Supertrapp and K&N

MFGUSA_imp said:
I've installed a K&N filter as well as the Supertrapp off my old FT500. After each subsequent install I could certainly feel a difference after the fuel injection figured it out. I'm very pleased with the sound and performance so now its time to spring for a new stainless Supertrapp.




...Unless you guys think the Black goes with the Stainless header better?

As a longtime Supertrapp fan, I kept browsing their site for one that looked as if it could be made to fit. Never sure how one without a bit of a bend in it would work out. That, and solving the mounting tab problem. Looks like yours worked out fine!
 
Nice! I love supertrapp exhausts!

If I didn't already have the hand bent yosh, I'd totally be getting a supertrapp... Love them!
 
Thread starter
I had to make a bracket to stop the center stand travel but that was about it. Muffler slid right onto the pipe...no problem. The tab lined up fairly well but I may have to deal with my wife's heel proximity to the muffler. Looks Bitchin' I think.

To hell with her heel, she's got lots of shoes.
 
I think it looks pretty much fantastic. I'd keep it how it is if you like the way it performs. It's also really unique and you pioneered it. Nice and nice work!
 
Any way you can shoot a video for some sound clips (idle, rev, and a drive by if you can manage)? I am really curious about the sound. Not sure if I have ever heard a Supertrapp on anything but a single or twin, so a 4 cylinder out to be quite different. The big question is whether it's noticeably different than other slip-on pipes.

Edit: Found this clip below of a CB1100 EX with twin Supertrapps, so it isn't quite the same as a 4-1 exhaust. Still, it seems to really accentuate the sound of each cylinder firing which Supertrapp has always seemed to be really good at achieving.

 
Thread starter
the_undecider_imp said:
Any way you can shoot a video for some sound clips (idle, rev, and a drive by if you can manage)? I am really curious about the sound. Not sure if I have ever heard a Supertrapp on anything but a single or twin, so a 4 cylinder out to be quite different. The big question is whether it's noticeably different than other slip-on pipes.

Edit: Found this clip below of a CB1100 EX with twin Supertrapps, so it isn't quite the same as a 4-1 exhaust. Still, it seems to really accentuate the sound of each cylinder firing which Supertrapp has always seemed to be really good at achieving.

Sort of sounds like that. I'll see what I can do about a sound clip but be patient.
 
Back
Top