock tail light is...:-(

I would like to replace it with a smaller , closer to fender mount, and preferably without replacing the fender.
I see this one on Samurider but don't know if it requires a different fender too...
http://www.samurider.com/?p=14604
With all the distracted drivers , unfortunately,I think we need all the light we can put in back. Within reason.
+100
Joel Goodson_imp said:
HikerToo_imp said:
You need "some" fender showing, looks like something is missing without it...like the fender!
I need a fender as much as you need a cell phone mount.
I need a fender as much as you need a cell phone mount. Maybe you don't (unless it's pouring rain) but the guy behind you might appreciate it.
 
Red Mist_imp said:
CBXBob_imp said:
HikerToo_imp said:
wondering if we could place all our tail light options in this thread.
After simplifying my plate mount, I suddenly realized how big and bulbous looking our stock tail light is...:-(

I would like to replace it with a smaller , closer to fender mount, and preferably without replacing the fender.
I see this one on Samurider but don't know if it requires a different fender too...
http://www.samurider.com/?p=14604
With all the distracted drivers , unfortunately,I think we need all the light we can put in back. Within reason.
+100
Joel Goodson_imp said:
HikerToo_imp said:
You need "some" fender showing, looks like something is missing without it...like the fender!
I need a fender as much as you need a cell phone mount.
I need a fender as much as you need a cell phone mount. Maybe you don't (unless it's pouring rain) but the guy behind you might appreciate it.
+100
Joel Goodson_imp said:
HikerToo_imp said:
You need "some" fender showing, looks like something is missing without it...like the fender!
I need a fender as much as you need a cell phone mount.
I need a fender as much as you need a cell phone mount. Maybe you don't (unless it's pouring rain) but the guy behind you might appreciate it.
Those of us not from the USA don't call it a 'mudguard' for nothing.
 
Back
Top