Suspension, have plan but input appreciated

I ordered them about 5 days ago from Babbitt's , yesterday they send an email to say backordered till April 15.
There are probably not that many in the Honda warehouse.
 
Quote:So that's $800 for the pair of complete fork assemblies?
may be lower if .....

I was pricing these ... got all the way to check out. I think I had gotten a discount code from somewhere which was like 10% off. No shipping if I recall. I didn't pull the trigger ... wasn't going to from the get go.
Then a day or so later I get an email from them sayin to the effect, " hey we noticed you were gonna buy these and didn't how about another 12% off the top on orders of $300 or more"
here's the email:
Thank you for shopping BabbittsOnline.com!

I see you recently tried to order parts, but we still have your cart with the 2 parts you need.

I am reaching out to offer you a final incentive to complete your order with us.

At checkout, use promo code eddie12 and receive an additional 12% off* your order of $300 or more on me. You can click here to complete your order now.

On behalf of the Babbitt's team, we look forward to serving you.

Eddie Babbitt

I wish I could remember the first code. Anybody? At least it looks like you might get the 12% if you are patient.

Yeah and my 014 forks are a little hard too. Our roads are pretty good for the most part - thankfully.
 
el duque_imp said:
Quote:So that's $800 for the pair of complete fork assemblies?
may be lower if .....

I was pricing these ... got all the way to check out. I think I had gotten a discount code from somewhere which was like 10% off. No shipping if I recall. I didn't pull the trigger ... wasn't going to from the get go.
Then a day or so later I get an email from them sayin to the effect, " hey we noticed you were gonna buy these and didn't how about another 12% off the top on orders of $300 or more"
here's the email:
Thank you for shopping BabbittsOnline.com!

I see you recently tried to order parts, but we still have your cart with the 2 parts you need.

I am reaching out to offer you a final incentive to complete your order with us.

At checkout, use promo code eddie12 and receive an additional 12% off* your order of $300 or more on me. You can click here to complete your order now.

On behalf of the Babbitt's team, we look forward to serving you.

Eddie Babbitt

I wish I could remember the first code. Anybody? At least it looks like you might get the 12% if you are patient.

Yeah and my 014 forks are a little hard too. Our roads are pretty good for the most part - thankfully.
may be lower if .....

I was pricing these ... got all the way to check out. I think I had gotten a discount code from somewhere which was like 10% off. No shipping if I recall. I didn't pull the trigger ... wasn't going to from the get go.
Then a day or so later I get an email from them sayin to the effect, " hey we noticed you were gonna buy these and didn't how about another 12% off the top on orders of $300 or more"
here's the email:
Thank you for shopping BabbittsOnline.com!

I see you recently tried to order parts, but we still have your cart with the 2 parts you need.

I am reaching out to offer you a final incentive to complete your order with us.

At checkout, use promo code eddie12 and receive an additional 12% off* your order of $300 or more on me. You can click here to complete your order now.

On behalf of the Babbitt's team, we look forward to serving you.

Eddie Babbitt

I wish I could remember the first code. Anybody? At least it looks like you might get the 12% if you are patient.

Yeah and my 014 forks are a little hard too. Our roads are pretty good for the most part - thankfully.
THIS IS HOW I DID ORDER , TRIED A SMALL PART ( METER COVER) BUT DID NOT FINISH THE ORDER ,NEXT DAY AN EMAIL WITH THE DISCOUNT WHICH I USED FOR THE FORKS. THE METERCOVER I THAN ORDERED FROM PARTFISH BECAUSE OF CHEAPER SHIPPING.
 
That's a great tactic. Why don't they just offer the discounted price in the first place? Is there a real price? I have the same rant with Sirius. I call to cancel and just like magic, they reduce my subscription rate by 50%. Oooh, I'm so special.
 
Thread starter
Houtman_imp said:
el duque_imp said:
Quote:So that's $800 for the pair of complete fork assemblies?
may be lower if .....

I was pricing these ... got all the way to check out. I think I had gotten a discount code from somewhere which was like 10% off. No shipping if I recall. I didn't pull the trigger ... wasn't going to from the get go.
Then a day or so later I get an email from them sayin to the effect, " hey we noticed you were gonna buy these and didn't how about another 12% off the top on orders of $300 or more"
here's the email:
Thank you for shopping BabbittsOnline.com!

I see you recently tried to order parts, but we still have your cart with the 2 parts you need.

I am reaching out to offer you a final incentive to complete your order with us.

At checkout, use promo code eddie12 and receive an additional 12% off* your order of $300 or more on me. You can click here to complete your order now.

On behalf of the Babbitt's team, we look forward to serving you.

Eddie Babbitt

I wish I could remember the first code. Anybody? At least it looks like you might get the 12% if you are patient.

Yeah and my 014 forks are a little hard too. Our roads are pretty good for the most part - thankfully.
may be lower if .....

