Supplementary lighting for the front?

Davidjill_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Riding at 50 plus in the dark in the UK with our awful roads, looking for some ideas to improve the headlight with some supplementary lights. Don’t want to go to replace headlight with LED
Have already replaced stock bulb with a night breaker equivalent which has helped but looking for a bit more
 
Check your other thread about cameras, Davidjill.
 
I used the front fender mounting bolt location to mount auxiliary single LED lights. The wires follow the brake hoses up to their connection on the lower triple clamp, and they then go inside the headlight bucket and are tapped into the headlight power wire.

Being single LED, they don't draw enough power to need a relay and I never turn them off, but I did mount a switch in case I ever want to.

They throw a good amount of light on the road, and make a great "triangle of light" up front for more visibility to traffic.
 
Dang—that price :(
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
I used the front fender mounting bolt location to mount auxiliary single LED lights. The wires follow the brake hoses up to their connection on the lower triple clamp, and they then go inside the headlight bucket and are tapped into the headlight power wire.

Being single LED, they don't draw enough power to need a relay and I never turn them off, but I did mount a switch in case I ever want to.

They throw a good amount of light on the road, and make a great "triangle of light" up front for more visibility to traffic.
Those look nice, where did you find them?
 
Back
Top