Suspension, have plan but input appreciated

Thread starter
Houtman_imp said:
It might perhaps make sense to put 2017 front forks on my 2014.
If the Adreani units need upkeep than they might not be for me.
I am not great in replacing the fork oil on my bikes.
It used to be very easy years ago when the forks had little drain plugs on the bottom.
You mean they don't anymore?

My Harley still does, thankfully.

I'm still waiting on my new front forks, probably see them this week.

I still can't decide on my rear shocks, I'm back and forth between the Gears and Ikons.
 
I had Progressives on my 750 Nighthawk. Couldn't tell any difference from the stock shocks.
 
Thread starter
My new '17 front forks arrived today and I was all excited opening the box..... until I saw the gold lowers and realized I had ordered the CB1100RS forks by mistake. They are one letter different in the parts code - a B instead of a D. Babbit's seems pretty good for exchanges.

No big deal, I'm not healed enough to put them on yet anyway and there is still another month of winter here yet.
 
Hi all
I recently took my bike 2010 model Cb1100a to local bike mechanic to sort out front suspension which was too soft. He replaced the fork oil with 15 weight oil, it feels like a new bike now, very happy with result.
I’m considering ikon for the rear or a set of used ohlins.

Regards all,

Ernie
 
G'day Ernie. Welcome to the forum.
 
Thread starter
Hey Cormanus - slightly off topic but how close to Melbourne are you or any of the Aussie forum members?

A good friend of mine just sold his '67 Coronet to somebody from Melbourne, I don't know if you have cruise nights/coffee & cars like here but if so I suspect you'll (the ubiquitous "you") see it there.
 
He lives in Brisbane. I think it is about 1200Kms.
 
W/R, I'm about 1,700 kms by road from Melbourne, so I'm unlikely to see the Coronet.

AussieFlyer lives in Melbourne and noroomtomove is a mere 200 kms away.
 
So W/R how are the new forks working out?

So the non RS forks end with the letter b correct? $401? the other ones are more $ right?

thanks.
 
Banned_imp said:
Hey Cormanus - slightly off topic but how close to Melbourne are you or any of the Aussie forum members?

A good friend of mine just sold his '67 Coronet to somebody from Melbourne, I don't know if you have cruise nights/coffee & cars like here but if so I suspect you'll (the ubiquitous "you") see it there.
Yes W/R a lot of folks drive their customs and street rods to the Peninsula Link service center on a Saturday night, I've taken my old Pontiac there a few times. We'll keep an eye out for a Coronet.
 
Thread starter
el duque_imp said:
So W/R how are the new forks working out?

So the non RS forks end with the letter b correct? $401? the other ones are more $ right?

thanks.
Yes, that's right - $401.

I'm waiting for the correct forks to show up, I should have temp this week.

Thanks aussieflyer, it's red with a black hood and a 440. '67 Coronet must be somewhat rare Down Under? It's a nice car UT not collector quality.
 
So that's $800 for the pair of complete fork assemblies?

I found this topic because I use my '14 standard for light touring and front suspension really sucks at dealing with pot holes, speed bumps and other irregularities. Especially in the corner. I'm looking to remedy that, without spending a cubic amount of dollars. Does anyone have a solution?

Found this kit, but not sure if this is more of a race upgrade
AR-25 Axxion Rod Damper Kit, S41-2 - Traxxion Dynamics

Thanks in advance
 
Thread starter
Yes, $800 and you get the complete fork already assembled, you just have to add oil.

I looked at the Traxxion kit but was told it's more of a stiff, performance upgrade as opposed to compliant and smooth.
 
There is no suspension system on earth that could take on the potholes around here without gnashing your teeth and driving your backside up through your spinal column.

You may be able to find something that will minimize expansion joint jolts though.
 
Thread starter
Houtman_imp said:
The 2017 gives a much better ride on poorer roads.
2017 forks are on back order for a few weeks.
Really? When did you order?

I sent back the RS forks that I ordered accidentally but they didn't mention a back order.

Maybe I got lucky.
 
Back
Top