I was pricing these ... got all the way to check out. I think I had gotten a discount code from somewhere which was like 10% off. No shipping if I recall. I didn't pull the trigger ... wasn't going to from the get go.
Then a day or so later I get an email from them sayin to the effect, " hey we noticed you were gonna buy these and didn't how about another 12% off the top on orders of $300 or more"
here's the email:
Thank you for shopping BabbittsOnline.com!

I see you recently tried to order parts, but we still have your cart with the 2 parts you need.

I am reaching out to offer you a final incentive to complete your order with us.

At checkout, use promo code eddie12 and receive an additional 12% off* your order of $300 or more on me. You can click here to complete your order now.

On behalf of the Babbitt's team, we look forward to serving you.

Eddie Babbitt

I wish I could remember the first code. Anybody? At least it looks like you might get the 12% if you are patient.

Yeah and my 014 forks are a little hard too. Our roads are pretty good for the most part - thankfully.
THIS IS HOW I DID ORDER , TRIED A SMALL PART ( METER COVER) BUT DID NOT FINISH THE ORDER ,NEXT DAY AN EMAIL WITH THE DISCOUNT WHICH I USED FOR THE FORKS. THE METERCOVER I THAN ORDERED FROM PARTFISH BECAUSE OF CHEAPER SHIPPING.
may be lower if .....

I was pricing these ... got all the way to check out. I think I had gotten a discount code from somewhere which was like 10% off. No shipping if I recall. I didn't pull the trigger ... wasn't going to from the get go.
Then a day or so later I get an email from them sayin to the effect, " hey we noticed you were gonna buy these and didn't how about another 12% off the top on orders of $300 or more"
here's the email:
Thank you for shopping BabbittsOnline.com!

I see you recently tried to order parts, but we still have your cart with the 2 parts you need.

I am reaching out to offer you a final incentive to complete your order with us.

At checkout, use promo code eddie12 and receive an additional 12% off* your order of $300 or more on me. You can click here to complete your order now.

On behalf of the Babbitt's team, we look forward to serving you.

Eddie Babbitt

I wish I could remember the first code. Anybody? At least it looks like you might get the 12% if you are patient.

Yeah and my 014 forks are a little hard too. Our roads are pretty good for the most part - thankfully.
THIS IS HOW I DID ORDER , TRIED A SMALL PART ( METER COVER) BUT DID NOT FINISH THE ORDER ,NEXT DAY AN EMAIL WITH THE DISCOUNT WHICH I USED FOR THE FORKS. THE METERCOVER I THAN ORDERED FROM PARTFISH BECAUSE OF CHEAPER SHIPPING.
Well this is good information to have for next time.
 
Banned_imp said:
Yes, $800 and you get the complete fork already assembled, you just have to add oil.

I looked at the Traxxion kit but was told it's more of a stiff, performance upgrade as opposed to compliant and smooth.

Who said anything about add oil?

I just bolted mine on and rode....




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Do they have to be filled with oil ? You would think that they are filled at the factory. I will find out when they arrive !
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Banned_imp said:
Yes, $800 and you get the complete fork already assembled, you just have to add oil.

I looked at the Traxxion kit but was told it's more of a stiff, performance upgrade as opposed to compliant and smooth.

Who said anything about add oil?

I just bolted mine on and rode....




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who said anything about add oil?

I just bolted mine on and rode....

On the 2017 the forks are about 4-5 mm above the upper triple clamp , on the 2013 and 2014 they are flush, did you fit yours flush ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Yea- I put them back where they were.

I haven't been around a '17 in real life- but be aware the triple clamps have changed.

Depending on the design, that could change mounting height- or even just the dealer tech at whatever place you saw the forks.

Myself- I'll take stability over agility on this bike. No need to raise the forks.
 
Thread starter
Sorry Houtman it seems I must have gotten the last set of '17 forks from Babbitt's, I got a call from FedEx and they will be delivered Monday.

I'll have to wait a couple of weeks to order the Ikons for the rear, there was an ammo sale I couldn't pass up last week.
 
Thread starter
I got my new '17 forks yesterday - the right ones this time - so I think tomorrow I will order the Ikons for the rear.

As much as it pains me to say it (but nowhere near as much pain if I actually tried it) I think I am going to have to get everything installed by someone else, I'm not really able to turn any wrenches yet.

Once the suspension is set I'm all ready for the rally!!
 
Nothing wrong with getting some help if you aren't capable.

Btw did they come with oil in them?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Nothing wrong with getting some help if you aren't capable.

Btw did they come with oil in them?
I have no idea, there doesn't seem to be any way to tell without taking the caps off and they came with zero paperwork.

Once the forks are on the bike I'll pop the caps off to check. I know it's been said that they come pre-filled but I'm just not that trusting to not check.
 
Can you tilt them and feel a shifting in the weight?
 
If they have no oil in them, I will be both surprised and intrigued- as that would mean they will ride even better after filling. ;)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top